The Eternals - marvel is trying it again this time less humor and hit music and more unnecessary love triangles

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On one hand, Guardians of the Galaxy was approximately as obscure as Eternals before becoming one of Marvel's most valuable properties. On the other hand this looks like Diversity the movie, a plague of this entire phase.

Edit: and on the shit on my heel I hate Kumail Nanjiani.
Unfortunately the Guardians films don't hold up, especially on repeat viewings. Really the only good things going for them are the soundtracks.

It doesn't usually go better for Marv/sney (or is it Disn/arvel?) when they actually cast Asian actors though. China hated the Asian chick in the newish Star Wars movies, even though she was almost certainly put in there just for them. I've heard multiple theories as to why they hated her so much from, "she was the wrong kind of Asian" to "she was just ugly."
View attachment 1485556
I can't speak to her being the "right, or even wrong kind of Asian" but my money is just her just being too ugly for them.
The hatred she got for so much as breathing was completely unnecessary and uncalled for, especially when war criminal and botched abortion faced Adam Driver was in the cast. But more importantly it sucks that she was promised a bigger role in the final film, only for them to completely fuck that up in the finished product. The biggest issue for me is that she did not contribute anything important. She's just there because Asian minority. They could have had her be related to the two gay Asian mercenaries from Rogue One...but nah let's focus on the two Mary Sue's instead.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately the Guardians films don't hold up, especially on repeat viewings. Really the only good things going for them are the soundtracks.
Believe it or not, my 'disagree' was mostly for this. GOTG 1 was fine for what it was. No it wasn't my favorite but if I was ranking all of the MCU films, it would easily be in the upper half of all of them for me. GOTG 2 was obviously a bit lower than that, but I'd still say it's in the upper 50% of the MCU.
The hatred she got for so much as breathing was completely unnecessary and uncalled for, especially when war criminal and botched abortion faced Adam Driver was in the cast. But more importantly it sucks that she was promised a bigger role in the final film, only for them to completely fuck that up in the finished product. The biggest issue for me is that she did not contribute anything important. She's just there because Asian minority. They could have had her be related to the two gay Asian mercenaries from Rogue One...but nah let's focus on the two Mary Sue's instead.
I don't "hate" Rose Tico, (for breathing or otherwise) I don't even hate the woman who played her, but come on... you have to admit that the actress isn't conventionally attractive. And I'm not even making up the fact that the Chinese filmgoers hated her. For them, she was basically the Jar Jar of the new trilogy. (In that she was introduced in one film to appeal to a specific audience with the expectation of being a popular new character, and it totally fell flat) *That* is why she had a minimized role in Rise of Skywalker. She was literally the Jar Jar of the sequel trilogy.

It's funny that after saying all that you're still calling Adam Driver ugly. (And for the record, I don't even disagree with you... he totally is.) But why is it ok for you to think Adam Driver is ugly, but it's terrible that other people think that Kelly Marie Tran is ugly? Yellow Fever?
Ehhh...

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't usually go better for Marv/sney (or is it Disn/arvel?) when they actually cast Asian actors though. China hated the Asian chick in the newish Star Wars movies, even though she was almost certainly put in there just for them. I've heard multiple theories as to why they hated her so much from, "she was the wrong kind of Asian" to "she was just ugly."
View attachment 1485556
I can't speak to her being the "right, or even wrong kind of Asian" but my money is just her just being too ugly for them.
She was Vietnamese. Take a brief look into the historical relations between China and Vietnam. Spoiler: It's not pretty.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Ooooooohhh this thread is gonna invite the wrath of a certain someone.

And regarding The Eternals; no trailer yet but I honestly couldn't give a shit, though the drama I'm sure it will spawn will be fun.

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
I don't care about The Eternals. I'm not a comic book person so to me they just look like another group of generic MCU characters wearing CGI clothes.
I only liked a handful of MCU capeshit (Iron Man 1, Captain America 1, CA: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and Infinity War). I can't stand the cinematography (bland on purpose), the way the producers can change the props and the costumes at the last minute with a shitty CGI version based on focus tests.
To me, the MCU ended with Infinity War. Watching the villain kill the quippy heroes one by one was really comfy. Now, it seems like Victoria Alonso has taken over the production and Feige is just a puppet.

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
Wait? Jack Kirby’s Eternals? They’re really doing this? Back in my comic something days, there would have been people incensed with this idea.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
This is what happens when you run out of all the classic runs of stories to adapt only to realize that the current storytellers are not nearly as good as the ones that came before and that you've been using your comic publisher for the last ten years to push social justice shit instead of writing compelling stories. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel.

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Informative
Reactions: albertbrown26
Tags
None