The Eternals - marvel is trying it again this time less humor and hit music and more unnecessary love triangles

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Supposedly the Eternals trailer drops tomorrow.

Chloe Zhao directed it. She has done some good stuff for Netflix and indie films. Unfortunately she's probably also under the same incredibly strict rules Disney has for all Marvel directors (why do you think Edgar Wright and Patty Jenkins left)

Premise is a bit meh. It's a bunch of gods. Kamil Najiani got dangerously ripped for the role. Salma Hayek is the leader of the group and its members include Angelina Jolie, Jon Snow, and Robb Stark.

Also Richard Madden is not playing the gay character. Because apparently he's bisexual irl so everyone immediately jumped to conclusions. Brian Tyree-Henry is going to be the gay one. Marvel at the 5 seconds we get of him with his husband and child...because Disney stupid mandates.

They also are a strong contender for worst outfits in a superhero film. Worse than Batman & Robin.

Rumor is that Gemma Chan is the lead. Unfortunately she's in a love triangle with Kit Harrington and Richard Madden....because when you cast one of the most beautiful women you must insert stupid romantic shit into the plot.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
If there's a change that an MCU movie will disappoint, it's this one. I'm a fan of Marvel comics and not once have I ever been interested in reading about the Eternals. Fuck, I even read some Inhumans stuff. Their best bet is that it becomes a suprise pleaser and gets good word of mouth like Guardians of the Galaxy did. I just don't really see the interest with my more normie friends with this one.

That and the fact that many people won't be too gung-ho about packing their theaters to consoom the new movie due to Corona-chan fears.

But I could be wrong and this movie will make over a billion.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how Chinese audiences will react with a superhero movie where the Chinese girl gets BLEACHED. Surely it triggers the same salt mine response you get from Blacked Threads right? That might be a big problem considering that China is such a big market for Marvel Quipshit.
I don't know about rice girls getting colonized in the sheets but I don't think it would be as bad as them getting blacked like they did with TLJ. Historically, the Chinese have seen anyone that is not Chinese as uncultured barbarians but at least they had some respect for the Romans. I can only speak from the Hispanic point of view and they view the colonization of their genes as a good thing.

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how Chinese audiences will react with a superhero movie where the Chinese girl gets BLEACHED. Surely it triggers the same salt mine response you get from Blacked Threads right? That might be a big problem considering that China is such a big market for Marvel Quipshit.
Look what happens with Shang Chi. They are not happy about Tony Leung playing The Mandarin. Awkwafina as the female lead is also confusing unless buckwheat drops the blaccent.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look what happens with Shang Chi. They are not happy about Tony Leung playing The Mandarin. Awkwafina as the female lead is also confusing unless buckwheat drops the blaccent.
It doesn't usually go better for Marv/sney (or is it Disn/arvel?) when they actually cast Asian actors though. China hated the Asian chick in the newish Star Wars movies, even though she was almost certainly put in there just for them. I've heard multiple theories as to why they hated her so much from, "she was the wrong kind of Asian" to "she was just ugly."
930ecf0f59d43e976ed152d0b63c2f7a.jpg

I can't speak to her being the "right, or even wrong kind of Asian" but my money is just her just being too ugly for them.

Tags
None