The gaming confessional box - all your sins and lies will find you out

ultimate_racoon

I fucking spelled raccoon wrong
kiwifarms.net
I played without any spoilers and thought the Stormcloaks were the main quest. Putting me on that cart at the beginning with my pal Ralof to be murdered by the Empire made it cut and dry for me. Then the game kept throwing all these distractions at me like killing the dragon at Whiterun. I was like, I have to get to Windhelm and join Ralof. I thought Balgruuf would join us. When he sided with the Empire I couldn't do it and I wanted to switch sides but the game wouldn't let me. When I had to kill Whiterun guards and then dethrone Balgruuf it destroyed my soul. That was the dumbest thing that they didn't let you switch sides when Balgruuf sides with the Empire.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
I refuse to side with the Stormcloaks in every playthrough because I actually like Jarl Balgruuf. Also, I think the Empire does more good than harm.
What the fuck, is this not the prevailing opinion? Any romance surrounding the Stormcloaks completely collapses the moment you first enter Windhelm. Tullius did nothing wrong.
I usually side with the Storm Cloaks because what the Thalmor are trying to do by banning Talos worship is unravel reality. They want to return to their pre-mortal state, and the Divines hold Mundus together. Talos, although an ascended man, is now part of them.

Reactions: inexplicable ethos

James Roancrest

kiwifarms.net
I usually side with the Storm Cloaks because what the Thalmor are trying to do by banning Talos worship is unravel reality. They want to return to their pre-mortal state, and the Divines hold Mundus together. Talos, although an ascended man, is now part of them.
I go against the Stormcloaks because Ulfric is one of their assets, according to a report you can find during the Thalmor Embassy mission. He may or may not realize it, but he is being used by the Thalmor cause chaos for the Imperials.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
- I like spreadsheet simulators but I also dislike playing with other people so I basically like games that are the videogame equivalent of hitting the "=" button repeatedly on a calculator and watching a number grow. I like to make up my own stories in these games and give myself house rules and use them more as a vessel for role playing. Usually games like this have meaningless traits etc. you can apply to your playstyle (see Stellaris) or are deeply mathematically flawed. (see Stellaris) When I get really bored or have extra time I sometimes make elaborate spreadsheets and graphs to figure out how the games are flawed and how to fix them. Usually then I figure out that fixing them would mean introducing equilibrium which would make the numbers not go up much anymore and would actually maybe be less fun. I was too lazy to ever test this theory in over twenty years by modding.

- I don't give a shit about frame rates. I just don't. I always lock the frame rate to half my monitors refresh rate, even in shooters, even if my computer could easily do it. It makes the graphics card more quiet and often saves a significant amount of electricity and practically halves system requirements. Yes I see the difference between 30 Hz, 60 Hz and 100 Hz, no I don't really care.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
- I don't give a shit about frame rates. I just don't. I always lock the frame rate to half my monitors refresh rate, even in shooters, even if my computer could easily do it. It makes the graphics card more quiet and often saves a significant amount of electricity and practically halves system requirements. Yes I see the difference between 30 Hz, 60 Hz and 100 Hz, no I don't really care.
I'm envious of you. That would make shit much cheaper for me.

Dr. Studman M.D.

Doctor of Thugecology
kiwifarms.net
For almost 8 years I was a keyboard turning clicker in WoW. I also was a tank. For the first two years I also played in 600x800 resolution despite having a big, brand new LCD flat screen monitor.

I play a resto Druid because I can get into any pug and get a participation trophy. Healing is the least stressful role and Resto is a brain dead spec.

Whenever I play a game, I will play a few hour blind, go read some guides and wikis then start a new save. This includes Dark Souls. I spoiled the shit out of myself with that one.

I hate romances in RPGs, the writing is so terrible and I would do romances if it benefits me like if I get a stat boost.

When I hate companion I go out of my way to make them hate me or miserable. I hated the fuck out of that annoying lesbian antifa elf in the latest Dragon Age to the point I didn’t even want her around. I don’t care if she’s so gamebreakingly powerful. I actually did romance Merrill in Dragon Age just so I could be an abusive spouse. It was funny telling her how much of an exceptional individual she was whenever I could. Lmao why is there an option to be absuive partner in that game. I was giddy as fuck when I spared Logain and made him grey warden because it turn Alistair into a homeless drunk.

smallmilk

good for you
kiwifarms.net
When we were kids, me and my sibling could not gather enough braincells to be able to figure out the very first mission of some shitty lego pizza delivery game. We just played it like gta until we got bored.

I also could never get past an auto scrolling level (the second one I think) in Yoshi's island. The only reason I know what the last boss looks like is because my cousin completed the game for me.

Reactions: That Darn Mimic

Swiss46

Clanner Scum
kiwifarms.net
On Everquest i used to give new players strong items and then take them to areas they couldn't handle to "level up faster." Usually they'd die in a place where getting those items back was functionally impossible and id just leave knowing they would either be upset at the loss or waste time trying to get them back.

I'd probably still do this if Everquest had new players.

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
I have spent between 60-100 hours in every mainline TES game since Daggerfall but I have never beaten any one of them. Finishing the story is not the appeal. I spent more time trying to get money to buy a house in Daggerfall than I ever did pursuing the main quest.
I haven't played any Elder Scroll game since Daggerfall, but yeah, same here. It didn't help that the main story was so god damn hard to follow the bread crumbs for, and the dungeons were a crazy tangled nightmare web of corridors and secret passages. So I just ran around and stabbed fuckers, accrued wealth and oogled Azura's big daedric tiddies.

• Agree
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I almost always side with the Empire, but the Stormcloaks do have a point. Talos' avatar in Morrowind very plainly states that it's fine for the Empire to end.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
I can’t be arsed to clean out my computer case so I took it and the new parts to a store and gave them 50 bucks.

• Feels
Reactions: BSC

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Same with me, stable performance is the most important part for me. If it's 60fps 90% of the time and 30fps for the other 10%, then I'm going with 30. Old PC gaming settled me into that habit. Late 90's/early 00's games had atrocious performance balancing even when running on the latest and greatest. Tune the settings for a game on the first level and get 100+ fps, on the later part of the second level that changes to 25fps with tearing, third level is 40, fourth is back to 100 and so on. The fluctuations drove me mad.
It could be seen in the Unreal 1 intro where it ran at 60fps and then the camera turned towards the moat with the patch of volumetric fog and bam, 15fps on SLI voodoo 2s which was the fastest thing around at the time.

As long as it is stable I don't care if it's 720p@30, if it jumps around it triggers my graphics menu OCD and I'm now tweaking and benchmarking the game instead of playing it.

BSC

butthurt over e-stickers
kiwifarms.net
- I think Dark Souls 3 is the best game of the series.

- I think Witcher 3 is overrated af.

- I used to be one of those guys who got the new Madden game every year. Had every copy from 95-05. That basically stopped once I moved out and had to start paying for my own shit however. I legitimately think that back then the series was worth buying every year, there were notable improvements from year-to-year, other than updated rosters. It's depressing to see what EA's done to the franchise in recent years. Even more depressing that morons still buy it up mindlessly. We're never going to get a good NFL videogame while EA has their iron grip on the license. :(

- Probably going to buy Mount and Blade Bannerlord the day it releases into early access (currently planned for March 31). Been waiting for this game for what feels like forever. Please don't disappoint me Taleworlds.

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
Two Sin of Sins:

I think Quake is immensely superior to Doom. The world feels a lot scarier and grimmer than a literal invasion of hell, the powerups are better, and the tech makes it easier to have people later on try it. I think it honestly had more of an impact on gaming than Doom. You can argue that Doom paved the way, but the real trailblazer was definitely Quake. Also its a bit unfair to say this, but the Quake Soundtrack still is one of the best and atmospheric, and no EXTREME ROCK METAL REMIXES on YouTube can fix the fact that Dooms soundtrack was beeping and booping which ripped off Megadeth.

Doom 4 sucked MASSIVE cock. It was literally Brutal Doom (which is the edgiest, lamest shit ever by the way, fuck off with that HARDCORE BRO faggot-shit) with slippery game play, it felt more like Quake and even stole Quad Damage from it. Glory Kills are the most eye-rolling shit to me, and its so built into the main gameplay that simply turning them off shows how reliant it is on them. The music sucked too, and that hurts because Mick Gordon did so great on the Wolfenstein games and then shits the bed for Doom.

I think Witcher 3 is overrated af.
Thank you for saying this. People won't shut the fuck up about it, but even Oblivion has more RPG elements, and the Elder Scrolls has a more focused lore that doesn't confuse anyone playing for the first time. But it's pretty, and it has tits, so fuck if the combat is sloppy and the games buggier than Mexican lettuce, ITS THE BEST RPG OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS*

*please note that all other good RPG's in the past few years are almost all small indie devs that don't have the money CDProjekt does to bribe reviewers advertise

Tags
None