Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - aka sperginity speds out agendaposting

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
IME, people involved in animal welfare groups, either as volunteers or full time employees, are big on the whole "it's not the breed, it's the owner thing" and some of them do work wonders with RESCUED pitbulls, but see, that's the thing, they make this a big part of their lives.
It is, to a great extent, but then look at the fucking people who buy shitbulls in the first place.

inb4 stonetoss cartoon

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully gobbled. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Sad thing is, Hazel Park did enact a pit bull ban back in 2013, but when the city tried the enforce it, the resident backlash and outcry was such that it was repealed*. Also, there are groups that apparently target places having breed-specific legislation and bans and try to persuade them to repeal such bans as being pointless and perhaps unconstitutional if challenged in court. With many municipalities still relatively cash-strapped, repealing the law is the option of least resistance and cost as opposed to defending against an activist-initiated lawsuit. *sigh*

Of course, I cant help wondering if the family keeping this pit bull met the requirements of the new ordinance that once again allowed pit bulls in Hazel Park:
Pit Bulls have to be licensed, they have to be spayed/neutered, they have to have shots, they have to go through behavioral assessment to determine whether or not they’re dangerous, they have to have insurance, and owners have to have a fence.
* Source:

Archive:

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Sad thing is, Hazel Park did enact a pit bull ban back in 2013, but when the city tried the enforce it, the resident backlash and outcry was such that it was repealed*. Also, there are groups that apparently target places having breed-specific legislation and bans and try to persuade them to repeal such bans as being pointless and perhaps unconstitutional if challenged in court. With many municipalities still relatively cash-strapped, repealing the law is the option of least resistance and cost as opposed to defending against an activist-initiated lawsuit. *sigh*

Of course, I cant help wondering if the family keeping this pit bull met the requirements of the new ordinance that once again allowed pit bulls in Hazel Park:

* Source:

Archive:

That news story reeks of the "Here's a picture of a pitbull with flowers on its head, your argument against them is invalid" meme.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That news story reeks of the "Here's a picture of a pitbull with flowers on its head, your argument against them is invalid" meme.
I googled this to see if it was a thing and behold:

All part of a concerted propaganda campaign from the shitbull lobby to whitewash the baby-killer breed.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Chances are the people in charge either give no fucks about enforcement of the requirements, or don't have nearly enough money and manpower to actually check. Which checking itself is likely to be a huge pain in the ass since shelters will purposely mislabel pits to get them adopted by ignorant people who don't recognize a pit bull when they see one. And the people who do know will eagerly identify their dog as a pit bull when they put crowns and flowers (and flower crowns) on their head, or they do something that can be classified as heroic, until the second the dog bites someone/eats someone's pet(s). Then suddenly they don't know what kind of breed their dog is, or go off about how pit bull isn't a single, registered breed, therefore it can't be a pit bull.

tampon_tornado

kiwifarms.net
how the hell did this thing just keep on going while being stabbed repeatedly?
They've been bred for gameness for about two-hundred years. The only way to really stop a pit once it decides to go in for the kill is to choke it out. I mean I guess you can kill it in some other way but it can be risky to shoot one when it's right on a person or another animal, anything else is going to take too much time. You put it in a rear naked choke hold and you don't let go until it is dead. Because if you let it come to, it's just going to start attacking the nearest person or animal it can. It is very unlikely it will turn on you when you choke it, it also doesn't take long once you cut off the flow of oxygen to its brain to render it unconscious.

It's part of what they've been bred for because it's important in a fighting dog that it has the gameness required to want to fight to the death. You can't really train that into a dog, it has to already want to kill. A dog that doesn't want to fight is referred to as a "cold dog" and isn't going to be raised to be a fighting dog. You can look up game bred puppy litters and you can see the difference, you can see how vicious they already are when they are not even larger than a twelve ounce can of coke. It's innate.

It is, to a great extent, but then look at the fucking people who buy shitbulls in the first place.

inb4 stonetoss cartoon
There are actually numerous studies that support this sentiment, like this one or this one or this one.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully gobbled. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
After posting the article link, I browsed around and the site seems to be one with a very obvious pro-pitbull bias in hand-picking which pit-related stories it posts.

Chances are the people in charge either give no fucks about enforcement of the requirements, or don't have nearly enough money and manpower to actually check.
Agreed. Having already been told their anti-pit ordinance was so awful and just had to be changed, I'd expect any enforcement to be cursory at best and more after the fact and reactive (i.e. after a dog bite or attack) than proactive.

sperginity

crack whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I googled this to see if it was a thing and behold:

All part of a concerted propaganda campaign from the shitbull lobby to whitewash the baby-killer breed.
I've seen a bunch of them with butterfly/fairy wings for halloween, too.

I am digging this year's trend of pit bull fatalities being stupid pit bull owners getting eaten by their own dogs.

Which checking itself is likely to be a huge pain in the ass since shelters will purposely mislabel pits to get them adopted by ignorant people who don't recognize a pit bull when they see one.
I don't know how to make this illegal without having to waste a bunch of money testing dogs. Maybe they should get rid of breed markers on shelter dogs and make people more wary of what they are getting? Would no information be better than misleading information?

break these cuffs

Blue Falcon Actual
kiwifarms.net
Am I right to think it's mostly socjus types and batty unsocialized meme women who gravitate towards these dogs?
They're a growing portion of owners because they're trying to rescue the breed from it's poor reputation. My mother watches a lot of Animal Planet and shows like Dog Whisperer and others were successful in duping people into thinking they're just like any other breed. It's White Savior Complex applied to black people's dogs instead of black people themselves. You still see pits in the hood.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Would no information be better than misleading information?
If they can't mislead by lying about the breed, they'll lie in other ways, which they already do. They'll go on about how sweet and friendly it is, but mysteriously can't be around kids or other animals. Some don't even bother to say that much. Anything to try to pawn a violent, unadoptable dog on some poor sucker.

sperginity

crack whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another fatal mauling happened, but instead of the owner being a trashy exceptional individual, it is a director of the humane society and a state level politician who used the dogs in campaign ads. Holy shit! Her dog mauled and killed a 95 year old woman.

the owner seems to totally be in denial, she is acting like the old woman died from a fall, when all evidence indicates that she was bleeding seriously at the time of her death due to multiple bites.

"Hornish said the dog, Dexter, was reacting to being hit repeatedly with a metal stool by her mother's home health aide, who apparently thought the dog was greeting their visitor too enthusiastically when he jumped on D'Aleo, who uses a walker ... 'It seems as if the dog got excited and it was overexuberant,' Hornish said. '[The dog] jumped on a friend with a walker and she fell backward and we believe that's what killed her.'"
(...)

Police characterized D'Aleo's injuries as "bleeding from a dog bite" and bitten on her lower extremities, causing "substantial and severe injuries." Dispatch logs from Suffield Police, Fire and EMS show the call for a "dog bite" came in at 2:57 pm. At 3:08 pm, another call comes in. Dispatch asks, "Can you check with people on the scene and see if we have a Janet D'Aleo? We are receiving another call from a monitoring company. Something about a dog attack?"1

The only person who is characterizing D'Aleo's death as a "fall," and at that, "a very unfortunate accident," is the owner of the pit bull, former state Rep. Annie Hornish who continues to be the Connecticut Senior State Director of the HSUS. The 911 caller told police the woman had been bitten and was bleeding. Two separate monitoring companies for Suffield Police, Fire and EMS picked up reports of a "dog bite" and "dog attack." There was no mention of a falling injury.

failed-senate-run.jpg

there was a facebook video of the murder dog freaking out at a party full of people, but annie hornish has deleted it. dogsbite.org has a copy at the link I posted if anyone is interested. I hope this blows up, but who the fuck knows. If it is the owner and not the breed then this never should have happened.

Clockwork_PurBle

"I got a B+ in lurking!"
kiwifarms.net
The whole "blame the training blame the humans not the breed uwu" thing is a statement or "philosophy" found most commonly within pit advocates, but it's a thing you see among the "dog people" (or whatever) in general as well and it's still just as annoying.

If that statement was 100% true how do you explain owners who train pits and other aggressive breeds "the right way" but still get attacked? You can only respond with "they trained them wrong" so many times. Toy breeds like yorkies were essentially bred to be spoiled and pampered, and they have "small syndrome" so they bark for an hour every time the wind blows. That's in their genetic code and sometimes you can't train it out of them.

Like yeah I guess that's true, to an extent, but there are also just shithead dogs that won't be trained at all, regardless of breed. Some dogs are psychos and aren't trainable or controllable. Vets will tell you this.

sperginity

crack whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The whole "blame the training blame the humans not the breed uwu" thing is a statement or "philosophy" found most commonly within pit advocates, but it's a thing you see among the "dog people" (or whatever) in general as well and it's still just as annoying.

If that statement was 100% true how do you explain owners who train pits and other aggressive breeds "the right way" but still get attacked? You can only respond with "they trained them wrong" so many times. Toy breeds like yorkies were essentially bred to be spoiled and pampered, and they have "small syndrome" so they bark for an hour every time the wind blows. That's in their genetic code and sometimes you can't train it out of them.

Like yeah I guess that's true, to an extent, but there are also just shithead dogs that won't be trained at all, regardless of breed. Some dogs are psychos and aren't trainable or controllable. Vets will tell you this.
they want to believe that no-kill shelters are viable and that no dogs need to be put down. It is pretty naive. Speaking of that, a shelter successfully fundraised thousands of dollars for a pit bull that is little more than a walking scab and should be euthanized. It is disgusting so I am going to spoiler it.

edited to add: fair warning, it is missing a nose. like, generally. and eyelids. its like a fallout ghoul but a dog
scab.jpg

Last edited:

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pit bull stolen from owner at gunpoint in Northeast DC, police say
A pit bull was stolen at gunpoint over the weekend in the District and now police are asking for the public's help in finding a vehicle of interest that may have been involved in the incident.

D.C. police say at around 3:45 p.m. on Saturday, November 9, a man was walking his dog in the 800 block of Division Avenue, Northeast, when he was approached by suspects in a vehicle.

Police say the suspects engaged the man in conversation and then took his dog, a 4-month-old Red Nose pit bull named "L.A.," while brandishing a handgun before they fled the scene in the car.

L.A. was last seen wearing a blue collar with a rabies vaccination tag. The name L.A. is on the collar.
Police say the suspect's vehicle is described as a burgundy 2017 Kia Forte. They released photos of a similar vehicle on Monday.
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/pit-bull-stolen-from-owner-at-gunpoint-in-northeast-dc-police-say

iT's nOt tHe doG iTS thE OWneR?‽

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino