The Final Fantasy Thread -

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Squeenix is being super autistic about DMCAing streams. I don't think that bodes well for the quality past the opening. Makes it look like they're hiding something. Either that or the Japanese are just autistic.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Squeenix is being super autistic about DMCAing streams. I don't think that bodes well for the quality past the opening. Makes it look like they're hiding something. Either that or the Japanese are just autistic.
They are incredibly autistic. They will disable the record / screenshot feature on cutscenes to prevent spoilers.

• Agree
Reactions: The Shadow

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
There's also that scene where she threatens to rip Don Corneo's balls off.

Honestly, that's one of the most underrated aspects of Aerith's character. She's a sweet girl but she's not above getting her hands dirty or browbeating other people into doing ridiculous things (she is the one who convinces Cloud to crossdress). Every interpretation of her after the original portrays her as one-dimensionally "pure" when that's not really what she was in the first place.
I was talking about Tifa. But yes. A lot of these characters are super one-dimensional outside of the original game though.

There are some weird story changes. But good weird in that now I wonder what else will change.

InvertedDickEnthusiast

Trans Inclusionary Radical Misogynist
kiwifarms.net
agreed. FFT isn't a game that necessitates or even really benefits from minmaxing like FFX did. that said, deleveling and redoing your first 20 levels isn't too bad if you really wanted it.

i usually just took a bunch of females, turned them into ninjas with concentration (from archer) and +3 movement (from dancer) and then you end up super fast and able to throw unmissable attacks from halfway across pretty much every map. the game is fun, but it's not very hard.
This is probably why every time I go back to it I just use some cwcheat list to turn on a ridiculous JP multiplier, only problem is unlocking Dark Knight is still extremely tedious.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Karen poster extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
The same happened with Persona 5 if anyone streamed beyond a certain point in the game.

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
So, tell me, how far does this go? Would anyone be able to tell me in comparison to discs from the original release?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The game is supposedly just all stuff modified from 15, the next game is also well under way.

I'm fully expecting the next one once they're outside of midgar to have 15's vehicle system and being able to listen to the radio and take pictures. They really did flesh out the midgar section well with meaningful shit to do. So I'm really looking forward to what they put into the main world section.

There's data for the area around midgar already and it's rather detailed as far as terrain goes. But there's no solid buildings or any type of interactive structure.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to post explicit spoilers, especially until there's more confirmation, but it's possible this thing really shits the bed in the end game. Nomura just can't help himself.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: AnotherPleb

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
The Church Glitch is now canon.
That's one of those formative video game rumors I'll take to my grave. I'll be dying of Alzheimers and not able to recognize my friends or family, but damn it, I'll know how to see Aeris' ghost in the church and the exact sequence you were supposed to do to catch Pikablu in the secret room past the Elite Four.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I'm not seeing anything major come up that alters shit that drastically unless I missed something. You're getting some slight reconfigurings and smoothing out of some events because the early part of 7 was rough compared to what came after it. But I think 50 is max level and the minigames have not been a pain in the ass. There's more foreshadowing for sure. But much like the Persona .5 versions people will immediately jump the gun and say the changes have ruined the game when 9 times out of 10 that's not the case.

Hard mode is generally really fucking hard, everything hits like a goddamned truck. This is falcom levels of the prologue enemies fucking you up because they're so overpowered and you're limited in your abilities. So I'm guessing hard is supposed to be new Game+ or something because everything moves at a snail's pace since everything can kill you. Weakness exploits hit for shit until you get more abilities.

*edit*
GUESS WHO'S NOT DEAD????
Zack

Last edited:

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
The dude saying some of the things he could say would be taken as an April Fool's joke was right if this stuff about the ending I'm hearing is real.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The dude saying some of the things he could say would be taken as an April Fool's joke was right if this stuff about the ending I'm hearing is real.
There's force ghosts created by the Mako that undo time, so if a character dies and it's not allowed to happen in that dimension, the ghost alters time. They're going to be having fun with this, I think we're finally getting a real Chrono Trigger Sequel.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Oh my god the ending spoilers. This is great. What a clusterfuck. The remake was shaping up to be just kind of ok. But if I had to choose between kind of ok and a complete disaster, I'm gonna choose a complete disaster. Sure, a flawless masterpiece would be better but the memes are gonna be great. This is some Last Jedi tier shit. The fanbase is exploding.

• Agree
Reactions: Chiri

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
What the hell is going on anyway? I see people having meltdowns over FF7:R being different somehow in unexpected ways? Sephiroth is meta-aware?

Tags
None