The Collectors Market -

Duncan Hills Coffee

Whaddya mean booze ain't food?!
kiwifarms.net
If I had to guess, it might be because of a bug in the PSN emulated version that caused a loud buzzing sound whenever you fired the gun that would play until the next load screen. I don't know if that was ever fixed.
I've only ever played the PSN version, and I haven't noticed this but it's probably because I've never played the original release so I wouldn't know what's it like otherwise. I'll have to see if it still has that next time I play.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
I feel like a lot of people need the money so they are driving the prices up to get a quick payday but this could backfire if demand isnt nearly as high as it seems
Yeah it has, everything is getting scalped. I don't even bother going to Goodwill stores anymore because there are no deals to be had. PS3 and Vita prices for stuff are still crazy despite them renegging on closing the store.
PS3 and vita? wtf? its because of the scene? consoles from two gens ago tend to be the cheapest
There's a lot of GenXers in the retro computer scene, which is telling because it was really the previous generation that worked with these machines the most. I think once they die off the retro computer scene will be effectively dead.
With retrocomputing you mean the micros like commodores and spectrums? because with "very active" I meant the early PC collectors, like IBM PC, 286, etc, all the way to the first pentiums

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
I've only ever played the PSN version, and I haven't noticed this but it's probably because I've never played the original release so I wouldn't know what's it like otherwise. I'll have to see if it still has that next time I play.
Then it was either fixed, or was only in the PAL version because there's no way you could've missed it.

Headphone warning.

Agent Abe Caprine

Goat rights are human rights
kiwifarms.net
Then it was either fixed, or was only in the PAL version because there's no way you could've missed it.

Headphone warning.
Don't think this ever happened to me when I played the PSN version on PS3. I've never played the original PS1 version, so maybe I assumed the sound was normal. Probably caused by the PS1 emulator on PS3. Daggerfall has an ear rape sound glitch if played through DOSbox. It makes exploring dungeons terrifying. Turn the volume down, ear havers.
It's called Daggerfall because it jabs daggers down your ears.

KaibaCorp ToeSucker

Seto Kaiba plz step on me I beg of you
kiwifarms.net
Some games have gotten really fucking pricey lately and it's pissing me off.

I've been eyeing the original Resident Evil 3 for quite some time, and now for whatever reason it's costing upwards of $70 to $100 for a copy on eBay. Now I don't know how well it sold, but it was released when Resident Evil was at its prime popularity so it can't be that rare. RE1 and 2 are still in the $20-40 range, so what the hell's up with 3?

That's not even the worst though. A physical copy of Silent Hill 1 is going for anywhere from $100-200. Fucking why? The game can't have possibly sold badly enough to warrant those prices. It sold enough to get a Greatest Hits release so again, the game's not exactly rare. I'm glad I got physical releases of 2 and 3 when I did because those are skyrocketing too.

I'm certain a lot of this is due to pandemic shenanigans, but it's getting insane.
I USED to own Resident Evil 3 on the PS1. It was in my dad's old marine create he gave to me as a kid. Course, I was an idiot and when I moved all the PS1 games I owned into a pink storage tub and we cleaned it out a few years back, I think it got thrown out or some shit. Pisses me off cause I'm a huge RE fan and when I realized what happened I was like "fuck". Granted I wasn't born yet when the PS1 came out, I prided myself on collecting pretty much all the RE games via asking for them as a middle schooler and using my report card money to go to pawn shops to buy the game consoles they came out on I got them all pretty cheap too, even that Resident Evil gun survivor 2 that was Japan only. I'm only missing maybe 4-5 games from the series now? But now I gotta wait for RE 3 to die down in hype which sucks. I do own the dream cast one still in pretty good condition.

I know I have a few gems myself by pure pawn shop luck, but the WTF price hike I can think of would be FE: Awakening. I'll admit I came from the 3ds era for FE, but I went back to play Radiant Dawn and Sacred Stones before my computer needed to get reimaged. My purchasing of FE: Awakening was autistic because I was a middle schooler who saw the male confessions and went to buy the game immediately. At the time it was like $18 pre owned and mine had the original case. Told my best friend to buy it and she got her copy for $15. Fates gets announced and then SUDDENLY Awakening just jumps from $15-$18 at GameStop back to full price of $60+ on ebay and shit. Even NOW best case scenario your paying at least $40 for JUST the cart unless you end up in a bidding war on ebay now. It's still $59.99 + tax on the official E-store I think.
It reminds me of how Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle used to be $20 before DiU took off and shot the price for the game into oblivion. Like, you can't even get the English version of the game anymore on ebay surprisingly enough.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of which, it's kinda interesting how there really aren't many valuable PS2 games, despite the overwhelming popularity of the console. https://www.pricecharting.com/console/playstation-2 Though I'm surprised Def Jam: Fight for NY of all things goes for around $100. Can anyone fill me in on what's special about that game?
It's a popular fighting game with a TON of licensing issues that has basically kept it from getting re-issued in any shape or form due.

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net
Agree, anything past the PS2 or any console with gimmick controls is a bit hit and miss emulation wise. There are still options for some of them. Playing games off a HDD on a fat PS2 and softmodding a Wii to play gamecube and Wii ISOs off a HDD is trivial (and I have both). For me its about having a convenient way to play these games and have fun rather than bragging on the internet that I have a shelf of X number of games gathering dust or reeing on twitter over someone making a new label for their Atari game.

I think this is exactly the kind of gate keeping faggotry that everyone hates about these retro gamer douches. An unwarranted smug sense of superiority because of childrens videogames. Like Reggie said - if its not fun why bother? And if you have fun using save states or other modern quality of life improvements power to you.
Honestly wish the ps2 thicc model wasn't so damn rare in my country doesn't help matters that slim has issues with loading games off a usb from what I've read that and the slim overheating issue