The food that can feed, and maybe save, the planet: Bugs - By Sandee LaMotte, CNN

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if this is a bleated, coordinated attempt to save the GND? Beause everyone laughed at the "no cow farts" part, because everyone said "You can't make a cow stop farting, what are you gonna do? Fine it?"
Several researchers are trying to reduce the green house gas output of cows
Government isnt giving them sufficent research grants
the green new deal is giving them 0 in research grants and taxes on cows

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
So rich people of course will still have their steaks. The bugs aren't for them. Sounds more like the Green Raw Deal.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
So rich people of course will still have their steaks. The bugs aren't for them. Sounds more like the Green Raw Deal.
No no no

the VAST majority of green house gases submitted into the atmo by man are from cows, pigs, and other livestock.

they will be heavily taxed but the problems they cause wont be reduced so food prices are driven up globally so people HAVE to eat the bugs

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is it progs can't just be contented with a nice, vegetarian/vegan meal of tahini oil drenched hummus, falafel, rice stuffed grape leaves and a big leafy salad?

It's always got to be this transgressive,future frankenfood bullshit that humiliates you and takes away your human dignity.
It’s easier to make someone go along with something they don’t want to do when they have no dignity. Today you’re feeding them bugs. Tomorrow you’re stuffing them into a tube house they’re paying a thousand bucks a month for.

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net
And feel good that their taxes go to a poor african country

so a warlord can use it to supress his people
Or it goes as food "aid" that wipes out whatever local agri economy the place has by flooding the market with cheap staples, and turns low-level but recoverable famine into a complete disaster.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
That's the most annoying thing about the greenies: their utter black-white insistence that their way is the only one forward for le climate, even when it's obvious they don't know they're fucking talking about:

>LOCAL FREE-RANGE MEAT BAD, CORN-FED BUGS AND IMPORTED VEGETABLES GOOD.
>ANYTHING WITH NUCLEAR IN THE NAME 'NUCLEAR' BAD, JUST BURN THE FUCKING TREES AND CALL IT 'BIOFUEL'
>let's combat overpopulation by encouraging sterilization in the eco-conscious West and then just braindrain the Third World to make up for it, nothing wrong with that plan
>We must all make sacrifices and adapt, but don't you dare touch my electronic gadgets, exotic tastes, hordes of pets and generally luxurious upper middle class urbanite lifestyle, bigot

It's a shame the term 'ecofascist' has already been taken, because it describes a lot of these people quite well.

garakfan69

Please be patient, I have idiocy
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna start a kickstarter for an electric fart sniffer that collects the methane of cow farts as biogas.
People pay millions if I advertise it as a revolutionary new technology that will save the planet.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Why is it progs can't just be contented with a nice, vegetarian/vegan meal of tahini oil drenched hummus, falafel, rice stuffed grape leaves and a big leafy salad?

It's always got to be this transgressive,future frankenfood bullshit that humiliates you and takes away your human dignity.
It's never about making the world better. They need to feel superior to you and to everyone else, taking away your dignity is how they do that.

It’s easier to make someone go along with something they don’t want to do when they have no dignity. Today you’re feeding them bugs. Tomorrow you’re stuffing them into a tube house they’re paying a thousand bucks a month for.
And the best way to break someone's will is by making them comply with rules that make zero sense for any reason. If they can convince you that painting your house green is what nazis do and painting your house yellow is the right side of history, the fact that the color of paint used makes no difference is precisely what triggers their marks to take whatever they're told on faith because they become accustomed to the idea that they're never going to understand why they're supposed to follow this or that rule, that's for better people than themselves. Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to go woke and die.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna start a kickstarter for an electric fart sniffer that collects the methane of cow farts as biogas.
People pay millions if I advertise it as a revolutionary new technology that will save the planet.
Actually you dont even need that

its a cow dietary supplement that no one will give money to research

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And the best way to break someone's will is by making them comply with rules that make zero sense for any reason. If they can convince you that painting your house green is what nazis do and painting your house yellow is the right side of history, the fact that the color of paint used makes no difference is precisely what triggers their marks to take whatever they're told on faith because they become accustomed to the idea that they're never going to understand why they're supposed to follow this or that rule, that's for better people than themselves. Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to go woke and die.
And the more humiliating it is, the better for control. So for instance, you shame everyone with green houses and force them to denounce themselves for it, and publicly paint the house while their neighbors watch.

Then you change the rule in six months and shame them for having yellow. It really doesn't matter, so long as it's humiliating.

Eating bugs is in the same vein of rubbing your nose in the shit you're willing to tolerate from them. You're eating bugs. You know you're eating bugs because all the news stories tell you to eat the bugs, you fucking Nazi.

Would you humiliate yourself like this if they were wrong? It must be right, otherwise you are a miserable coward and a cuck, and you're not that, right? You're on the right side of history. That's a much better story to tell yourself as you eat a bug sandwich in the ten minutes break you have while flagellating yourself and painting your house with orange polka dots.

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
It's never about making the world better. They need to feel superior to you and to everyone else, taking away your dignity is how they do that.

Someday, I imagine there will be large walls around the cities, keeping in those who have blindly followed such horrible and demeaning rules for so long. Those who live outside the walls are treated as a myth, and being sent outside them is treated as the ultimate punishment for those who disobey. School is now openly a reprogramming center, and reproduction is done out of necessity, and for no other reason. The government takes the children upon birth, and they are raised to be the next generation of rule followers. Those who make the rules live in the highest floors of the skyscrapers and are practically worshipped as gods. To even marginally question there smallest whim is punishable by being sent over the wall.

I wish I was just writing a dystopian future novel, but I genuinely fear this might happen.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Someday, I imagine there will be large walls around the cities, keeping in those who have blindly followed such horrible and demeaning rules for so long. Those who live outside the walls are treated as a myth, and being sent outside them is treated as the ultimate punishment for those who disobey. School is now openly a reprogramming center, and reproduction is done out of necessity, and for no other reason. The government takes the children upon birth, and they are raised to be the next generation of rule followers. Those who make the rules live in the highest floors of the skyscrapers and are practically worshipped as gods. To even marginally question there smallest whim is punishable by being sent over the wall.

I wish I was just writing a dystopian future novel, but I genuinely fear this might happen.
Lol you're basically describing Midgar from FF7.

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net

Is Ruth Bader Ginsberg still on the supreme court, that's what I want to know.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: frozenrunner

Nigger Man

God's Most Hated Creature
kiwifarms.net
After reading the cold, dry, stiff paper rag that is the “eat bugs!” catastrophe, I believe I deserve a meal filled with large mozzarella sticks, half pound hamburgers, large fries, and lamb meat.

Anyone pushing for a primarily bug-based diet is looking for two bullets to the back of their head once they can’t feed their families. This is the first step towards rationing foods. It’s no wonder why the Demoncrats want to destroy the middle class. If you take away their speech and guns, they can’t fight back.

Nigger Man

God's Most Hated Creature
kiwifarms.net
Y'know, lots of towns and forresty-cities have a huge problem with the overpopulation of deer. Why not push for more of an emphasis on meat consisting of deer products instead of maggots?
That makes me wonder, how much of an industry for deer meat exists? I remember skinning the meat off of a deer. The meat was delicious and I wish I could buy it again. There’s stuff for deer jerky you can buy, but I am not familiar with much else.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino