The Decline of the Weeb-Wars Board - A cautionary tale of why you shouldn't get too invested in cows

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don’t think that thread catalogs activities in regards to how it’s user base behaves.
Why would the thread turn into a case of "Who's watching the watchers?"
I'll admit that getting involved and reporting the cows on Twitter is exceptional.
But it's minuscule in the larger scheme of Weeb Wars.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
Why would the thread turn into a case of "Who's watching the watchers?"
I'll admit that getting involved and reporting the cows on Twitter is exceptional.
But it's minuscule in the larger scheme of Weeb Wars.
That’s what people were asking me for which is why using that thread would’ve been useless. People weren’t asking me for the events of the whole thing but rather the reactions and Spergouts of users involved in it not the cows.

ThatDumbPhilosopher

Dumbass-in-Chief
kiwifarms.net
After the appeals are over, the thread will be under medical assistance for 2 weeks then will slowly die, until then you can get some entertainment from it.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Nekromantik2

I put the romance back in necromancy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: Yotsubaaa

ThinkThankThunk

No longer huffing gamer girl farts due to COVID-19
kiwifarms.net
At this point the Weeb Wars subforum is identical to what Kotaku in Action and company were a few months after Gamergate cooled off. They were basically just Sargon/general e-celeb support groups, where people would go to discuss the newest epic SJW takedowns. The same thing has happened here but with Nick Rekieta at the helm. There's zero interest among the Weeb Wars readers to make new threads - everything is vomited into the 4000 page long General thread or the 1500 page long Livestream thread. The handful of things outside of those two threads are almost exclusively content and people related to Nick's show. There's very little of interest for a reader who isn't personally invested in the culture war shit or Nick's drama, and none of it is particularly funny either. The TL;DR thread is well organized sure, but I could read a wiki article and get the same gist; I'm here to use a forum not read an encyclopedia.

If there weren't so many users still actively posting I'd say it was time to retire it, but I really, really want it to stay around long enough for the appeal to either pass or fail so I can watch the salt mine explode one way or another.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Seems like the battle is pretty over with.

What's sad is there's basically no winners, Vic's voice acting career is probably over but he'll still continue to make con appearances so the KickVic crowd haven't succeeded in making him fall off the face of the Earth either.

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems like the battle is pretty over with.

What's sad is there's basically no winners, Vic's voice acting career is probably over but he'll still continue to make con appearances so the KickVic crowd haven't succeed in making him fall off the face of the Earth either.
I agree and disagree.
I agree with your statements, but in regards to the PR battle. It is pretty much a World War I battle at this point (slow-moving, trench warfare).
My disagreements stem from the lawsuit. The court case is now in the Court of Appeals (had the results gone the other way, you can bet the Defendants would have appealed anyways). Despite it being expedited, the court system is slow. Until the Court of Appeals makes their decision, it's not over yet.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I agree and disagree.
I agree with your statements, but in regards to the PR battle. It is pretty much a World War I battle at this point (slow-moving, trench warfare).
My disagreements stem from the lawsuit. The court case is now in the Court of Appeals (had the results gone the other way, you can bet the Defendants would have appealed anyways). Despite it being expedited, the court system is slow. Until the Court of Appeals makes their decision, it's not over yet.
I'd be surprised if the Court of Appeals makes a decision that really changes anything, but we'll see.

I still predict it's going to end like Gamergate and all these other dramas which is to say there is no ending, there is no resolution of any sort, neither side walks away happy, the only result is a fandom becomes less fun since there's now a division within it and unresolved tension.

It's the same deal with gaming culture now, all Gamergate really did was make being a gamer less fun than it used to be, now it's happened to anime fandom in the US and that's really fucking sad, but it's happened to every single nerdy interest and hobby, it was literally only a matter of time until it happened for anime.

The one benefit is because anime isn't made within the US the impact on the medium itself will probably be minimal, unlike video games, but the fandom itself will never be the same, a certain innocence was forever lost, the vibe of the fandom will forever have that shadow of that tension hanging over it, again, just like video games.

Tags
None