The Final Fantasy Thread -

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
doing a replay of V now.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did in middle school when I first played it expecting it to be like VI

No - that happens after the Remake.

But a lot of people that were supposed to die (Biggs, Wedge, Jesse) are somehow not dead and they even went so far as to imply that Zack is not dead.

They basically are writing off the PS1 FF7 as the game where all the bad shit happens so I can see them keeping Aerith alive, for a while at least.

Has it been confirmed that
Jessie survived? You see her glove at the end, which seems to suggest she's in alive and perhaps recovering in the same room, but you never see her. Perhaps they're deliberately building the expectation that no one is truly dead, to make losing Aerith even harder

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Has it been confirmed that
Jessie survived? You see her glove at the end, which seems to suggest she's in alive and perhaps recovering in the same room, but you never see her. Perhaps they're deliberately building the expectation that no one is truly dead, to make losing Aerith even harder
That's as much as we got, but considering how everything else shakes out - I consider it a confirmation.

Richard29

kiwifarms.net
3D graphics of FF3, FF4 and After Years is terrible

Maybe i wouldnt mind so much if they looked realistic in battle and zoomed the camera out more so that i could see where i am going

But this is as much of a good idea as it is to take Mario 64 from N64 game, making it 2D. It just sounds like a horrible idea.

Original, PSP or GBA is way better choice if you wanna play the older games. Then again i dont really like old FF games outside only FF2. But atleast FF4 was fine to play atleast, 3D remake version is really bad.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I bet they'll have cloud successfully save aerith from sephiroth only to have zack kill her or something

or they'll set up a retarded love triangle between aerith, zach, and cloud. the only reasonable resolution to that would be cloud ending up with zack and the game ending with tifa and aerith making out on jenova's corpse

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
I bet they'll have cloud successfully save aerith from sephiroth only to have zack kill her or something

or they'll set up a retarded love triangle between aerith, zach, and cloud. the only reasonable resolution to that would be cloud ending up with zack and the game ending with tifa and aerith making out on jenova's corpse
I think there is a massively nontrivial chance at an "Aerith Ending". Whether that means she dies at any point or not I cannot say.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
It's not a fandom it's a perverted cult when it gets to that level.
That's more or less what they all are anymore. If you're not shipping homosexual couple and gender bending, you're a fucking bigot and they're going to run you out of the community. But right now that isn't what is important.

Okay here is what I want to know and this is what's important. They named all the humans in this happy little family. But the Moogle was not named. What the fuck? Moogles are a proud and ancient race and the illustrator "Pavee" (???) is a racist. We need to run them out of the community.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
As far as I'm concerned we're going to get one of the following endings

1) A dumb, unearned Kingdom Hearts-esque ending where almost if not all (or, as I believe I noted already, at least one version of a character) characters survive and live happily ever after;

2) Something patently stupid that pleases no one and on top of that doesn't tell even a halfway decent story;

3) Some kind of weird Chrono Cross like ending (never mind story); or

4) Something a bit dark where Aeris (perhaps specifically the original one) is the actual villain, and no, I'm not joking about that. The basic idea here could be that the original version may never have gotten to re-unite with Cloud or anyone else in death and thus has essentially been left alone for eternity (something which I would imagine she could find completely repellent) and as such, she decides to act selfishly by (...don't ask how) re-creating/altering events regardless of the consequences . I'll be honest, I might actually prefer this over any of the above although it sort of damages the original character, but considering the current state of the story right now, there aren't exactly much good options left where we could get some kind of story with a little emotional resonance.

If you're upset about the likelihood of certain crucial story beats happening, there's more direct evidence of it happening than what the last chapter would have you think. If you watch Aerith's resolution scene and compare it to Tifa's and Barret's, hers is the only one that features the LIFESTREAM in the background, and when Cloud moves to grabs her all he gets are Mako particles. Her dialogue with him ALSO heavily implies that she comes from a point in time where her death has occured, and she knows how much pain and suffering it will bring to him as a result. I know you're gonna argue about this being alternate timeline shenanigans, but it shows that Squeenix is aware of the importance of this story beat, and they aren't gonna ignore it or push it to the curb seeing as they are literally rewarding you with an EARLY GOODBYE scene for the eventual traumatic event that's gonna happen.
The problem with this scene isn't just that it's too much foreshadowing/baiting (that is in case they don't actually follow through with the original) for something they've already beaten the player to death with, but that then the character (assuming none of this is just in Cloud's messed up head and as such is completely misinterpreting things) should have to act accordingly and do pretty much everything possible to distance herself from Cloud lest she possibly woo his heart. Who wants to see that? Do you realize how retarded this to either character?

Last edited:

squinut

kiwifarms.net
The problem with this scene isn't just that it's too much foreshadowing/baiting (that is in case they don't actually follow through with the original) for something they've already beaten the player to death with, but that then the character (assuming none of this is just in Cloud's messed up head and as such is completely misinterpreting things) should have to act accordingly and do pretty much everything possible to distance herself from Cloud lest she possibly woo his heart. Who wants to see that? Do you realize how retarded this to either character?
What. If you insist on interpreting the scene in the worse way possible and to find any reason to hate on FF7R- I can't stop you. But "too much foreshadowing/baiting" is your opinion and irrelevant to the actual purpose of the scene. The scene may be a subtle wink to players of the original but it is first and foremost a character scene for Aerith, and it shows her mingled feelings of guilt and worry for Cloud's fragile state of mind which she already shows in the original during the Golden Saucer date when she tries to encourage Cloud in her own way to not be afraid of the truth, and to truly face her as his true self rather than the Soldier persona.

Plus this is the only scene where we see lifestream!Aerith. The Aerith you meet and spend time with from the Church all the way to Shinra Tower isn't the same Aerith as the resolution scene. That's why Cloud asks "is this a dream?" and she responds "you tell me." To mix up the lifestream!Aerith who knows what suffering she'll bring to him and the present Aerith who sees him as a new hope in her bleak life, and then complain about present Aerith not acting like she is lifestream!Aerith is peak sour grape.

You guys keep complaining about Nomura and Kingdom Hearts but don't actually read the damn interviews from the Squeenix team for yourself. They've said time and again that the story will not be drastically changed, and it's not going to be completely different from the original. This means the core story beats which again is Aerith's death, her role and purpose, the effect it has on Cloud, Sephiroth's role and purpose, Tifa's devotion to Cloud- all these will still be there.

Kitase was also asked about how different Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be in comparison to the original story, to which Kitase said that "we're not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original."
As FF7R shows- 90% of it is true to the original, with 10% wildcard content to make things interesting but not to DRASTICALLY change the story. If you assume that Aerith is going to be the villain just because the last chapter has you mad, that's on you.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
Alright random lore question, but is the world of ff 14 and 12 in the same universe?

It certainly seems like it when you get to go to dalmasica in 14, meet fran, Fight sealed abominations from FF tactics and get a full blown reference to vagrant story.

Hell, its even implied that the empire in 14 is directly inspired by the one in 12
1593444554739.png

1593444575980.png

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: mr.moon1488

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
12 is the most heavily referenced but also the least referenced.

it's the equivalent to an abandoned cinematic universe. Like yeah shit is there, but nothing about it major. The judges in 12 were pushovers for bosses and were barely there as actual characters.

All the real story heavy shit happened in the 12 DS game, but it's not that good.

Tags
None