• “We're living NOW! NOW, MAN!!“
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

The Escapists other resident exceptional individual Noah Berlatsky cancels DunePaul Atriedes is too white for him.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Keep Yourself Safe, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I didn't know the escapist was still around. I used to love that place, let me go have a look... Well... this place fucking sucks. Seriously, what the hell happened? The website looks awful. It would have been better if it had died.

Anyway, this is a Buzzfeed-tier article and just goes to show that the people who write for these publications can't understand anything more complicated than Harry Potter of the Hunger Games. I've read the book and enjoyed it. I watched the movie and enjoyed it too. I didn't even look too deeply into either version and I can poke all kinds of holes in this moron's argument. Maybe I should stop expecting people who look no deeper than skin colour to look any deeper than surface level into the media they're supposed to be "examining".

• Feels Feels x 4
    Furina

Furina Centerfold

kiwifarms.net
  2. Never mind that shit...will there be pug representation in this adaptation?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
  3. As long as its not Jodorowsky's version, I can deal with it. He assembled a total powerhouse team to make it happen, then utterly mutilated the story and concept beyond any kind of sensible recognition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    DangerousGas

DangerousGas Chaotic Bald
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. DESIGNATED

SHITTING

PALACE

• Winner Winner x 3
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Corpsefucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I watched the documentary on Jodorowsky's Dune and I think what he trying to do was recreate the emotional and spiritual experience of reading Dune, rather than adapt the story. He wasn't interested in the narrative, but rather the journey that Paul takes. It would have been more like an art house piece than the traditional film that Lynch ended up making.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Furina

Furina Centerfold

kiwifarms.net
  6. Yeah, I have only very recently been reading up on his plans but I can kinda sorta see what he was planning from an art house pretentious perspective.

It reminds me a lot of Jon Boorman's fairly infamous Lord of the Rings plans which had a similar level of story/narrative buttfucking in favour of "artistic" imagery and schtick including Frodo straight up fucking Galadriel after Boromir attempts to impress her with flexing and Legolas fails to seduce her using the Funky Chicken dance, Denethor later forcing Pippin to be the gondor court jester after the hobbit tells him Boromir failed to fuck galadriel, sam's big titted hobbit girlfriend, Aragorn literally fucking Eowyn back to life after she dies killing the Witch King, and Saruman setting up a gambling ring with men and orcs after Sauron is defeated.

Oh yeah, and the four hobbits would have been played by the Beatles.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Corpsefucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Is the writer suggesting that this is a pro? The whole point of the series is that heroes shouldn't be rulers.

The reason he became a ruler of the Fremen is because he adapted and assimilated into their culture.

I shouldn't expect any level of thought from this hack, though. Despite the fact that he should be jubilant that Paul was intended to be a girl, and his not being a girl created so much disaster.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Jane Lane

Jane Lane Squirming Bernie is displeased.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Yeah, the Mighty Whitey trope is inappropriate for several reasons.
    1. C3PO is oppressed within the Star Wars universe. He’s not the equivalent of a white man.
    2. He doesn’t demonstrate superiority over the Ewoks. They worship him due to a misunderstanding and some trickery, after which he descends to an equal position.
    3. The Ewoks do not accept C3PO as their leader. They team up with the rebels purely because the Empire is evil and they take charge of the battle.
    Good. I want to see what Villeneuve does with it. The guy can create sci-fi that’s both thoughtful and visually impressive, and if he generates controversy, then so much the better.
    It would have been total shit as an adaptation of Dune, but I still would have liked to see it purely for the insanity.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Tragi-Chan

Tragi-Chan Godmaster Reverend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. This is obvious seo spam for the YA trash he's pimping in the last four paragraphs. Noah Berlatsky is a cunt because he doesn't hate Dune enough. Love it, hate it, be bored, but for fuck's sake feel something about the subject of your article.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Berlatsky seriously needs his own thread.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. He writes *a lot* about the scourge that is white people:

Google results / Bing results

Jewish guy who spends an inordinate amount of time bashing white people? Who would have though that that was a common thing to encounter, so common that it has become a stereotype with countless examples.

upload_2019-2-11_16-22-32.png

upload_2019-2-11_16-23-31.png

Hates TERFS, also, because they are white supremacists?
    upload_2019-2-11_16-33-4.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  12. I can see being such a shit-tier culture warrior that you can justify yourself calling Paul Atreides for being a "mighty whitey" if you've only read Dune. It's a dumb hot take but at least it's understandable. Too bad that it was subverted by how fucking bad he was at it in spite of all his gifts by the second book. But he's not even the most powerful person in the fucking canon. His half-"brown person" son is everything Paul was only better at it even before he put on his sandtrout pajamas and became the God Emperor in the third book. Hell, even Duncan Idaho and Norma Cenva are more powerful if you subscribe to the Brian Herbert universe.

Why do these people insist on spreading dumb opinions on subjects they actually know nothing about?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. All I want to know is when Yahtzee's gonna throw in the towel and make his own MCN or something. The Escapist is lolcows all the way down outside of him and I'm sure he knows it. How much does Noah Berlatsky make that someone who makes quality content (in a week no less) could be making instead.

Seriously, The Escapist just sucks horse cock.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Annie

Annie Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl

kiwifarms.net
  14. Yahtzee has slyly implied he gets a shit load of money from the Escapist, especially for what he produces.

That said, unlike a lot of Internet personalities he hasnt thrown all his eggs in the same basket. He's a decently successful novelist, writes a number of articles for various publications, develops games, etc. Probably just taking the escapist's money as a buffer.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  15. >Now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. The whole thing reads like a plug for another book, the author also doesnt seem to understand the book and that it's a pretty obvious subversion of messiac figures, their's a reason 40k takes a lot of its beats from dune but just made it way more obvious that Emperor is unworthy of your worship and spice is at best a neccisary evil, the big space worm god is a bit more on the nose because frank trusted his audience
    The author is either dishonest or isnt very intelligent and has only got this far because he's fairly articulate and hate clicks are a real cash cow . Jokes on them, I have has adblock

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Where is the heresy rating when we need it? :woo:

Wake me up

Wake me up CωC Club founder

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.