The Death Penalty - To what degree is it right or wrong?

The death penalty should be used.

• Total voters

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
Mildly agree because while I agree in principle there is always the potential someone's being framed by the cops or given incompetent representation or is a victim of circumstance, and if they're dead there's no ability to make reparations to them if it is determined they were falsely convicted (why is death row so expensive anyway? Are people imprisoned for life not allowed to put in just as many appeals? I don't really get it).

That said I cannot deny there are some people out there who for the good of everyone else need to be put down like rabid dogs, it is what it is. People who do time for murder, violent rape or pedophilia, and are open about their intention to reoffend, or get out and immediately reoffend, should be killed as soon as possible.

It should be allowed, though there needs to be real circumstances for it's use, and done in the quickest and most humane way possible with inert gasses.

Traditionally it's not been shown to work as a deterrent, and I honestly don't think that it is either, if you are intent on murdering someone, you are intent on murdering them.

That's why I'd be against it being public in any way, as the public element of it was always to act as amusement and also deterrent, neither of which I feel are justified when it's a case of someone dying, they should be allowed the dignity of not being made an exhibition.

At the same time, it should be used, but only on those who have shown no chances of being integrated into a larger prison population, and able to serve out a life sentence. If someone has committed a crime, but does not possess the other hallmarks of consistent criminality, then I think it's better that they be made to do labor along with the rest of the prison population, and allowed to actually build some semblance of a life for themselves inside. (See Angola prison in the US as an example of a well disciplined and integrated prison population, that has to farm and do other labor tasks as part of their sentence.)

As much as I dislike them, non-violent Pedophiles should be a life sentence separate facility, and also made to work. Whatever society can get out of them in work is to mitigate the costs of incarceration and make sure they live in a reality where children don't exist.

So who is the death sentence for?

Basically anyone who qualifies for being stuck in a supermax, those who are repeatedly violent inside of prison to fellow inmates or guards. Extremely violent first time offenders. Violent pedos. Repeat violent offenders. Mass murderers, and serial killers.

Last edited:
  • Autistic
Reactions: Slap47

Jace E. Denton

Apprentice Asshole
kiwifarms.net
I actually hate it because it's an easy and peaceful way out for people who did monstrous things. You raped and mutilated a 9 year old girl and it took her 3 hours to finally die, yet you get to lay down on soft padded table and get the equivalent of a flu shot's worth of pain...40 years later.

In the US, slavery is still legal as a punishment for crimes. We need to start taking advantage of that. The crimes that were formerly punished by death are now punished by lifetime, hardcore slavery, where it is completely legal and even encouraged for supervisors to torture and beat these slaves. Break their bones, pull their teeth out, force them to work until suffocation in a mine somewhere, who gives a fuck? That's the social justice I want in my life. For the rest of that criminal's life, he should question whether he is alive at all and whether or not he's actually been in Hell the entire time.

Once you've murdered or raped or whatever other vicious bodily-harm type of crime you committed, there is no chance for you, there is no rehabilitation, everyone on the fucking planet can take a look at you and know there is a 0% chance you will ever contribute anything or repent or fix your life. Go to the fucking salt mines for the next 50 years.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
I strongly agree with the death penalty, especially regarding sex-based crimes. Diddle kids? Congrats. Enjoy the short time you got left. Appeals processes should be made timely and in a speedy fashion. Someone shouldn't be setting on death row for 30 years.

I know a lot of people like inert gasses for executions, but I'm a strong believer in suspension hanging designed to occlude the carotid/jugular for the death penalty. No more painful than inert gases, but has the dual purpose of allowing the condemned to see the instrument of their death and you can reuse the rope. If you're condemned to death, fuck you, our helium is too good for you.

Niggas here keep saying "You can never know 100% that they did it." Bullshit! That goes for a lot of the cases where somebody murders somebody with some forethought, and you convict based on the evidence, but there are also killings where the person admits it/brags, where they had a million witnesses, where they were caught on camera, etc.

Just think of these mass shooters they haul in. Then there's other crimes where it's deserved, but not usually given. Basically, if you absolutely know that they did it, and you would give them a life sentence, you should give them the death penalty.

For cases like that, they need the death penalty, and none of that pussy lethal injection shit. Just hang them. It looks cooler, it gives the public some free entertainment, and if you set the noose right, it kills them instantly. If I were going to be executed, I'd want to be hung with dignity, not put to sleep like a dog.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Child molesters, absolutely kill them. None of that pussy lethal injection shit either. Make 'em suffer as long as possible.

Serial killers/particularly heinous murders? Kill 'em. But don't waste taxpayer money keeping them fed and clothed for decades. Take a gun and go Old Yeller. Save the state millions when a bullet costs .50 cents

UntimelyDhelmise

Rusty Recluse
kiwifarms.net
One thing that really boggles my mind are the insane asylum-level prisons. These are creatures with utterly twisted and gnarled minds to the point where an animal behaves more civilly. They have no chance of redemption, they're a hazard to society, and they're taking up space and resources that could go to far better use elsewhere. Just axe them off and be done with it.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
An Eye for and Eye....
A Tooth for a Tooth....
A Burn for a Burn....
A Life for a Life.....
This is how it all got started....

And this is how it is going to end....

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
If you're going to imprison someone for life, just get it over with and kill them. You're not trying to "rehabilitate" them and they're not going to ever rejoin society so what's the point of keeping them alive? That's hundreds of tax dollars being spent on something with little to no societal value. Cheap slave labor is already plentiful in all the third world countries we first-worlders outsource our production to.

Some innocents may die but I honestly think that's better than spending the rest of your fucking life in the hellhole that is prison.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN AWOOWEEN
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to echo previous posters in saying it's a better (and cheaper ) alternative to giving someone like, 4 life sentences and having them die of old age in prison, but if it's not a super clear cut thing then it's best to be careful.

In the rare cases of people exonerated, you can let a man found innocent out of prison, but you can't bring him back to life.

• Agree
Reactions: Sprig of Parsley

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
I think it's not used enough. There's certain people that you can't really deal with any other way, unless you're willing to incarcerate them forever. I was talking to a forensic psychologist once whom had evaluated a serial rapist. The guy not only told her that if he got out, he would happily rape again, he outright threatened her too. What can you really do with someone like that? You have to assume that if you don't keep him in prison for life, he'll stay true to his word, and if you do keep him in for life, that means you're wasting resources on him, which could be used to help those whom actually want to reform.

That being one example, but what about the core philosophy of incarceration in general? You're sending someone to prison, with the hopes that it will deter future criminal behavior by both them, and anyone else (specific, and general deterrence), but then you tolerate further criminal behaviors, even during the punishment process. For instance, half of US prisons are more, or less controlled by various gangs. They set their own rules, which the rest of the prison population is required to follow, else they will suffer punishments by the gangs for failing to follow their laws. This ultimately conditions the person whom "just fucked up" into becoming a career criminal, because the authority doing the conditioning that actually has teeth, is the criminal population itself.

To me it would make more sense to take those whom did "just fuck up," and send them to a system built around reformation, then take those whom think they have the authority to establish their own criminal subculture (e.g gangs), and break them in a gulag like setting. Those whom you know will never change, should either be sent to a mental institution if this is applicable, or executed.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe the death penalty should be available, for certain crimes.

I would add a new category of crimes subject to capital punishment - economic terrorists. Remember Enron, where top management ran the company into the ground? And where employees were encouraged to invest in Enron stock for their retirement accounts, only to lose every penny? How many families suffered due to top management's actions? How many people's retirement was reduced or lost? Some of those fucks in Enron top management should have ridden the lightning. Bet you'd see a lot less of such shit if economic terrorists were executed.

Also believe the present appeals process goes on way too long. All appeals should be complete within two years, max.

If the death penalty were applied on a more timely basis the deterrent value would be enhanced. As it is, the death penalty merely ensures the person executed will commit no more crimes.

Not only should executions be televised and streamed, they should be done on a pay-per-view basis, with at least 50% of the profits going to the victim(s) of the person being executed.

I believe the death penalty should be available, for certain crimes.

I would add a new category of crimes subject to capital punishment - economic terrorists. Remember Enron, where top management ran the company into the ground? And where employees were encouraged to invest in Enron stock for their retirement accounts, only to lose every penny? How many families suffered due to top management's actions? How many people's retirement was reduced or lost? Some of those fucks in Enron top management should have ridden the lightning. Bet you'd see a lot less of such shit if economic terrorists were executed.

Also believe the present appeals process goes on way too long. All appeals should be complete within two years, max.

If the death penalty were applied on a more timely basis the deterrent value would be enhanced. As it is, the death penalty merely ensures the person executed will commit no more crimes.

Not only should executions be televised and streamed, they should be done on a pay-per-view basis, with at least 50% of the profits going to the victim(s) of the person being executed.
In Britain, there used to be a concept of "capital theft" were execution was the default punishment for theft beyond a certain amount. That would be similar to your idea.

Reactions: JosephStalin

ToroidalBoat

spoopy slime kiwi tuber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never understood the argument why it's more expensive to execute someone than leave them to rot in prison for a lifetime.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Slap47

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the unrepentant who gleefully admit their crimes and would do so again without doubt, they deserve death. They have no respect for the rights and lives of others, why should we respect theirs? I'd include anyone who has committed brutal crimes against women, children, or animals in this category especially.

For the one time offenders who still did something brutal enough to earn a sentence of death, fair enough. Maybe change it life without parole in the cases of those who proved model prisoners, provided their crimes were not extremely heinous in their magnitude (a first degree murderer who clearly regrets having done so and is a model prisoner on death row could possibly earn a commutation to life at some point), but otherwise, they made their choice, they should be willing to die by it.

For those guilty of crimes of passion (second degree murder) and other brutal crimes they deserve death but still have mitigating circumstances, they should have slightly higher chance of commutation to life without parole, but otherwise, they should be willing to die for their choices.

Otherwise, death is not a punishment I advocate for any other offenses and only should be administered as quickly, mercifully, and lawfully as possible, though I do support giving those condemned to die a choice of whatever method they choose provided it can be lawfully done (like a firing squad if they so choose as opposed to lethal injection).

I'd also like to see the appeals process streamlined, if only to save expenses.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino