The Final Fantasy Thread -

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
I knew about the abilities but I didn't know about the T-Rex trick.

I think I just don't have the patience to experiment with that sort of thing which is why I never tried. That said, I am now extremely curious about what else I can break now that I know that.
The trick is the GF abilities more than anything- prioritize stat junctions and any refine ability. Always have draw set and make sure you try to draw from every boss fight in case they have a GF, it can be easy to miss (I missed several my first playthrough). The GF summon abilities can be ignored other than maybe diabolos; he's very helpful for getting tonberry once you get the mobile garden and tonberry has some excellent refine abilities IIRC. I haven't played in years tho.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I knew about the abilities but I didn't know about the T-Rex trick.

I think I just don't have the patience to experiment with that sort of thing which is why I never tried. That said, I am now extremely curious about what else I can break now that I know that.
You're going to want to eventually junction 99 Ultima to STR which is the best possible junction, you will fucking break the damage counter if you're at level 99. If you junction healing magic to your HP you will be at max health. So look up what's the earliest form of getting ultima and just farm that until max because everything is weak against ultima and nothing can beat it. If you junction an element like earth or fire you will heal shit that's strong against earth or fire.

Junctions negate leveling pretty much.

If you're going after all the guardian forces in a single run you will wind up at max level or close to it anyways. Bahamut is supposed to be a pain in the ass but if you have 99 ultimas junctioned it makes the dungeon a straight run and you can ignore the dungeon restrictions because all enemies who are end game monsters will die in a single hit.

Final Fantasy 8 is a fun game to break.

You're going to want to eventually junction 99 Ultima to STR which is the best possible junction, you will fucking break the damage counter if you're at level 99. If you junction healing magic to your HP you will be at max health. So look up what's the earliest form of getting ultima and just farm that until max because everything is weak against ultima and nothing can beat it. If you junction an element like earth or fire you will heal shit that's strong against earth or fire.

Junctions negate leveling pretty much.
Not even that they make leveling a bad thing to do, you can get Curaga and Junction HP before leaving disc 1 and basically leave Squall in "Danger" levels and fish for Limit Break Procs while being in no danger of dying.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Not even that they make leveling a bad thing to do, you can get Curaga and Junction HP before leaving disc 1 and basically leave Squall in "Danger" levels and fish for Limit Break Procs while being in no danger of dying.
Yeah if you're at max HP the danger line of low HP will still be much larger than most enemies HP.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
As someone who knows very little about coding, what does that mean exactly?
They unzipped the playstation 1 files and just shoved them into a new format unchanged and didn't even bother to name them properly.

In that regard it's disappointing because 8 and 9 have incredibly high resolution assets for the backgrounds that have not been used in their proper glory.

• Feels
Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

BigTimeSamurai

I AM A DIGITAL CYBER DEMON!!!
kiwifarms.net
So I started getting into FF. I played through IX in around March and it is legitimately one of my favourite games of all time now 10/10. I then finally got around to VII too, I was always put off by it's reputation and because Cloud seemed like a character I would not like because of how people talk about him. Did the people who call him an emo even play the game or has Nomura just memed everyone into thinking that Cloud wasn't a snowboarding Chad? Anyways, the game was great too but not quite as good as IX imo.

I think I may have been the only person who was really looking forward too VIII being released so I could finally play it for the first time. I know that it is meant to be the black sheep of the series or whatever but I am a contrarian faggot who thinks Bioshock 2 is the best in that series, so I was looking forward to sinking my teeth into it but then everything I am seeing is raising red flags. I want to give this game a fair chance so do you reckon I should go with this remaster or is it worth me going through the trouble of getting a PS1 copy?

Duncan Hills Coffee

Do you folks like coffee?
kiwifarms.net
Did the people who call him an emo even play the game or has Nomura just memed everyone into thinking that Cloud wasn't a snowboarding Chad?
It's funny that Cloud is painted as an emo when he was basically the opposite of one for most of the game; he was a cocky and over-confident person. He did get a little emo when he starts to wonder if he's just a tool for Sephiroth, but it's entirely justified given the circumstances.

The whole emo Cloud thing is from literally every Cloud appearance after FFVII, like Kingdom Hearts, Advent Children, and Dissidia. It's annoying because they don't accurately represent Cloud and because it's convinced a bunch of people that Cloud was always a whiny emo when that was more Squall's thing.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
It's funny that Cloud is painted as an emo when he was basically the opposite of one for most of the game; he was a cocky and over-confident person. He did get a little emo when he starts to wonder if he's just a tool for Sephiroth, but it's entirely justified given the circumstances.

The whole emo Cloud thing is from literally every Cloud appearance after FFVII, like Kingdom Hearts, Advent Children, and Dissidia. It's annoying because they don't accurately represent Cloud and because it's convinced a bunch of people that Cloud was always a whiny emo when that was more Squall's thing.
In the original game, cloud was emo only because he discovers he's been experiencing a severe psychotic episode and his entire understanding of his life was false. He and Tifa leave the party for a while, and when he comes back, Cloud is a chad again up through the end of the game when he faces Sephiroth down man-to-man and whoops his ass with ease following the party party against Safer Sephiroth.

I think Cloud sometimes gets the emo rep because he's a pretty boy and people are just too stupid to think of a pretty guy as anything other than whiney and emo. It's dumb. I agree with your analysis of his later appearances, it's always been pretty disappointing.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Do you folks like coffee?
kiwifarms.net
I think Cloud sometimes gets the emo rep because he's a pretty boy and people are just too stupid to think of a pretty guy as anything other than whiney and emo. It's dumb. I agree with your analysis of his later appearances, it's always been pretty disappointing.
I remember reading that the reason Cloud behaved the way he did in AC was because Nomura wanted Cloud to feel guilt for not rescuing Aerith and not being able to help those he cares about, which is dumb because it undoes a lot of the development of the character in the latter half of the game and basically changes Cloud into a different person entirely. And yet for some baffling reason, despite AC not being regarded as particularly good, that personality change stuck like herpes.

I just hope that the FFVII remake doesn't fall into that same trap. I want the remake to portray Cloud the way he always was, not what the sequels and public perception make him out to be.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
I kinda like it so far! The voice acting isn't great, but it rarely is. Barret in particular seems terrible.

Seems like they're expanding a lot- it looked like there were some additional motorcycle scenes during midgar. I like the idea of taking that and expanding on it since it's no longer a surprise and it could be a pretty fun minigame to throw in 2-3 times rather than just once.

Sexy Aerith looks good, but I don't like how quiet Cloud is through all of it. I hope they really commit to the camp around Corneo and that sexy cloud is a proper trap so it's believable that he'd be selected over the babes.

Black Waltz

super duper with a big tuper
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I kinda like it so far! The voice acting isn't great, but it rarely is. Barret in particular seems terrible.

Seems like they're expanding a lot- it looked like there were some additional motorcycle scenes during midgar. I like the idea of taking that and expanding on it since it's no longer a surprise and it could be a pretty fun minigame to throw in 2-3 times rather than just once.

Sexy Aerith looks good, but I don't like how quiet Cloud is through all of it. I hope they really commit to the camp around Corneo and that sexy cloud is a proper trap so it's believable that he'd be selected over the babes.
it looks alright so far but I still have that feeling that they're gonna do something to completely fuck it up

BigTimeSamurai

I AM A DIGITAL CYBER DEMON!!!
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure that's Mark Hamill. He sticks out like a sore thumb against the rest of anime club voice actors. It looks like Sekiro all over again where the voice acting is so lousy that you have no choice but to put it on Japanese.

I heard rumour that this might end up being a trilogy... and yeah you can't help but notice that they are only showing Midgar and no Nibelheim or Cosmo Canyon or my main man Cid.

Tifa doing pull ups is tenouttaten though so no real complaints here.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino