The case for a second American Civil War - Enough talk about avoiding it.

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a wiser book than the comedy of a movie. So long as the Youth(Low) can be made to be loyal citizens to the military elite(High) against the civilians(Middle) then the resulting power structure will be far more stable than most modern political philosophers would believe.
The movie is entertaining, but I always thought it was weird when I learned the book was being sincere and the movie was satire, I think it's very reflective of the 1990s, no one could take themes like militarism seriously because hey, it's the 90s and that kind of thing is on it's way out, isn't it? It's the same reason why almost every superhero movie from the 90s is absurd ala Batman and Robin, nobody could take heroism seriously either.

I liked the scene where everyone was naked though.

Haim Arlosoroff

Archpolitician June Lapincal
kiwifarms.net
I also in hitler watch made a list of where the leaders of the next reactionary movement will come from. One would be doomsday cults
Do you have a link, I would be interested to read the list. I want to know to what extent they even all are aware of the others.

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net

You're not going get one guy. Nor one large group. A lot of little groups, who will (on their own) will form similar ideals and leaders with similar personalities.

convergent evolution is what's it going be called

The reason for this is cause america falling apart, nature of the new right and military strategy

Last edited:

knobslobbin

King knobslob the pious
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The right will withdraw from troon society and attempt to nullify federal laws at first, and when that fails try and secede. It will be the left that attacks first. I hope the good guys win.

But in the meantime why the FUCK is it so hard to buy a goddamn wankstation 5? Someone whip those goddamn lazy chinks into producing playstations faster! (I'm just assuming that even Japanese hardware is made in China now)

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The movie is entertaining, but I always thought it was weird when I learned the book was being sincere and the movie was satire, I think it's very reflective of the 1990s, no one could take themes like militarism seriously because hey, it's the 90s and that kind of thing is on it's way out, isn't it? It's the same reason why almost every superhero movie from the 90s is absurd ala Batman and Robin, nobody could take heroism seriously either.

I liked the scene where everyone was naked though.

Honestly, I do think the Starship Troopers movie from the 90's was a satire not just because of the typical Gen X pseudo-intellectual cynicism that eventually metastasized and dominates our current cultural hellscape, but also because of the time it came out in.

The Cold War was over and ended peaceably, the last major war up to that point was the Gulf War, which was a curb-stomp victory for the USA that pretty much ended within a week and aside from the clusterfuck in Somalia, the only other wars the USA was involved in were small skirmishes and airstrikes in the Balkans.

The militarism of WWII and the Cold War that informed the novel all seemed silly and antiquated at the time to the average American in the 90's.

The late 90's was when the West truly believed in Fukuyama's "End of History" theory that neoliberal corporate democracy was the way of the future and had "won" the game of history. While the wealthy elite still kind of believe it (or at least pay lip service to it), in the late 90's, most middle-class and even working-class Americans thought it was at least somewhat credible.

The economy was booming between 1995 and 2001, the Cold War ended peaceably in 1991 and while Russia and Eastern Europe were a total clusterfuck, everyone just assumed they'd eventually work themselves out and stuff like Chechnya or the Yugoslav Wars were just severe growing pains.

Hell, part of the reason why Clinton and both Bushes were so gung-ho about outsourcing industrial jobs to China and boosting their economy was out of this misguided sense that Western luxuries combined with Deng Xiaoping's reforms would eventually end the CCP regime peaceably, just like what happened to the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact.

It wasn't until 9/11 followed by the clusterfuck that was the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in the early 2000's did the public really start to question things and the bigwigs in the West shifted from "The End of History" to "managed decline"

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The right will withdraw from troon society and attempt to nullify federal laws at first, and when that fails try and secede. It will be the left that attacks first. I hope the good guys win.

But in the meantime why the FUCK is it so hard to buy a goddamn wankstation 5? Someone whip those goddamn lazy chinks into producing playstations faster! (I'm just assuming that even Japanese hardware is made in China now)
It's crazy how scalpers are bleeding the entire hobby of video games dry, nobody can get their hands on a new console or graphics card anymore without paying out the ass.

Maybe it's because of corona that it's gotten this bad but it also doesn't seem like people are simply going to stop scalping like this even without corona unless someway is figured out to force them to stop.

Honestly, I do think the Starship Troopers movie from the 90's was a satire not just because of the typical Gen X pseudo-intellectual cynicism that eventually metastasized and dominates our current cultural hellscape, but also because of the time it came out in.

The Cold War was over and ended peaceably, the last major war up to that point was the Gulf War, which was a curb-stomp victory for the USA that pretty much ended within a week and aside from the clusterfuck in Somalia, the only other wars the USA was involved in were small skirmishes and airstrikes in the Balkans.

The militarism of WWII and the Cold War that informed the novel all seemed silly and antiquated at the time to the average American in the 90's.

The late 90's was when the West truly believed in Fukuyama's "End of History" theory that neoliberal corporate democracy was the way of the future and had "won" the game of history. While the wealthy elite still kind of believe it (or at least pay lip service to it), in the late 90's, most middle-class and even working-class Americans thought it was at least somewhat credible.

The economy was booming between 1995 and 2001, the Cold War ended peaceably in 1991 and while Russia and Eastern Europe were a total clusterfuck, everyone just assumed they'd eventually work themselves out and stuff like Chechnya or the Yugoslav Wars were just severe growing pains.

Hell, part of the reason why Clinton and both Bushes were so gung-ho about outsourcing industrial jobs to China and boosting their economy was out of this misguided sense that Western luxuries combined with Deng Xiaoping's reforms would eventually end the CCP regime peaceably, just like what happened to the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact.

It wasn't until 9/11 followed by the clusterfuck that was the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in the early 2000's did the public really start to question things and the bigwigs in the West shifted from "The End of History" to "managed decline"
"The End of History" is exactly the mentality of what I was talking about, I do remember the vibe among some was that the Gulf War was the last major war the US would ever fight and any future conflicts would be over and done with quicker if they even happened at all.

Remember that Michael Moore movie Canadian Bacon was about this, how war had so dried up that the US government would purposely start wars on false pretenses just as an excuse to keep making money with the military industrial complex which what's funny is that anticipated the actual conspiracy theories about 9/11 and the post 9/11 era.

The movie Wag The Dog was about similar themes, it's just crazy that people really did seem to think American wars would be a thing of the past in the 1990s, I wish I could see the look on someone's face if you went back in time and told them that in reality America would still be fighting a war after 20 years.

The 1990s was an incredibly naive time, for another example of that you saw it with the Richard Jewell controversy where people, even the fucking FBI itself, thought it was more likely that someone would do a terrorist attack just to get the fame of "stopping" it even though this was after the 1993 WTC bombing and only 1 year after the OKC bombing, but somehow people were still insanely naive about terrorism.

That "ignorance is bliss" mentality was fun while it lasted but good grief was it proven wrong and do you just kind of cringe when you really think about it today.