The Ghostbusters Thread (Old, New, Animated, Whatever) -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you imagine if the movie came out this month and they did promotion like that in China? All the Corona-infected people would be running outside thinking it was an ambulance to save them.
I suspect this was just some rando because there was a car show up the road today.

As for "Ghostbusters: The Franchise"? Oh yeah if they hadn't have shit the bed so much I mean Ghostbusters 2 it easily could have been LOL FUCK SKIPPING THE WORDFILTERed like Star Trek or Doctor Who.
There's that Japanese show "Ghost Negotiator Tenma" that sony was involved in so there was nobody to sue them that absolutely demonstrated "Ghostbusters But They're The Local Region" can be a successful concept.

• Informative
Reactions: frozenrunner

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
How many Bond movies had been made by 1983? Maybe something can't keep going forever without losing creative juices but Bond at least had a run of several movies before it got stale, Ghostbusters has only had 2 (I do NOT consider the 2016 one to count at all fyi)

I liked Ghostbusters 2 a lot as a kid but even I recognized the plot as rehashing the same story beats as the first movie, but what was there that was different was good enough, at least we got to spend more time with the characters and the humor was still funny, I'm glad Ghostbusters 2 exists at all even in a flawed form.

And Vigo was different enough from Gozer as a villain to be interesting, Gozer was some powerful entity from another dimension, Vigo was essentially a "super ghost", the ghost of a man so evil it gave him powers beyond your normal ghost.

Sometimes that's all you need is an interesting enough villain and threat to stop.
I always thought 2016 could've worked if it wasn't a reboot. Have it set in Chicago, have one of them find an old mail-in voucher for ghostbusting stuff, like Ray set up a franchising thing, when weird things start happening. Have the supplied stuff just be old blueprints that are hilariously out of date from the late 80's, which allows for the new set to take that and build new stuff with modern tech that hadn't been thought of. Blah, blah, blah, ghosts of some kind in Chicago taking over. Etc. etc. etc.

You could have a franchise that stays in a city, then moves somewhere completely different after a couple of movies.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
How threatening do you guys hope the ghosts to be in the new movie? Yeah the protagonists are going to be kids, but I'm hoping for some fucked up shit like the Cenobites-esque looking dudes from Extreme Ghostbusters who kept turning people into horrible flesh sculptures. Also I would not have said no to a movie that was literally just Extreme Ghostbusters

View attachment 1188059
I'm definitely hoping they will be intimidating.

I always thought 2016 could've worked if it wasn't a reboot. Have it set in Chicago, have one of them find an old mail-in voucher for ghostbusting stuff, like Ray set up a franchising thing, when weird things start happening. Have the supplied stuff just be old blueprints that are hilariously out of date from the late 80's, which allows for the new set to take that and build new stuff with modern tech that hadn't been thought of. Blah, blah, blah, ghosts of some kind in Chicago taking over. Etc. etc. etc.

You could have a franchise that stays in a city, then moves somewhere completely different after a couple of movies.
I'm actually glad they didn't do that, assuming it would be the same cast and the same quality of comedy, then it's a good thing it's it's own continuity and can thus be safely ignored, I shudder to think if they wanted to pass that crap off as being the same world as the first two movies.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net

I still can't believe they just didn't have a passing of the torch though. They're reviving a hit movie from the 80's and fans have been frothing at the mouth for a true sequel from the one and off talks of GB3 for years, most of the people who would care are gonna be fans of said movie anyway. A simple "these are guys are old, here's the new team to step up" would have been fine because these fuckers are old and sadly, Ramis is dead so a sequel with just the original cast wouldn't have felt right. As long as the movie showed proper respect to the old team it could have been a win-win for Sony, they could have squeezed some nostalgia bucks out of the oldguard and push their female team into the spotlight at the same time with less teeth gnashing. Of course this all assumes the movie had better writing. The old crew with the writing of Ghostbusters 2016 would still be trash

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

much like modern Star Wars, the greatest sadness is from how literally any sped could have a better idea for a sequel

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
kiwifarms.net
At this point, I don't care much whether or not the new Ghostbusters movie is "good", but I do hope that they at least use the *good* version of the theme song in the new one...

Biffo

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the longer cut has all the plot and character arcs or if it's just more unfunny improv.

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
I still can't believe they just didn't have a passing of the torch though. They're reviving a hit movie from the 80's and fans have been frothing at the mouth for a true sequel from the one and off talks of GB3 for years, most of the people who would care are gonna be fans of said movie anyway. A simple "these are guys are old, here's the new team to step up" would have been fine because these fuckers are old and sadly, Ramis is dead so a sequel with just the original cast wouldn't have felt right. As long as the movie showed proper respect to the old team it could have been a win-win for Sony, they could have squeezed some nostalgia bucks out of the oldguard and push their female team into the spotlight at the same time with less teeth gnashing. Of course this all assumes the movie had better writing. The old crew with the writing of Ghostbusters 2016 would still be trash
That was never ever going to happen, because the entire point of Paul Fag's garbage was to shame the HUWHITE MAIL audiences into watching it like little obedient cucks so that they could go all soapbox on them.

I mean the villain was the classic Elliot Rodger Beta Uprising feminist boogeyman for fuck's sake.

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
So I guess Paul Fag want's to do a directors cut of Ghostbusters 2016.
The only way this comment could be acceptable is if Feig saw "the Snyder cut" hoopla and decided to make a joke. "Oh, so we're getting excited for extended director cuts of terrible, failed movies, are we?"

But we know Feig doesn't have a genuinely self-deprecating bone in his body.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The toys have leaked months early and made it onto store shelves well before the movie.

Everything has sold out within the weekend.

They have the backpacks, the ghost trap, the Ecto-1, literally everything was bought up by fans or scalpers.

Tags
None