The Ghostbusters Thread (Old, New, Animated, Whatever) -

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Any time now, faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Damn where's the love for literally everyone else though? I love Egon but there's literally everyone else and Ernie is in good enough shape to take down a horse so I hope they use him for something smh

I'm waiting to see more but it feels like they're diving too deep into the lore right off the bat.

Also wouldn't it be more appropriate for Ray's family to have kept Ecto??? Unless....

:thinking:

Last edited:

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about it more, this feels like they're making a sequel to the entire Ghostbusters franchise (including the stuff aimed at 80s kids like the cartoons), not just the movies. I can see the argument for that, but I doubt it's a good idea.

This is just a trailer, but I didn't perceive the absurd tone of the first two films in this one. I hope they're misrepresenting the film for marketing purposes...

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Any time now, faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about it more, this feels like they're making a sequel to the entire Ghostbusters franchise (including the stuff aimed at 80s kids like the cartoons), not just the movies. I can see the argument for that, but I doubt it's a good idea.

This is just a trailer, but I didn't perceive the absurd tone of the first two films in this one. I hope they're misrepresenting the film for marketing purposes...
I wonder if it'll have a more Extreme-style feel but tfw no goth gf Kylie for everyone to freak out about

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
So, that was a trailer. I can now certiantly imagine how the pitch meeting went.
"Everybody loves that Stranger Things show right? Well let's just make that ...but with ghosts! Hey, maybe we can even hire some of those Stranger Things kids?"
As mash ups go, Stranger Things is a better fit then the last pitch meeting, ("OMG peeps, how about Bridesmaids meets Ghostbusters!"), but it still reeks of yet another Ghostbusters movie that wishes it wasn't a Ghostbusters movie.

Last edited:

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bill Murry had two decades where he could have said yes to Ghostbusters 3 and i'd have been there day 1 must see, but not now don't see much of a point. Missing an arguably irreplaceable key character and this is clearly Sony wanting pats on the ass for "listening to the fans" they didn't mind calling women hating basement dwellers during the reboot.
Ramis and Murray were famously against a third film for a reason. Mainly because Ackroyd was already becoming creatively bankrupt by the back end of the 80s. Hence the second movie being just a rehash (albeit a good one).

The third movie script was a rambling mess about the Cult of Gozer and more architectural sperging because lots of people saw the "Ghost channelling architecture" as a neat thing in the first movie and god help you if Ackroyd wasn't going to ride that bitch into the ground (which he did with the Pneumatic Railroad tunnels in 2 to a lesser degree). It was mostly hacked to pieces and shoved into the first Ghostbusters Video Game and predominantly dumped into the flavour text rather than front and centre.

Ramis would fight a third movie right up to his death too, which is a shame as the elements seen in this movie seem pretty good. Not enough hard cut absurdities as per the first movie, but then we've kind of moved on cinematic-ally from such hard cut jokes.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I liked the new trailer.

Is this movie necessary? No. However, I think that the movie looks like there's effort and love put into it. I'm also OK with kids being the focus of this. To me, it comes across as how a lot of us felt when we were kids watching the first Ghostbusters movie and the cartoon series; a movie made from that perspective.

Plus I really like Jason Reitman as a director. I think he has a keen sense of comedic timing, and I hope that becomes more present than the trailer is leading on.

Thank Fuck For Evil Otto

He lived the life of a black man, authentically.
kiwifarms.net

Assuming this takes place in present day, aren't these kids too old to be Egon's grandchildren?
A diverse cast of kids, including that famous Netflix one you like, become ghostbusters under the tutelage of a loveable bumbling Paul Rudd, with memberberries for all. This will probably be made into a franchise as it will be popular with kids. Expect a slimer-like ghost to emblazon on all the toys. Nuke Hollywood.

Damn where's the love for literally everyone else though? I love Egon but there's literally everyone else and Ernie is in good enough shape to take down a horse so I hope they use him for something smh

I'm waiting to see more but it feels like they're diving too deep into the lore right off the bat.

Also wouldn't it be more appropriate for Ray's family to have kept Ecto??? Unless....

:thinking:
It should have been Ernie Hudson operating a Ghostbusters franchise somewhere in the midwest. Ghostbusting has been around for 40 years. Its mundane, like hiring a plumber. Not much money in it. He's tired, he's bored. He never married, never had kids. On the weekends he teaches Tae Kwon Do. That's where he future Ghostbusters come from, his martial arts students. Their ages span from elementary school to elderly. It could be a fun adventure like Gremlins 2 - nothing too serious.

After 40 years of busting ghosts there has long been a dry spell. Until something happens. Then the slimy shit hits the ghostfan. His current Ghostbusters employees are part-time firefighters and perish in the Great Big Thing That Happens. He doesnt so much as recruit his students, as they end up being forced to defned themselves on-the-fly, while trapped in some large somewhere - I vote abandoned old mall! Yes, the franchise is in an almost vacant indoor mall. That could provide a creepy and '80s-nostalgic atmosphere.

The amount of '80s and '90s nostalgia alone would sell the film, not to mention the Ghostbusters nostalgia. A veritable memberberries cornucopia. None of the other old characters need to make cameos at all. That is cheap and crass, that is to be avoided. Just Ernie. He was always the anchor, let him run the show.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I think that looks great.

Very different than what I expected, though I didn't really know what to expect, but combing the whole "kids on an adventure" genre ala Goonies with Ghostbusters? Sounds like a good idea to me and it's a more unique idea than Ghostbusters 2.

I've literally waited my entire life for this movie, lol.

Last edited:

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Ghostbusters is one of those movies I watch once a year around Halloween time because, fuck it, it is perfect for October viewing.

As a kid, I always went back and forth on who my favorite was: Peter or Egon. I loved Peter for his sarcasm and Bill Murray's, uh, Bill Murray-ness, and I loved Egon for being the dry nerdy tech guy of the group (Kind of like Donatello and Spock rolled into one character).

But the more I watch the film, the more I appreciate Winston's role in the group. He comes into the film late, yet still manages to leave an impact. His whole speech to Ray about the bible and the end of the world is one of the best (and most underrated) scenes in the movie. He also brought more of a down to Earth perspective to things. The others were wrapped up in their own beliefs and goals and Winston was just a guy working for a paycheck, so he was a bit more grounded ("No offense, but I've gotta get my own lawyer").

When I look at what the four Ghostbusters bring to the table, I see Egon as the brain, Peter as the mouth, and Ray as the heart. All very important, but Winston is the legs. He keeps them grounded and stable, and represented growth and forward movement for the business.

Tags
None