The General Thread -

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
iMac. Better screen, and if you do a whoopsy and spill anything worst case you’re just put a keyboard.

Go whole hog and get the Magic Trackpad too.

Inb4 “Abloobloobloo apple bad”
Okay then here is another question:
Should I get the latest iMac with an i7, or should I get an iMac with a dual core i5 for programming and making music then use a Mac Mini for rendering videos.

My thinking is I would use the mini for the CPU heavy stuff then the iMac for general computing/programming/music.
That way I wouldn't be slowed down while rendering a video.

UngaWunga

Time Vapire
kiwifarms.net
Should I get the latest iMac with an i7, or should I get an iMac with a dual core i5 for programming and making music then use a Mac Mini for rendering videos.
I’ve been having some trouble doing music on my i5 but I suspect that has more to do with the spinning disk HDD and possibly ram. I don’t know much about these new fangled hybrid hdds they’re into now but I suspect that would help.

But if it’s in your budget fuck yeah get the newer beefier one.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You should do neither, and instead reveal the innermost machinations of the universe to us in a painstaking effortpost.

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
I’ve been having some trouble doing music on my i5 but I suspect that has more to do with the spinning disk HDD and possibly ram. I don’t know much about these new fangled hybrid hdds they’re into now but I suspect that would help.

But if it’s in your budget fuck yeah get the newer beefier one.
But what about when I'm rendering a video or doing something really CPU heavy?
Would it be better to have multiple computers for that situation, or would the i7 (six cores 3.2ghz) in the latest iMac be enough?
I don't want to be lagging for hours while trying to do other things on the same machine.

You should do neither, and instead reveal the innermost machinations of the universe to us in a painstaking effortpost.
If I start a patreon and this whole forum donates thousands to me every month then I'll make a youtube series on how the universe and reality work with AAA production and a green screen with yours truly.

UngaWunga

Time Vapire
kiwifarms.net
But what about when I'm rendering a video or doing something really CPU heavy?
Would it be better to have multiple computers for that situation, or would the i7 (six cores 3.2ghz) in the latest iMac be enough?
I don't want to be lagging for hours while trying to do other things on the same machine.
I don’t know much about video stuff but I’d think you’d have that happen on either. If that’s a deal breaker go for the 2 computer option.

But really, if you’ve got a two computer kinda budget just get that stupid nice iMac pro with the 4K screen.

Edit: and an external GPU

Dink Smallwood

True final boss of the internet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I start a patreon and this whole forum donates thousands to me every month then I'll make a youtube series on how the universe and reality work with AAA production and a green screen with yours truly.
I'll give you the change in my pocket, is that good enough

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Looking back, a lot of the gaming-focused furry communities always had this elite clique of pokemons.

No idea why, but especially Eevees were always at the top of the chain. Harbleu of Overwatch 'fame' and his tranny queen were both 24/7 TF2 Eevee snipers. Wonder what about pokemon attracts both kids but also 'ironic' capable gaming furs.

YayLasagna

Drooling from above you
kiwifarms.net
Looking back, a lot of the gaming-focused furry communities always had this elite clique of pokemons.

No idea why, but especially Eevees were always at the top of the chain. Harbleu of Overwatch 'fame' and his tranny queen were both 24/7 TF2 Eevee snipers. Wonder what about pokemon attracts both kids but also 'ironic' capable gaming furs.
This is funny to me because an Eevee would be easy to punt.

Noel Edmonds

Britain's first TV theme park!
kiwifarms.net
Is anyone else watching the Billboard Music Awards right now? Imagine Dragons just sperged the fuck out about troons in front of an entirely disinterested audience. And we're not even 45 minutes in!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino