The Entire Pacific Northwest is On Fire - Burn Baby Burn

Kiwi FBI Liason

2020 lol
kiwifarms.net
The problem with "blame it on climate change" or "hurrdurr can't be climate" is that the most science says is that climate change alters the probability distribution of extreme events, not that it directly causes them (except maybe the fuckery with giant fires and exploding permafrost in Siberia). You can't just draw a direct link between average global temperatures and localized climate phenomenon. Things like this firestorm will happen more often now and in the future because of climate change, but you can't link any individual fire with an individual emission source or something stupid like that.

Also people keep claiming that Antifa is lighting the fires and "the authorities" are loudly denying it but those same authorities repeatedly let Antifa rioters out without charges, one of which later murdered a Trump supporter.

Chromatron

kiwifarms.net
This is the Oregon coast, a small area called Otis near Lincoln City. The people who live here are families and retirees. Property in Lincoln City is expensive so many people who worked there live out in Otis and these structures are 99% houses.

Plastic Inevitable

Varg burned churches, not forests.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My God.

IN THE YEAR 2525

Doomer time.
Bruh, they made their own promo video for this song in 1969.

Edit:
This is the Oregon coast, a small area called Otis near Lincoln City. The people who live here are families and retirees. Property in Lincoln City is expensive so many people who worked there live out in Otis and these structures are 99% houses.
Dude no one screeching about being glad about the West Coast burning down cares about the reality of the wildfires. Most of the people who lost their houses in the Camp Fire voted Republican and were working class. Most of the people who died were elderly. They don't give a shit about that, it's easier to cackle about the faggots burning to the ground (when they're barely affected by wildfires at all).

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Well for one the massive locust swarms that we had, COVID, insane climate and massive wildfires have decimated food supplies and to a lesser extent other goods. We're mostly running on buffers right now and once the food supplies go that's when shit gets real.

What you're neglecting to take into account is the transitional period, we might be reverting to something more normal historically speaking but no one in this society was raised to deal with that, they were raised for the world of the boomers and the switch will be devastating for all but the most adaptable.
You really think things are going to get that bad?

My God.

IN THE YEAR 2525

Doomer time.
In the year twenty fiiiiiiiive twenty fiiiiiiiive, if man is still aliiiiiiiive, if woman can surviiiiiiiive, they may fiiiiiiiind...

SageInAllFields

Slip out the back before they know you were there
kiwifarms.net
You really think things are going to get that bad?
I've been acutely aware that western civilisation has been about to collapse for a while now, it has all the hall marks of a collapsing society, in 2016 I predicted we'd have until 2050 but it seems things have accelerated faster than I could have possibly imagined. I no longer expect modern civilisation to survive beyond 2030, when the blue ocean event happens that will be the definitive death knell.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
No guys, we're just in the new baktun. 2012 was the end of 12.0.0.0.0. Last one was 1618-2012, and now we're here until 2407. Strap in.
Why does this new baktun suck so much?

I've been acutely aware that western civilisation has been about to collapse for a while now, it has all the hall marks of a collapsing society, in 2016 I predicted we'd have until 2050 but it seems things have accelerated faster than I could have possibly imagined. I no longer expect modern civilisation to survive beyond 2030, when the blue ocean event happens and the clathrate gun goes off that will be the definitive death knell.
That sounds extreme, but given how fast and how far things have declined since just 2016 it doesn't sound unbelievable.

DeadFish

Who's awesome? You are!
kiwifarms.net
I do think the 2020s are going to be a make or break period for the entire human race, either things are going to get significantly better or there really is going to be a collapse.
Its either a collapse and back to pre industrial living or a transformation into a more authoritarian society. The latter scares me. Especially when genetic engineering and cybernetic augmentation are going be added to the mix.

At least history does have records of when societies have a technological collapse. Easier to navigate such bad times if there are stories of how it played out before.

With the transhuman shit? Thats new territory. How will that play out? Especially with the current people in power?

Im not against transhuman tech. I am just wary of who might wield said tech. I dont think humanity has the maturity to wield such power in a wise, ethical and responsible manner yet.

Plus recent history shows a certain pattern every time new tech develops. There is a "figuring out" period which includes crises. Take asbestos for example. Now take that same pattern and guess what going happen with tech desgined to control how life expresses itself?

I dont think it would lead to any thing good.

Last edited:

Just Here for A and H

Raped by whoever winds up replacing Ruth Ginsburg.
kiwifarms.net
For anyone that doesn't know, a dingo is a ride-on skidsteer.
View attachment 1593595

Are you trying to blame a weather phenomenon, that's been known for so long it's name is a borrow word from spanish, on climate change?
Even better, the dead livestock being referenced are dying by bullet wounds (cursory search on any news aggregate for cattle killings gives plenty of examples since the riots started). Derechos are something else, man.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Its either a collapse and back to pre industrial living or a transformation into a more authoritarian society. The latter scares me. Especially when genetic engineering and cybernetic augmentation are going be added to the mix.

At least history does have records of when societies have a technological collapse. Easier to navigate such bad times if there are stories of how it played out before.

With the transhuman shit? Thats new territory. How will that play out? Especially with the current people in power?

Im not against transhuman tech. I am just wary of who might wield said tech. I dont think humanity has the maturity to wield such power in a wise, ethical and responsible manner yet.

Plus recent history shows a certain pattern every time new tech develops. There is a "figuring out" period which includes crises. Take asbestos for example. Now take that same pattern and guess what going happen with tech desgined to control how life expresses itself?

I dont think it would lead to any thing good.
Look at how much we’ve fucked up things just with Twitter and imagine what people would do with transhuman tech.

Because it's not ours. Think about it. It's like how the childhood of people born in the late 80s-early 90s ended (literally) around the same time as 9/11. That's why there's that "we're in a new timeline" feeling.
But why are there “Baktuns” and how did the Aztecs know about this?

The coincidence with 2012 and how much things have indeed changed since then is indeed pretty spooky and makes you wonder.

Tags
None