The Great Blackface Purge of 2020 - oh lawd chille we politically incorrect naw

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Netflix has pulled the “Community” Season 2 episode “Advanced Dungeons & Dragons,” which features Ken Jeong’s character, Ben Chang, wearing blackface during a game of “Dungeons & Dragons,”
“Advanced Dungeons & Dragons,” the 14th episode of Season 2 of “Community,”
Sony Pictures Television declined to comment.
Representatives for Hulu and Harmon did not immediately respond.

Three episodes of medical comedy series "Scrubs" have been removed from Hulu because they feature white actors in blackface.
They were taken down from the streaming platform at the request of producers and with the studio's support.
The episodes were titled "My Friend the Doctor" (Season 3, episode 8), "My Jiggly Ball" (Season 5, episode 4) and "My Chopped Liver" (Season 5, episode 17).

A scene from “The Office” in which a character appears in blackface has been edited out.
The scene from the 2012 episode “Dwight Christmas.”
It will no longer appear on Netflix or in syndication (it also will not be on Peacock in 2021).

"Today we cut a shot of an actor wearing blackface that was used to criticize a specific racist European practice. Blackface is unacceptable and making the point so graphically is hurtful and wrong. I am sorry for the pain that caused.”

Its Always Sunny has removed an episode.

Also Cleveland voice actor is stepping down and Sinpsons actors are no longer playing poc for some reason.

The Mixed Blessings episode of Golden Girls had also been pointlessly removed from Hulu

Last edited:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Netflix has pulled the “Community” Season 2 episode “Advanced Dungeons & Dragons,” which features Ken Jeong’s character, Ben Chang, wearing blackface during a game of “Dungeons & Dragons,”
That was a Drow. Though I can understand how you can confuse a race of bloodthirsty, rapey, sadistic, treacherous, and hedonistic dark skinned people with subterranean elves.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's Always Sunny removed an episode as well

View attachment 1408823

Yet a season 9 episode, The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6 is still available to watch even though it contains black face scenes.
I don't remember Dee being in blackface in the episode they removed. Mac is, but she isn't. She is in the episode you mention that they didn't remove. Mac is again too.

Pee Wee Herman

Lord of the Playhouse
kiwifarms.net
I don't remember Dee being in blackface in the episode they removed. Mac is, but she isn't. She is in the episode you mention that they didn't remove. Mac is again too.
Actually, now that you mention it, she does Latino face in a few early season episodes. @jellycar Might as well list everything mentioned as the thread progresses in the OP

Tags
None