‘The Flintstones’ Adult Animated Comedy Sequel Series ‘Bedrock’ In Works At Fox -

SSF2T Old User

Empresses Of Justice
kiwifarms.net
They are going to fuck it up though.
That's a given. Every cartoon I've grown up with that they "rebooted" or brought back has been bad. The humor is cringe or just falls flat, and they can't fucking help themselves but inject current event shit including woke/progressive and/or political shit into it.
Just bring back Space Ghost or Harvey Birdman you unoriginal niggers.
If you're desperate for Harvey Birdman, just play the PSP/Wii game (which is basically a watered-down Ace Attorney game with Street Fighter cameos) and/or buy the dvd boxsets of all the seasons.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I kinda wish the Seth MacFarlane version was made because I am a bit curious about how it would turn out I recall a rumor back in 2014 that it was scrapped because they couldn’t differentiate Peter and Fred, and another rumor back then had it been made they’d stop making more Simpsons and focus more on Flintstones.

RomanesEuntDomus

Bunte Farben für Gratismut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"So, Bedrock producers, how much lame shit will you steal from Rick and Morty?"
-"Yes."

This show will be yet one more instance of a terrible remake to appeal to boomers, fuck that shit.
I really liked the original, but in the current political climate, any reboot or sequel is going to be tainted by the same atrocious, preachy nonsense that we've seen dozens of times by now. We already know there will be some dickwad "old white man" who simply refuses to "go with the times", who will talk down to Pebbles, while she will be a smart independent, awesome and "INSPIRING" character. I am going to be fucking shocked if there isn't some neanderthal caveman going "Make Bedrock Great Again!" at some point.

I will be genuinely surprised however if they force some "the white race is a mix of PoC races with lowly neanderthals", since even though that's a really dumb and simplistic take, it's still leages smarter than the people making this. Just get ready for endless "ypipo bad" and political commentary hamfisted enough to make Michael Moore blush.

They only ever have one punchline and they beat you over the head with it, over and over and over again. I'm just looking forward to how exactly they are going to fuck shit up. Will Bam-Bam be a dudebro, estranged from Pebbles? Will Pebbles hook up with a troon? Who will they gender- or race-swap? What kind of awful, horrible shit will they do to make Fred and Barney look bad?

In regards to that last point:

51326e7435a601ac38c13e672f262644.jpg
They'll make the hats reddish brown, the whole Water Buffalo Order will be a poorly conceived metaphor for the MAGA movement, Fred and Barney will be lapping up every little tidbit of bigottry, enjoy their white privilege and all the usual shit we know and loathe about such shows. At some point, Pebbles will #lecturethem and her#STUNNINGandBRAVE actions will #INSPIRE Fred and Barney to #unlearn and become allies - maybe not exactly like that, but something along those lines.
Unless the people involved in this project are so fucking clueless about the original, they literally don't even know the Water Buffalo Order exists, which is a very likely scenario.
Anyone involved in any kind of remake in the past 15-20 years had only a very pedestrian and shallow understanding of the source material they remade and at best knew a few memes.

Pee Cola

Very good cola
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need to see more since I was honestly hoping Seth "remember the time" MacFarlane got the go-ahead.
At least Seth has a genuine love of the original Flintstones and can actually do a good job when his heart is in it. That's why The Orville is pretty great, whilst the last few seasons of Family Guy feel a lot like current year Simpsons.

As for "Bedrock", it'll be a train wreck. If nothing else, it'll be fascinating to see how badly the Flintstones legacy gets shat upon in the interest of wokeness.

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

Bunte Farben für Gratismut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
whilst the last few seasons of Family Guy feel a lot like current year Simpsons.
Which is really kind of weird.

At the beginning, Family Guy felt like low-brow Simpsons, then Simpsons became a weak imitation of Family Guy's lolsorandomxD humor and now Family guy feels like a poor imitation of that.

This Bedrock show just strengthens my belief that a decade or two in the future, this era will be known as the dark age of millenial entertainment.
A time when the political affiliations of self-righteous elites, high on their own farts and their heads firmly lodged between their asscheeks, makes terrible and uninspired media for a tiny target group of loudmouthed, equally self-righteous middle-to-upper-class snowflakes, while the vast majority of moviegoers at best just goes along with it. It's not even like the political shit these producers shove down the audience's throat is that relevant. Troons are a very vocal minority, but their presence in any group is so small, we don't have to accomodate them at every turn. There are more pressing issues, especially in the very same categories that these self-righteous assholes claim to support. While the west is arguing whether a person is allowed to wear a hijab when working in a court of justice or school (while wearing a cross is banned), Uyghurs are being genocided by the chinese, but you won't hear any complaints about that in Hollywood. While we argue in the West about privileges for gay marriages, large swathes of the Middle East will just merrily throw anyone accused of sucking pole off a roof, but you won't hear any complaints about that in Hollywood. I think, audiences are slowly growing tired of this hamfisted political bullshit and they are growing tired of the ever more blatant hypocrisy.

The Oscars had an audience of less than 10 million, it's a drop by >50% compared to last year's already atrocious viewership and less than 20% of what it used to be less than a decade ago.
Even the average movie goer is losing interest in these self-adulations of the elites and with the current economic crisis unfolding, a lot of them will be thinking twice before spending their money on lackluster, preachy, uninspired shit like the stuff getting academy awards for having the correct number of black muslim trannies on staff.

I don't know how much influence Hippies had on entertainment back in their heyday, but I sincerely hope that SJWs will become a laughing stock like Hippies and we will leave this dark age of entertainment far behind us at some point in the future.
Also fuck Disney, I hope they crash under their own weight and burn.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Seth Mcfarlane originally supposed to be working on this show? I thought it was already cancelled, and another family guy but prehistoric this time sounds like a worse idea than what may end up coming out, so I don't have the lowest hopes for this. Just not high ones.
MacFarlane's plan was to make a show closer to the original, with the same cast. After FOX declined the offer, he started to work on a sci-fi show that he originally pitched to CBS (a Star Trek spin-off), FOX loved it and it became The Orville.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least Seth has a genuine love of the original Flintstones and can actually do a good job when his heart is in it. That's why The Orville is pretty great, whilst the last few seasons of Family Guy feel a lot like current year Simpsons.

As for "Bedrock", it'll be a train wreck. If nothing else, it'll be fascinating to see how badly the Flintstones legacy gets shat upon in the interest of wokeness.
I was always sad the Seth reboot never happened, it probably would have been good.

It's understandable why people feel this way but I think people forget how good Family Guy was at the start and that Seth is a pretty talented dude despite his flaws, I haven't even seen The Orville but I've heard good things.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They lost me at Elizabeth Banks. The latest, greatest example of failing upwards. But Banks is a decent looking, blond, white woman. Technically she's on the "diversity ladder", but she should be keenly aware of the fact that they occupy the very lowest rung. The minute they find a troon who takes their meds long enough to point a camera and say "action" she'll be quietly taken out to pasture.

Last edited:

RiceofSkywalker

Just a chink off the old block.
kiwifarms.net
The minute they find a troon who takes their meds long enough to point a camera and say "action" she'll be quietly taken out to pasture.
I don't know about that. She's one of (((them))).

I agree with the sentiment that MacFarlane's Flintstones, while still a reboot, would've probably had ten times the wit and soul than the Nth wokeness-filled Hollywood condom that this trash heap's gonna be.