The Great Purge

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for doing this, Null
I guess I'm curious if anything could possibly be done about PMs. I'm sure lots of us have information in there. idk if that's possible.

Oh well, I've long considered the possibility of being doxxed from here, but I don't piss off people like Vordak and I've never had an employer actually find anything about me on google. Which I've taken measures against anyway, on top of being fortune to have the same name as other more famous people

I laughed at the .gov address, I wish I knew who that was lol

Randy Lahey

Trailer Park Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So if I signed up with a throwaway email, do I have to do anything?

edit: awesome

Ouija Board

Worldwide Gangster Computer God
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am using an old Yahoo account that I never use anyways and it doesn't have any important info on me. I've never used or needed to use a VPN so that is pretty daunting to me, I am not a computer geek. I am just wondering if you are still going to allow Yahoo emails or not. I might just get an lolcow email though.

Null

Custodian of Records, King of Lies, Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I am using an old Yahoo account that I never use anyways and it doesn't have any important info on me. I've never used or needed to use a VPN so that is pretty daunting to me, I am not a computer geek. I am just wondering if you are still going to allow Yahoo emails or not. I might just get an lolcow email though.
The only things I block are 5 minute email accounts (and now any .edu or .gov address). I ask people use a real email account and setup forwarding so I can keep in touch.

Closet Sorcerer

And then I found 5 dollars
kiwifarms.net
First thing I did was to set up a Lolcow Email and grab a VPN when I came here among the good ol' "Use a username you never used before" so I'm set.

Still, thanks for taking this head on @Null . Truly you are the One True Master Kiwi.

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, on the topic of general security I think a lot of people would benefit from the inconvenience of using a password generator-manager like KeePass. Recycling the same shitty password is a bad habit for the best of us and if you spend a lot of time on a desktop, KeePass is worthwhile for creating and storing dozens of robust passwords. You only need to remember a master password and it can be used from a USB stick. Just make sure to back up your database file physically or on a cloud service.
Eh, I just use my full name and social security number as a password for everything. It's always worked out.