The Great Purge

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Ravelord

How quickly the tide turns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I already was using a dummy hotmail account, but I switched to lolcow.email just in case (and also because I don't know if you're gonna filter msn/hotmail/outlook accounts). And I guess I'll set up the VPN soon just for being a bit more secure.

Cable 7

kiwifarms.net
On the topic of steam profiles, do you have anything to say about the Kiwi Farms Stream Group? Is that getting deleted or soemthing of the ilk?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
On the topic of steam profiles, do you have anything to say about the Kiwi Farms Stream Group? Is that getting deleted or soemthing of the ilk?
The one I owned was reported by Vordrak and taken down about 6 months ago. Vordrak tried to fucking slander Gabe Newell over getting steam accounts banned, too, lol. If you're in a steam group that's affiliated to us, good luck with that.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are specific cock.li domains not allowed? Firemail.cc is blocked by the spam filter.

Lazuli

kiwifarms.net
I'm glad to see that Null is taking the right steps toward protecting all of the userbase incase of a database leak. Especially since there have been individuals out there that have attempted to grab user data from here. I already changed my email address on here recently as a precaution. (no it wasn't gov/edu)
It doesn't stop people when they dox themselves anyway :P

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am debating increasing our support for the Tor network.

Since outright banning is pretty all or nothing, you could consider something like dumping any account registered from there straight into the moderation queue and only removing it after 5+ posts. Most of the kind of idiots who would abuse that would have their first post be autistic screeching anyway, and even having to wait for 5 low effort shitposts to get approved would at least slow them down. Think mrz and his immediate shitposting about pedo shit every time he showed up from tor.

That might be too much overhead to bother with, but it's worth considering. I'd suggest waiting a couple days before even bothering with approving stuff, since if anyone is that paranoid, they can wait a couple days.

Milktheturtle

Turtle raising cow
kiwifarms.net
Are Protonmail chill? I'm using one as a dummy account so I wanna know just in case

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lifted. I'll double-check. VC's domain list is huge now.

I got lazy and decided to just make a Lolcow Email address too, so it's all good. Thanks, though!

Also, on the topic of general security I think a lot of people would benefit from the inconvenience of using a password generator-manager like KeePass. Recycling the same shitty password is a bad habit for the best of us and if you spend a lot of time on a desktop, KeePass is worthwhile for creating and storing dozens of robust passwords. You only need to remember a master password and it can be used from a USB stick. Just make sure to back up your database file physically or on a cloud service.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I got lazy and decided to just make a Lolcow Email address too, so it's all good. Thanks, though!

Also, on the topic of general security I think a lot of people would benefit from the inconvenience of using a password generator-manager like KeePass. Recycling the same shitty password is a bad habit for the best of us and if you spend a lot of time on a desktop, KeePass is worthwhile for creating and storing dozens of robust passwords. You only need to remember a master password and it can be used from a USB stick. Just make sure to back up your database file physically or on a cloud service.

Might not be a bad idea. I'm the worst offender when it comes to reusing passwords.