The Final Fantasy Thread -

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
The best part about the original FFIV was the fact that characters came and went from the story.
I hated this personally, but I played FF6(FF3 US) on the SNES first so that's probably why since they handled that a little better. Just as I was getting attached to a character they'd fuck off and I'd be upset, and some characters never came back. I respect that they did it, but I didn't like it overall.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Final Fantasy IV, I played a couple of hours into The After Years and then got bored and read ahead a bit and it made me laugh how they took the opportunity to redesign Porom to be sexy now that she's 22, but they mostly left Palom alone. On the left is Palom in TAY, at age 22; on the right is Edward in FF4, age 24:
Palom FF4 After.pngEdward FF4.jpg

When Palom goes to buy booze in America, I'm sure he gets shocked looks every time he shows his ID.

Porom now looks nothing like Palom (despite being twins), but rather, a new character altogether:
Porom FF4 After.png

I'll bet whomever designed her got bonked on the noggin and sent straight to horny jail

So yeah, The After Years isn't getting a pixel remaster, and the PSP version still remains the best one with it looking all good and having the, indeed, very very good Lunar Ruins and that one extra place on Mt. Ordeals, and even that one scene where they explain how exactly Cecil takes a shit while wearing his suit of armor. (It's an assflap and Kain has a smaller assflap and gets jealous)

Last edited:

Smug Chuckler

Chairman Yang
kiwifarms.net
Playing through IV a bit more, yeah. Its based off of the easy version. Its been a long while since Ive played it, but Ive played it twice. I started wondering if they reduced the difficulty when I beat Mom Bomb with zero issues, and realized exactly what version this was when I wiped the floor with Calcabrina, another common brick wall with my playthroughs.

Monsters have the hard version's stats yet required exp is halved and like the other games they seem to buff the stat growth. And yeah I killed the water elemental lord turtle guy with a lvl 3 lightning spell and a melee hit. I don't recall being that easy.

Resident Evil

Who is this local resident, and why is he evil?
kiwifarms.net
I've come back after completing 1, 2, 7, Crisis Core, IX, and very recently X.

You bitchass motherfuckers didn't warn me about Vivi or Tidus tearing apart my heart, good god those hurt so bad. Thinking about X makes me tear a little.

I can now say I'm so totally in love with final fantasy it hurts. For a game older then me, the writing has aged well and destroys me when I least expect it. Thank you for encouraging me thread, all those pages back.

I plan on playing 15 once I get the money for something to handle it, and 6 on GBA with Music Modding for better quality after that.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You bitchass motherfuckers didn't warn me about Vivi or Tidus tearing apart my heart, good god those hurt so bad. Thinking about X makes me tear a little.

I can now say I'm so totally in love with final fantasy it hurts. For a game older then me, the writing has aged well and destroys me when I least expect it. Thank you for encouraging me thread, all those pages back.

I plan on playing 15 once I get the money for something to handle it, and 6 on GBA with Music Modding for better quality after that.

Always happy to see more people getting into the series. It truly is something special.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully I didn’t overlook it already being mentioned in this thread, but Hironobu Sakaguchi and Naoki Yoshida are hosting a panel leading up to the Tokyo Game Show. I don’t think they will be making any announcements, but I’m sure that it will be interesting to hear those two talk shop.

PuffyGroundCloud

Bichon Hive
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully I didn’t overlook it already being mentioned in this thread, but Hironobu Sakaguchi and Naoki Yoshida are hosting a panel leading up to the Tokyo Game Show. I don’t think they will be making any announcements, but I’m sure that it will be interesting to hear those two talk shop.
Maybe FF16? since Yoshi-P is the producer

Mooger Meng

Now I've got your autism!
kiwifarms.net
No, it'll be a remaster of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Only there'll be no graphical upgrades and they'll add an easy mode.
I'm just sayin', if this gets us a good remake of the soundtrack and my boy Benjamin being completely confused at everything in HD, it might be worth it.
23-Benjamin_Shrug.gif

Coldgrip

Still not Cody.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just sayin', if this gets us a good remake of the soundtrack and my boy Benjamin being completely confused at everything in HD, it might be worth it.
View attachment 2566696
I've often said that if any other FF game gets the action-RPG treatment it should be 8, but an ARPG remake of Mystic Quest would work too.
The scene in FFIX where You're Not Alone starts blasting makes me cry. Not even gonna lie.
Best track in the game, hands down.

A close second is the Kingdom of Burmecia theme.

gaystoner

fucked up queer
kiwifarms.net

im planning on getting the FFX symbol tattooed at some point because of the story and its resounding impact on me. X's story is ridiculously good and definitely is 'more than a romance story' that so many people break it down to be. The journey of 'finding ones place' in society is how I describe it.

The things that most affect us are distant memories you can only visit in a dream. The struggle with accepting reality and blaming others for the roles they played. Wanting to return to the idealistic version of your childhood but when you get there you realize it's an impossible memory. Finding love unexpectedly. Crushing disappointment when the reality you've engaged in, building a life, wasn't based on the full truth. Then ultimately making sacrifices to make reality closer to the idealized version...even if it's an unobtainable perfection.

The first playthrough is definitely a trip I've never experienced during any other FF game. I recommend FFX-2 for further story / explanation and closure. Or you can always look up the endings/story online now lol.