The food that can feed, and maybe save, the planet: Bugs - By Sandee LaMotte, CNN

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's some creepy soyface leading a presentation on why you should eat bugs, for thanksgiving no less! I assumed it would be something like, 'eww bugs, let me try' but instead its an actual presentation intended to convince.
It's really fucking weird how orchestrated this is. This pattern is so ridiculously blatant I wonder why they don't just give up.

It seems like it's this:

1) Try to sell incredibly shitty product nobody wants (Wokebusters, eating bugs, whatever)
2) Have orchestrated news stories pimping shitty product
3) Respond to any criticism of shitty product by calling people who don't want to buy it racist

This never works but they keep doing it.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
It's really fucking weird how orchestrated this is. This pattern is so ridiculously blatant I wonder why they don't just give up.

It seems like it's this:

1) Try to sell incredibly shitty product nobody wants (Wokebusters, eating bugs, whatever)
3) Respond to any criticism of shitty product by calling people who don't want to buy it racist

The donors who keep funding this shit are so out of touch and disconnected with reality that they think the masses are too stupid to not fall for it. They need to smarten up or else “eat the bugs, bigot” will be the “let them eat cake” of the 21st century.

Thank Fuck For Evil Otto

He lived the life of a black man, authentically.
kiwifarms.net
The donors who keep funding this shit are so out of touch and disconnected with reality that they think the masses are too stupid to not fall for it. They need to smarten up or else “eat the bugs, bigot” will be the “let them eat cake” of the 21st century.
If they keep hammering at it, for years and years, and focus on kids, I think they will succeed to some extent. How many mindless SJWs were sold on innumerous idiocies because it gave them a feeling of smug righteousness? I think bugfeasting will be the same for them. "You're not eating bugs? Nazi! You eat bugs? Me too! *smug beaming*"

Check out the kids in this video:

Even if those kids find it disgusting, they will eat the bugs as it will feed their smug social justarian gloat.

Last edited:

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We eat sea bugs all the time. I don't see what the big deal is, insect protein is a good thing to have in our back pocket if shit goes sideways.
Most of the bugs we eat are harvested with wheat and gets mixed into our bread. That’s not a fact that gets spread around a lot because nobody wants to think about eating bug ass every time they bite into a ham sandwich.

greengrilledcheese

Free, White, and 21
kiwifarms.net
Oy vey do (((they))) have to use Haaretz for this what a giveaway. Seriously?
They live up to the greedy Jew stereotype in the article. Regarding seaweed:

Is the world welcoming this seafood with open arms? Seakura is exporting to Europe, Canada and Russia (though they won’t release sales figures) Like every startup, it hopes that its message will spread.

Why aren’t you selling in Israel?

Karta: “First of all, this is a small market, so it’s of less interest to us. Besides which, as is the case with other products, the middlemen here inflate the price, so it becomes economically nonviable. In Britain, the supplier sells the seaweed to the consumer at a profit of 130 percent. When we tried to sell it here in Israel, the final price for the consumer was three times higher than what we got, so we dropped the idea.”

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
If they keep hammering at it, for years and years, and focus on kids, I think they will succeed to some extent. How many mindless SJWs were sold on innumerous idiocies because it gave them a feeling of smug righteousness? I think bugfeasting will be the same for them. "You're not eating bugs? Nazi! You eat bugs? Me too! *smug beaming*"
Same thing happened in the 60's, though.....

Kids left college convinced the virtues of free love, quartz crystals and psychedelic rock could cure the world's ills, and rapidly gave it up because not only did it not fix the world, it didn't absolve them from the need to get a job, or pay their bills, and their resolve to leave grubby capitalism behind and be one with nature and live in a commune died out after two weeks of living in one, and learning the hippie master in charge may have publicly said he was against Vietnam, but in private owned shares of McDonnell Douglas.

It's easy to say you'd love communism when you're young, dumb, and convinced that you can change the world, and yes, virtue signaling is a great way to get a personal high, but more than a few years in the "real" world will wash that enthusiasm right out of them, so much so the first time they actually have to eat one of those bug bars, they might smile while they do it, but 90% of them aren't going to ever eat a second.

The donors who keep funding this shit are so out of touch and disconnected with reality that they think the masses are too stupid to not fall for it.
The media elites conflate the disinterest the average person has with them and their message/narratives with obedience, and vastly overestimate their ability to control the masses. When they publish these articles, the fact most people roll their eyes doesn't register. Nor really does the fact that the public doesn't immediately line up and obey.

All that really gets through to them is "There wasn't a riot, so they have successfully been brainwashed to not oppose us! Nudge them a little more and we win!"

That's why the populist rejection of globalism was such a shock to their systems, it really did seem to come from out of the blue, they couldn't see the 30 years of eye-rolling that lead up to it, they arrogantly thought they were in control only because the peasants hadn't openly revolted.... until they suddenly did from their POV.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net

It seems like it's this:

Journalists and lawyers have all been part of a clique for hundreds of years.

The only reason the American Revolution got any steam was because they taxed stamps and pissed off this coordinated group.

Freddy Freaker

Herald of the Superior Future
kiwifarms.net
I haven't watched PBS in a long time, thanks to its content being mostly pozzed woke bullshit every time I check it out, but I thought I'd give it a chance, maybe there'd be something decent buried in there:

View attachment 1032459

It's some creepy soyface leading a presentation on why you should eat bugs, for thanksgiving no less! I assumed it would be something like, 'eww bugs, let me try' but instead its an actual presentation intended to convince.

Fucking PBS.
creepy soy hansen.png

Dysnomia

Absolutely AFABulous
kiwifarms.net

It seems like it's this:

Bugs are everywhere and are fucking free. Yet America dosn't eat them. But please buy our overpriced hipster bug cuisine otherwise you are commiting an -ism.

It's not gonna work. Eating bugs is just not part of American culture like it is in the third world dumpster fires where you have a choice between bugs or dirt for dinner. If we were not western and more brown pushing bug consumption on us would be seen as racist.

Just watching soiboi here is enough to turn me off bugs if I were starving.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
Article said:
That last bit is huge: According to the FAO, over a fourth of the world's land is used for grazing livestock. Another third of the earth is dedicated to growing crops that will be eaten by livestock.
I hate this meme. It's abuse of misleading terminology at its finest. Agricultural land =/= arable land, it just refers to all land utilized by farmers, which includes use by livestock. A lot of that land can't be used for agriculture, hence why it's used for grazing instead. There's a reason why factory farming is a thing: it's far more profitable to use cultivatible land for high-calorie crops and feed animals with it, than to just let it remain grassland

Check out the different percentages of 'arable' vs 'agricultural' lad per country. Mongolia is like 90% agricultural, but only 5% arable. Because most of it is steppe useless for anything but grazing flocks.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I haven't watched PBS in a long time, thanks to its content being mostly pozzed woke bullshit every time I check it out, but I thought I'd give it a chance, maybe there'd be something decent buried in there:

View attachment 1032459

Fucking PBS.
I like how they feel the need to replace non-meat things like flour and fruit with bugs.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if this is a bleated, coordinated attempt to save the GND? Beause everyone laughed at the "no cow farts" part, because everyone said "You can't make a cow stop farting, what are you gonna do? Fine it?"

The "obvious" solution is to make the cows go away by forcing people to eat bugmeat instead of beef.

In fact, that's the way ALL these lib/prog ideas go - Give people one chance to stop doing something because it's bad, and when they refuse, well, destroy the ability to enjoy said thing with a combination of government regulation from the top and peer-pressure that it's a racist/sexist/homophobic last-century thing to do from the bottom.

The GND/Aren't bugs delicious? top/bottom combo is in full effect here because people just won't listen to their betters and stop eating burgers for the sake of the planet.

BTW - this approach never works, and sews resentment against the percieved "no fun/no living a different way than me" party.

Remember when they tried to get rid of coal with the top/down I'm gonna put the miners out of work/ eh, they can just learn to code combo?

Or the common sense gun laws/ one-weekend anti-gun marches that "prove" the public wants guns banned?

When you see protesters, media and politicians on the same page at the same time, be very wary of any authenticity.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino