The Cole Smithey Thread -

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Well, "facts" are certainly stretching it. I meant to say that, if you believe that mainstreaming was the right choice (which it legitimately might've been), then she facilitated that by getting the second job.
I think subsequent events have shown otherwise. It's not that I don't think a school district could be wrong in just automatically shuffling someone to special ed, but that shit is often more expensive than what normal students get. They don't really have that much of a motivation to want to spend more money. Maybe that's changed recently, but back when Chris was there, it wasn't the case.

This is a sped who was tard raging and having to be held down because of his autistic tantrums. Fuck, he still does that hedgehog shit as an adult!

I just can't see deciding he should be treated as if normal as a good decision, in Chris's case or in most cases. Mainstreaming has been a fucking disaster, fucking up kids with special needs as well as disrupting normie classes for everyone who isn't a flailing pants-shitting sped.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Legitimately, I don't understand why Barb didn't have Early Intervention services if she cared so much.
Did she care that much?
Before taking another mortgage against the house, Barb could have thought about Chris' future and bought a small condo, or even had Rocky set up a trust for Chris, used Medicare to get her in an assisted living apartment, and had Chris live with her. Bob tried to set up a career and future for Chris, although unlike Greene Co., the other school system just gave Bob asspats and said Chris was fine, rather than really evaluating and helping him. Barb has yelled at trolls for bothering her, but did she ever try to negotiate for Chris on his behalf?
She doesn't care about his future. He's a pet to her.
I think subsequent events have shown otherwise. It's not that I don't think a school district could be wrong in just automatically shuffling someone to special ed, but that shit is often more expensive than what normal students get. They don't really have that much of a motivation to want to spend more money. Maybe that's changed recently, but back when Chris was there, it wasn't the case.

This is a sped who was tard raging and having to be held down because of his autistic tantrums. Fuck, he still does that hedgehog shit as an adult!

I just can't see deciding he should be treated as if normal as a good decision, in Chris's case or in most cases. Mainstreaming has been a fucking disaster, fucking up kids with special needs as well as disrupting normie classes for everyone who isn't a flailing pants-shitting sped.
I think in Chris' case, from birth to 18 he was manageable.

When people bring up the issue of mainstreaming, it's usually to say "well if Chris went to a special school, he wouldn't be where he is right now". I don't agree with that.

I think Chris was more or less "fine" when he graduated high school, in so far as he could've still been molded into a glass sorter. It was after graduation that Chris sharply went downhill, and I think that was largely because Chris was permitted to go downhill.

Orkeosaurus

kiwifarms.net
Did she care that much?

When people bring up the issue of mainstreaming, it's usually to say "well if Chris went to a special school, he wouldn't be where he is right now". I don't agree with that.

I think Chris was more or less "fine" when he graduated high school, in so far as he could've still been molded into a glass sorter. It was after graduation that Chris sharply went downhill, and I think that was largely because Chris was permitted to go downhill.
Agreed. His homework wasn't awful for someone with his disabilities, he had a little cabal of girlfriends, even if he was nasally he spoke more clearly back then, he got a couple side jobs after graduation..seems like he burnt out after that. PVCC obviously was more the mistake for him.

I think they could have pushed him to get another job after Wendy's, he just wasn't suited for customer service. A lot of neurotypicals aren't either. But now yeah lol it's almost 2 decades too late.

Mason Verger

was she a great big healthy at any size person?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did she care that much?

Chris did seem to take to structuring well, can you imagine the Chris of today ever being a team waterboy? He even seemed to have non-troll male friends. I don't know it's really weird, the Chandlers in general seemed to have run off a cliff in the years after he graduated. Before that, they seemed to keep a tidy house, had guests over and still talked to family. It's really bizarre, what the fuck happened between 2000 and 2004? I've never seen that sharp a decline that didn't involve meth haha.

FightenGnome

Amateur Christorian
kiwifarms.net
I think there's a real possibility Bob isn't Chris's real father. Bob claimed to have Native American heritage and given his swarthy, asiatic facial features he was probably telling the truth. Chris' 23andme, on the other hand, showed him to be 99.9% Western European (despite erroneously claiming that it demonstrated black and Jewish admixture.) https://kiwifarms.net/threads/yt-fb-3-31-chris-claims-part-jewish-and-african-ancestry.41027/

Other then perhaps body frame, I can't see any characteristics Chris inherited from Bob. If I were Bob, I would have demanded a paternity test.

Mason Verger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Other then perhaps body frame, I can't see any characteristics Chris inherited from Bob. If I were Bob, I would have demanded a paternity test.
Young Bob looks nothing like Chris:
image.png

Maybe the chin?
But young Chris gets his looks from Barb for sure:
image.png
image.jpeg

I don't know, I'd hope Bob has smart enough to not raise a bastard.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Why is there a pickle to the left of Bob's head? Also why are there spices and garlic powder and shit on a shelf full of VHS videotapes? I think that's Old Bay Seasoning on the upper right. It's usually put on crabs and other seafood.

Mason Verger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is there a pickle to the left of Bob's head? Also why are there spices and garlic powder and shit on a shelf full of VHS videotapes? I think that's Old Bay Seasoning on the upper right. It's usually put on crabs and other seafood.
Haha the chandlers, where living room, kitchen and storage area all blend together. I'm curious about the tapes, likely Lawrence welk and John Wayne movies though.
Also Bob looks super cherokeean in that picture.

The Other Chandler

kiwifarms.net
Greene, for a variety of reasons, could no longer meet Chris' educational needs. I usually am a fan of partial mainstreaming for kids like Chris, depending on the school. (Children on the spectrum are more prone to bullying, but they're also prone to imitating the behaviors of those around them and normalizing them.) Bob would have made more as an engineer than Barb would have made, and I'm pretty sure she would have been able to get an entry level position like that wherever.

Legitimately, I don't understand why Barb didn't have Early Intervention services if she cared so much. He would have qualified for PT/OT/ST for free until he was three in Virginia through Infant Toddler Connection. That would have carried over to the same services at pre-K, likely with the same people, and those referrals are made through UVA, and he would have been referred to UVA by his pediatrician when he failed to hit mentioned milestones, because as far back as 1985, AMA standards mean his ped would have been documenting those assessments. This means either she didn't take him to the doctor or she flat ignored the referrals and assistance. (And yeah, in the 1980's, moms did the appointments, so I'm pointing the finger at Barb.)

And while it isn't fair, moms just know a lot of extraneous bullshit about their children.

Before taking another mortgage against the house, Barb could have thought about Chris' future and bought a small condo, or even had Rocky set up a trust for Chris, used Medicare to get her in an assisted living apartment, and had Chris live with her. Bob tried to set up a career and future for Chris, although unlike Greene Co., the other school system just gave Bob asspats and said Chris was fine, rather than really evaluating and helping him. Barb has yelled at trolls for bothering her, but did she ever try to negotiate for Chris on his behalf?
Lots of parents are resistant to getting their kids put into the system or even diagnosed, for a whole mess of reasons. Fear they'll be stigmatized, distrust of psychiatry, or often just denial that their kid needs it. Even when the school identifies a student and takes the initiative to get the paperwork going (which is really difficult and time consuming), lots of parents will refuse to sign off and often won't even show up to meetings. This is especially true with older people like Barb and especially Bob.

As for the very early-childhood stuff, lots of parents don't even know those programs exist.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net

Chris, on a purely baseline cognitive level, could've been functional enough to be mainstreamed, if he'd gotten early intervention and been taught/raised right, etc.. He would never have become some sort of savant or even what most would call a "successful" person (at best probably some IT bottomfeeder living in a crappy trailer), but lolcow status could've been avoided. You'd have to start him on that shit really early though, and since Borb didn't, a situation emerged where mainstreaming became less tenable as he got older due to accumulated bad behaviors.

The Other Chandler

kiwifarms.net
Chris, on a purely baseline cognitive level, could've been functional enough to be mainstreamed, if he'd gotten early intervention and been taught/raised right, etc.. He would never have become some sort of savant or even what most would call a "successful" person (at best probably some IT bottomfeeder living in a crappy trailer), but lolcow status could've been avoided. You'd have to start him on that shit really early though, and since Borb didn't, a situation emerged where mainstreaming became less tenable as he got older due to accumulated bad behaviors.
I don't even think getting in a special ed program early would have been that important. Chris has autism, sure, but his terrible upbringing is responsible for the bulk of his exceptionalism. No amount of in-school support could have cancelled out Barb.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is there a pickle to the left of Bob's head?
It's the character "Larry the Cucumber" from the Christian kids series "Veggie Tales". I'm guessing it's a keychain or something.

Young Bob looks nothing like Chris:

Maybe the chin?
But young Chris gets his looks from Barb for sure:
It might not be simple to 1:1 compare Chris to his parents. Because "the brain and face both develop from the same embryonic structures", autism bears distinct facial characteristics, masking the more recognizable marks of Chris' parents. Looking through these study photos, the "Chris Chan nose" is recognizable, as well as the "broader or wider mouth and philtrum - the groove below the nose, above the top lip."

But then, who knows. It's not easy to judge someone based on their face :/

FatFuckFrank

It's great, it's crack, it gets you really high.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a Key Chain of Larry The Cucumber from Veggietales. I used to have one of those as a kid.
If you don't know Veggietales, here.

DeathHeat

kiwifarms.net
Greene, for a variety of reasons, could no longer meet Chris' educational needs. I usually am a fan of partial mainstreaming for kids like Chris, depending on the school. (Children on the spectrum are more prone to bullying, but they're also prone to imitating the behaviors of those around them and normalizing them.) Bob would have made more as an engineer than Barb would have made, and I'm pretty sure she would have been able to get an entry level position like that wherever.

Legitimately, I don't understand why Barb didn't have Early Intervention services if she cared so much. He would have qualified for PT/OT/ST for free until he was three in Virginia through Infant Toddler Connection. That would have carried over to the same services at pre-K, likely with the same people, and those referrals are made through UVA, and he would have been referred to UVA by his pediatrician when he failed to hit mentioned milestones, because as far back as 1985, AMA standards mean his ped would have been documenting those assessments. This means either she didn't take him to the doctor or she flat ignored the referrals and assistance. (And yeah, in the 1980's, moms did the appointments, so I'm pointing the finger at Barb.)

And while it isn't fair, moms just know a lot of extraneous bullshit about their children.

What you're saying is admirable, but you have to look at it from a different perspective.

Barb is a greedy, self-serving witch who abused Cole physically and Chris mentally.

She does not care about her children beyond meeting very basic needs because of her narcissistic ways.

Going the extra mile to keep Cole safe or makes sure Chris got the early help he needed requires caring, compassion, something this broad knows nothing about.

Expecting anything more than her not letting her children starve to death is going to far and there's plenty of evidence to back thism

I kind of wonder if Cole didn't like Bob, because he was a man old enough to be a grandfather, but also here is this old man coming into the picture and Barb dating terrible abusive men in the past. I'm just tempted to take one of these tours asked questions like a reporter would about his mother, Chris, and Bob.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino