The Deenz Pill - Has nothing to do with Paula Deen

Documenter

Never thirsty, ever drinking.
kiwifarms.net
I love sardines, usually just chuck them on bread. Or on a cracker, there's loads of stuff you can do with them though.
Actually pretty funny to see what you can do with a simple cheap can of fish, if you can stand watching an energetic french dude.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love sardines, usually just chuck them on bread. Or on a cracker, there's loads of stuff you can do with them though.
Actually pretty funny to see what you can do with a simple cheap can of fish, if you can stand watching an energetic french dude.
Wtf I love energetic French dudes now. He needs a chopping board though.

Reactions: Documenter

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last time I ordered a pizza, I noticed that they had "anchovies" listed as a side order for $1.00. I'd never had anchovies before, and I'm a fairly adventurous eater, so I decided to order that with the pizza.

For that dollar, I got a tin that had a shit ton of anchovies half fillets (like 20) in it. I took a bite out of one and it was really bad- Like 50% salt, and 50% funk. I threw the rest away, and have no desire to eat any more anchovies.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
One of the best fish dishes I've had was very large sardines slow cooked in a Moroccan clay vessel called a tagine, in some kind of tomato sauce. The tagine is an interesting piece of cookware, and absorbs and retains heat really well, so the dish is still slowly bubbling and cooking as it sits in the middle of the dinner table. These were whole sardines, gutted but with everything else intact. The dude who cooked them liked to suck the eyes out. I probably should have tried that but I was a pussy.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
That is fucking adorable.
Amazingly, I found it on the tumblr of some 17-yr old Toronto kid fishing for KF hate in the Kiwi Farms Reviews thread. Other than his ghastly Neo Cities home page and Invader Zim art style he wasn't worth doxing, but I remembered this thread and thought it was a neat find.

• Agree
Reactions: Lizard Pope

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
After stewing on the thread for some time, I just took the deenz pill moments ago as a late night experimental snack. I grip'd-n-rip'd a tin of King Oscar, skinless/boneless in extra virgin olive oil and ate them with some Kellogg's Club original crackers.

They were more difficult to extricate from the tin than I expected, even with a fingernail they flaked apart and I couldn't pull a whole deen if I tried. Resorted to a common fork to scoop them out, took two at a time at one point due to not really knowing their shape or size(I understand they're 2x4 now). Ultimately I was underwhelmed by their tuna-like blandness, but I feel their potential, and more importantly I finished the whole tin despite the oily mess because my body instinctively felt "damn, this is nutritious." Probably the closest I've felt to that before it eating liver & onions on a whim once and actually liking it. I chased it with a half-bottle of lemonade I had sitting in the fridge and the lemony flavor coupled with the sugar to offset the salty blandness of the deenz was a nice pair.

I have a second tin of Mediterranean-style to try next time, and will be a bit braver in buying/seasoning going forward. it was quite satisfying for its size and 2 bucks a tin is fair I think for what I'm getting. The tin was also much oilier than I expected, gave it a good rinse and it still wasn't totally clean despite the solid matter all gone. Hopefully it doesn't stink with my other recyclables but overall it was a positive experience and look forward to the next Deenz.™ Continued consumption might lead me to a dedicated tool for eating, I assume there's special little deenz forks out there that are smaller than usual and better suited for deenplucking? Share some if true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grundlejungle

AnOminous

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I like putting them on thin sliced baguette bread, maybe toasted, maybe not, with cream cheese or something like it and capers, or something flavorful. Or pungent cheese like limburger, maybe with onions. If you're not planning on company.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This make me miss all the old men in my family. They ate sardines (and beef/chicken livers) like it was their job. They were fine with the younger ones not liking them, because it just meant more for them to eat.

• Feels
Reactions: Documenter

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
This make me miss all the old men in my family. They ate sardines (and beef/chicken livers) like it was their job. They were fine with the younger ones not liking them, because it just meant more for them to eat.
My grandfather was like that. I'm the only one in the family now who will eat them. They do need help. I can't eat them, no matter how high the quality, on their own. I like mine packed in olive oil, a little red onion, capers or olives and lemon juice on whatever crusty bread or cracker is available. Much fancier than my granddad would do.

AnOminous

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
My grandfather was like that. I'm the only one in the family now who will eat them. They do need help. I can't eat them, no matter how high the quality, on their own. I like mine packed in olive oil, a little red onion, capers or olives and lemon juice on whatever crusty bread or cracker is available. Much fancier than my granddad would do.
I like them on baguette, sliced thin and grilled in olive oil. Then pretty much anything else, like onion or cheese or whatever.

Reactions: Whatthefuck

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember a jug of red wine, buttered bread and sardines. My farm raised grandad on the other side of the family loved liver and onions and always got a big bucket of chicken livers at KFC. (Do they still sell those?)

I just had 275 lbs of fresh slaughtered beef delivered last week. (Half a cow) I didn’t want any of the organ meat. I could feel the disappointment of my ancestors.

Tags
None