The Ghostbusters Thread (Old, New, Animated, Whatever) -

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As you may have heard, the official trailer for the 2016 Ghostbusters movie has been released today. As of this typing, it is sitting at 44K likes versus 67K dislikes

This, combined with the knowledge that the main villain of the movie is
apparently the Ghostbusters logo... I shit you not...

...has killed any and all interest for this movie.

So, instead of making a thread about whining about how movie studios can't leave a good thing be, I wanted to instead make a thread about all things Ghostbusters. Sperg here about the original movies, how you're the only person that likes Extreme Ghostbusters, motherfucking Ecto Cooler, whatever.

And yeah, since we're all opinionated assholes, you can bitch about the new movie. Or that you're actually excited, which is cool I guess, more movie popcorn for you.

BatNapalm

Killed Captain Clown
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact, I'm kinda sorta related to a dude who was an executive producer on Extreme Ghostbusters.

Also, I've been on and off watching the shitstorm happen in the youtube comments page since I got off work. Unsurprisingly, the movie looks like absolute dogshit, but I've been laughing my tits off at some of the comments bashing the hell out of the trailer (which are being promptly deleted by Sony, who are in total damage control mode). In my safe spaaaaaace (my safe space). Bullyproof windows, trollsafe doors ect.

And we're now up to over 80k dislikes VS 55k likes.

Last edited:

Funnybone

Needs her password stapled to her forehead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I didn't automatically hate the movie when I found out about the all-female cast. I was like, "Hey if they execute it right that's all that matters."
Now after seeing the trailer I am convinced it is just gonna be pure garbage. The jokes are just "lol awkward" "lol I'm crazy black lady". I didn't laugh or smile watching that trailer-- which is, ya know, what Ghostbusters is supposed to make you do-- if you fuck that up there is no point to the franchise. Also too many fucking lame looking ghosts, those are the worst designs ever.

KFC

✈ ✈ █ █
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to be honest; the trailer for the 2016 movie was one of the unfunniest things I've seen in a while. I can get past the obvious attempt to get the attention of the social justice crowd, but not a single joke was funny. Whatever, it's just another Hollywood cashgrab.

Also, unpopular opinion, but Ghostbusters II was only decent. It wasn't THAT good.

And bring back Ecto Cooler.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I really liked Extreme GhostBusters and I'm one of those people who will defend it. I know about the PC casting, but I can let it go since it's set in modern New York so a variety of races going to the same college can easily happen. It also answered my childhood wish for a female GhostBuster. As for Gerrit and his disability, I can respect the reason the creators did it was that they thought it would be a fun challenge. (He was originally going to walk, but the writers weren't having as much fun writing him.) As a result, the writing staff enjoyed working with the character. In my opinion, that's the good kind of inclusion that fits with the setting and the writer enjoys working with. The darker story lines, a great use of the golem myth and the group had some really good chemistry. I felt like the show had a lot of potential.

Now what about the Filmation Ghostbusters?

Reactions: _blank_

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...I'm sorry, what?
That was pretty much my reaction too. Literally had to pause the video and sit back, just staring at the screen, trying to process what I just heard. Was certain I misheard a part of it so I had to watch it a few more times. Unfortunately I heard it right the first time and it still doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Actually, I really liked Extreme GhostBusters and I'm one of those people who will defend it. I know about the PC casting, but I can let it go since it's set in modern New York so a variety of races going to the same college can easily happen. It also answered my childhood wish for a female GhostBuster. As for Gerrit and his disability, I can respect the reason the creators did it was that they thought it would be a fun challenge. (He was originally going to walk, but the writers weren't having as much fun writing him.) As a result, the writing staff enjoyed working with the character. In my opinion, that's the good kind of inclusion that fits with the setting and the writer enjoys working with. The darker story lines, a great use of the golem myth and the group had some really good chemistry. I felt like the show had a lot of potential.

Now what about the Filmation Ghostbusters?
That fair enough. And really, I have absolutely no problem with the idea of female ghostbusters, just grinds my gears when that is the main selling point and the rest seems to have been reheated from the original movie and/or trying their best to distract me with bright colors.

Also, Filmation Ghostbusters taught us all about the importance of saying no to drugs by assaulting drug dealers, so they're alright in my book.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing from the trailer I thought was funny was the main character saying the slime was very hard to clean out. That was kinda funny.
I really hate overly edgy quirky slightly autistic female engineer characters. It's funny when it' s Ed from Cowboy Bebop but she is like 10.
I'm disappointed they likely fucked this up but I'm also not sure why its supposed to be some big feminism thing in the first place.

Tags
None