The Final Fantasy Thread -

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong

The weirdos then increased her cup size in the third game and bragged about it in an interview. :cringe:
Tifa should not have to pay for Lightning's sins.

I assume this is the place to talk about it, but what are expectations for the Remake? What is everyone hoping?
My expectation, and purusing what I have every reason to believe are legit leaks affirms, that it's reasonably accurate to the original but embellished with just more and specifically more fanservice elements. My hope is that a bunch of people who are very unfamiliar with the original think it ruined or changed everything. Largely because I dislike the effect the compilation installments have had on the legacy of FF7.

I am also replaying the original currently and I like pretty much every way it explains or presents things over the newly canon or worse the fanon interpretations. So I want that, though I doubt I'll get my way 100% (Zack will still probably have an epic death for example).
My expectation is that this is a remake that will bring the original game in line with the compilation and render the first version non-canon. It's not what I want, but it's what will happen.

Last edited:

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I'd argue 12's story gets better as it goes on because Vaan becomes less important as actual political and fantastical elements become more pressing. The climax might be perfunctory but that's nothing to do with the MC issue.
That's because they snuck Vaan into the game (along with the first act centered around Vaan) after corporate/marketing forced the project lead off of the project for stress related health reasons.

It feels jammed in there at the last minute because it was literally jammed in there at the last minute.

Genesis and Deep Ground will both at least be referenced, if not outright appearing. Here's hoping my expectations are thwarted.
Genesis is totally going to be an Uber boss you have to kill to revive Zach.

Edit
So okay, what are all the Bosses you could have as DLC after the last chapter comes out

Genesis
Angeal
Gaia
Omega Weapon
The Badguy from Dirge
That stupid Trio from Advent Children.
Gilgamesh
Hitler (because why the fuck not we are gonna have everyone else and their mother)

Last edited:

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
My expectation is that this is a remake that will bring the original game in line with the compilation and render the first version non-canon. It's not what I want, but it's what will happen.
I've heard they're going to incorporate certain ideas and events from the compilation but not hold to same continuity per se. As in, if Deepground is inconsistent with anything in Dirge of Cerberus then that's DoC's problem. From what I have seen this first part is trumped up but pretty faithful. A lot of where I think it deviates is more for fanservice than compilation zeal. But who knows what will happen in the future.
In my opinion the way they choose to handle Zack will tell us all we need to know because he is absolutely the most popular thing the Compilation expanded on that was actually in the original game.

Genesis and Deep Ground will both at least be referenced, if not outright appearing. Here's hoping my expectations are thwarted.
I believe Nomura or someone high up has said Genesis will not appear. That could be a lie when this all said and done but I am not worried.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
I've heard they're going to incorporate certain ideas and events from the compilation but not hold to same continuity per se. As in, if Deepground is inconsistent with anything in Dirge of Cerberus then that's DoC's problem. From what I have seen this first part is trumped up but pretty faithful. A lot of where I think it deviates is more for fanservice than compilation zeal. But who knows what will happen in the future.
In my opinion the way they choose to handle Zack will tell us all we need to know because he is absolutely the most popular thing the Compilation expanded on that was actually in the original game.

I believe Nomura or someone high up has said Genesis will not appear. That could be a lie when this all said and done but I am not worried.
My prediction Genesis will not show up but Gackt will show up as himself instead. More seriously I think there will be mentions and name drops in throwaway conversations or files but nothing relating to the plot. Hojo's lab will have files hinting at Deepground and Genesis and Cloud will read them and go "who cares about this" and shrug. If we see them it will be as an easter egg like a framed photo in the Shinra building of Genesis, Angeal, and Sephiroth.

They could also add a Sapphire weapon fight in the postgame since you don't get to fight it before it gets its head blown off in game.

One thing I'll like in the remake will be the lack of difference between world and battle models of enemies. It mildly bothered me how often you get jumped by Shinra dudes in blue uniforms but in combat they are red or the red uniform Shinra officers in combat become weird not human cyborg monsters if you fight them. Or Don Corneo's henchmen that look like gangsters but when you fight them they are ninjas but in Wutai he has ninja henchmen you don't fight that match the combat model you do fight in his mansion.

• Agree
Reactions: Berrakh

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Final Fantasy VII Remake Producer Wants to Do FFV Next
posted on 2020-03-13 07:45 UTC-8 by Lynzee Loveridge

As the release date of the Final Fantasy VII Remake approaches, game producer Yoshinori Kitase has his sights set on a possible Final Fantasy V remake next. The project currently remains a personal dream of Kitase's, but he hopes it'll become a reality.
Kitase told Gamereactor in Madrid, "The first Final Fantasy that I worked on myself was Final Fantasy V, that hasn't been remade with the more realistic kind of approach yet, so I think it might be quite interesting to do a FFV remake someday."
Kitase was credited as a field planner for the SNES RPG in 1992. The game was later ported to the PlayStation with a cinematic opening and ending, the Game Boy Advance, Wii's Virtual Console, the Wii U, the New 3DS, iOS and Android devices, and PC.
Source: Gamereactor (David Caballero, Juan A. Fonseca)
That's good and all but when will they remake VI? And when they mention V, why are they using Terra's image?

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net

That's good and all but when will they remake VI? And when they mention V, why are they using Terra's image?
Honestly I'm fine with the idea of a V remake. Out of all the main series, I think V deserves more appreciation especially here in the West. The last (and probably only the more I think about it) legitimately solid port we got for V was on the Gameboy Advance. Meanwhile you can pick up the DS remakes of III and IV on Steam, both of which are excellent. V and VI are stuck with those fucking hideous IOS versions. Remaking both those games would do wonders.

Of course when I say remake I mean that in the same way they remade III and IV: keep the core gameplay, retain a similar artstyle to the older game just in simplistic 3D, add in some additional content like secret boss fights and weapons, and keep all story additions and changes limited and tasteful. Essentially the opposite of what they're doing with the VII remake.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I'm fine with the idea of a V remake. Out of all the main series, I think V deserves more appreciation especially here in the West. The last (and probably only the more I think about it) legitimately solid port we got for V was on the Gameboy Advance. Meanwhile you can pick up the DS remakes of III and IV on Steam, both of which are excellent. V and VI are stuck with those fucking hideous IOS versions. Remaking both those games would do wonders.

Of course when I say remake I mean that in the same way they remade III and IV: keep the core gameplay, retain a similar artstyle to the older game just in simplistic 3D, add in some additional content like secret boss fights and weapons, and keep all story additions and changes limited and tasteful. Essentially the opposite of what they're doing with the VII remake.
I don't remember much of the story for 5 but it had great music and i thought it was the best implementation of the class system until tactics. I'd definitely enjoy a proper redo of the game, but the original isn't too bad on emulator if you play at a slightly higher speed.

Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A remake of FFV would probably add even more extra jobs, like the GBA remake added Oracle, Gladiator, Cannonneer, and Necromancer. I'm curious to see what we would get. Gambler? Astrologian? Gunbreaker? Fencer? Pirate (from Bravely series, uses physical attacks that inflict stat downs + damage), maybe? Would go well with Faris. A low-rent version of Puppetmaster from FFXI?

Edit: Dark Knight. How could I forget Dark Knight? (Knight = Paladin usually, so no Paladin is likely)

Last edited:
Tags
None