The Great Reset | World Economic Forum Megathread

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
The upside of meat alternatives that they are more industrial and you can't do it at home. Controlling the food supply is simply a big powergrab. And corporations will go along with it because it will be possibly more predictable for them to grow "protein" and process it compared to actual animals.

Classical agriculture is easy, anybody after the neolithic age can do it. This processed insect power, cloned meat etc. stuff? You better have huge capital investment and logistical support and plants.

Also on some level... how many insects you need to kill to replace one Cow? Sure, they are just bugs but even grasshoppers don't want to die. lol
I'm surprised I haven't seen more vegan outcry on this but they usually only argue for the cute animals. Even with a bug genocide most of them would prefer it over even a single cow being harmed.

teriyakiburns

Party like it's 1848
kiwifarms.net
Classical agriculture is easy
No, it's simple. Plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we harvest the seed. Sounds simple. Keeping the seed safe long enough to be harvested and well enough to provide enough to live on is where it gets difficult and therefore stops being "easy", and that's before you get onto things like crop rotation and the use of animals to maintain soil productivity.

If you want easy, grow potatoes; they grow in just about everything and fix nitrogen while they're at it. If you want to grow wheat, or a field of cows, be prepared for difficulty. Feckin cows die if you look at them funny.

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
💬 Off-Topic Mod 💬
kiwifarms.net
What should one procure to survive the Great Reset and all around it with one's life, dignity, and soul, intact?
Know that you were always going to be screwed over by somebody, somewhere, eventually. And try to enjoy watching your fellow man get dragged down to Hell with you. Most of them deserve it.

Hollywood Hitler

Little pig, little pig, let...me...in!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After thinking about it for a long time I think you can have it two ways:
You keep your life at the expense of your dignity and soul.
You keep your dignity and soul, but you die.

This stuff and the broader things around it pretty much broke me.
I'd rather die with my dignity and soul. A soulless life with 0 dignity intact isn't a life, or a life worth living.

Utilitarian Clit Dick

kiwifarms.net
No, it's simple. Plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we harvest the seed. Sounds simple. Keeping the seed safe long enough to be harvested and well enough to provide enough to live on is where it gets difficult and therefore stops being "easy", and that's before you get onto things like crop rotation and the use of animals to maintain soil productivity.

If you want easy, grow potatoes; they grow in just about everything and fix nitrogen while they're at it. If you want to grow wheat, or a field of cows, be prepared for difficulty. Feckin cows die if you look at them funny.
For anyone interesting in classical agrarian practises, Varro's 'On Farming' (Res rusticae) is a fascinating insight into every aspect of farm/estate life in the early Roman period. It draws on a lot of even older texts throughout.

I'm not even close to being a farmer, but it easily ranks as one of the most interesting books I've ever read. English translations are pretty hard to come by, but I'm sure something is available online.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
What should one procure to survive the Great Reset and all around it with one's life, dignity, and soul, intact?
Put your faith in God and God only. God will not let his men be corrupted and brought to destruction. This does not necessarily mean that you will physically survive what's coming, you might be tortured and die an agonizing death but after being martyred you will live forever in the new world with Jesus. Just persevere till the end and you'll be saved

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
Put your faith in God and God only. God will not let his men be corrupted and brought to destruction. This does not necessarily mean that you will physically survive what's coming, you might be tortured and die an agonizing death but after being martyred you will live forever in the new world with Jesus. Just persevere till the end and you'll be saved
At least, try not to let them break your spirit/soul. While they claim don't believe in the concept as a whole, they sure try to break it really hard. I certainly got into a more spiritual worldview, perhaps as a reaction to this spreadsheet driven world.

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
What's the next step of your master plan? (Crashing this economy with no survivors)

The Opportunity of the Net Zero Transition​

There is no company whose business model won’t be profoundly affected by the transition to a net zero economy – one that emits no more carbon dioxide than it removes from the atmosphere by 2050, the scientifically-established threshold necessary to keep global warming well below 2ºC. As the transition accelerates, companies with a well-articulated long-term strategy, and a clear plan to address the transition to net zero, will distinguish themselves with their stakeholders – with customers, policymakers, employees and shareholders – by inspiring confidence that they can navigate this global transformation. But companies that are not quickly preparing themselves will see their businesses and valuations suffer, as these same stakeholders lose confidence that those companies can adapt their business models to the dramatic changes that are coming.
It’s important to recognize that net zero demands a transformation of the entire economy. Scientists agree that in order to meet the Paris Agreement goal of containing global warming to “well below 2 degrees above pre-industrial averages” by 2100, human-produced emissions need to decline by 8-10% annually between 2020 and 2050 and achieve “net zero” by mid-century. The economy today remains highly dependent on fossil fuels, as is reflected in the carbon intensity of large indexes like the S&P 500 or the MSCI World, which are currently on trajectories substantially over 3ºC.2
That means a successful transition – one that is just, equitable, and protects people’s livelihoods – will require both technological innovation and planning over decades. And it can only be accomplished with leadership, coordination, and support at every level of government, working in partnership with the private sector to maximize prosperity. Vulnerable communities and developing nations, many of them already exposed to the worst physical impacts of climate change, can least afford the economic shocks of a poorly implemented transition. We must implement it in a way that delivers the urgent change that is needed without worsening this dual burden.
While the transition will inevitably be complex and difficult, it is essential to building a more resilient economy that benefits more people. I have great optimism about the future of capitalism and the future health of the economy – not in spite of the energy transition, but because of it.
Of course, investors cannot prepare their portfolios for this transition unless they understand how each and every company is prepared both for the physical threats of climate change and the global economy’s transition to net zero. They are asking managers like BlackRock to accelerate our data and analysis capabilities in this area – and we are committed to meeting their needs.

Why Data and Disclosure Matter​

Assessing sustainability risks requires that investors have access to consistent, high-quality, and material public information. This is why last year, we asked all companies to report in alignment with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), which covers a broader set of material sustainability factors. We are greatly encouraged by the progress we have seen over the past year – a 363% increase in SASB disclosures and more than 1,700 organizations expressing support for the TCFD. (BlackRock issued our own inaugural TCFD and SASB reports last year.)
TCFD reports are the global standard for helping investors understand the most material climate-related risks that companies face, and how companies are managing them. Given how central the energy transition will be to every company’s growth prospects, we are asking companies to disclose a plan for how their business model will be compatible with a net zero economy – that is, one where global warming is limited to well below 2ºC, consistent with a global aspiration of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We are asking you to disclose how this plan is incorporated into your long-term strategy and reviewed by your board of directors.
We appreciate that disclosure can be cumbersome and that the variety of reporting frameworks creates further complexity for companies. We strongly support moving to a single global standard, which will enable investors to make more informed decisions about how to achieve durable long-term returns. Because better sustainability disclosures are in companies’ as well as investors’ own interests, I urge companies to move quickly to issue them rather than waiting for regulators to impose them. (While the world moves towards a single standard, BlackRock continues to endorse TCFD- and SASB-aligned reporting.) In addition, I believe TCFD should not just be adopted by public companies. If we want these disclosures to be truly effective – if we want to see true societal change – they should be embraced by large private companies as well.
Further, it is not just companies that face climate-related risk. For example, we believe that issuers of public debt also should be disclosing how they are addressing climate-related risks. But measurement and disclosure are not the only challenges. Governments around the world, under severe fiscal strain from the pandemic, also need to undertake massive climate infrastructure projects, both to protect against physical risk and to deliver clean energy. These challenges will require creative public-private partnership to finance them, as well as better disclosures to attract capital.

BlackRock’s Net Zero Commitment​

The world is moving to net zero, and BlackRock believes that our clients are best served by being at the forefront of that transition. We are carbon neutral today in our own operations and are committed to supporting the goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner. No company can easily plan over thirty years, but we believe all companies – including BlackRock – must begin to address the transition to net zero today. We are taking a number of steps to help investors prepare their portfolios for a net zero world, including capturing opportunities created by the net zero transition.
We are outlining these actions in greater detail in a letter we sent today to our clients. They include: publishing a temperature alignment metric for our public equity and bond funds, where sufficient data is available; incorporating climate considerations into our capital markets assumptions; implementing a “heightened-scrutiny model” in our active portfolios as a framework for managing holdings that pose significant climate risk (including flagging holdings for potential exit); launching investment products with explicit temperature alignment goals, including products aligned to a net zero pathway; and using stewardship to ensure that the companies our clients are invested in are both mitigating climate risk and considering the opportunities presented by the net zero transition.
Our net zero commitment
The global transition to a net zero economy is accelerating, with dramatic implications for investors. Learn how we’re helping clients navigate this transformation.
Read the letter
Two silhoetted people sit in front of a circular doorway, looking at green trees

Sustainability and Deeper Connections to Stakeholders Drives Better Returns​

In 2018, I wrote urging every company to articulate its purpose and how it benefits all stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, and the communities in which they operate. Over the course of 2020, we have seen how purposeful companies, with better environmental, social, and governance (ESG) profiles, have outperformed their peers. During 2020, 81% of a globally-representative selection of sustainable indexes outperformed their parent benchmarks.3 This outperformance was even more pronounced during the first quarter downturn, another instance of sustainable funds’ resilience that we have seen in prior downturns.4 And the broader array of sustainable investment options will continue to drive investor interest in these funds, as we have seen in 2020.
But the story goes deeper. It’s not just that broad-market ESG indexes are outperforming counterparts. It’s that within industries – from automobiles to banks to oil and gas companies – we are seeing another divergence: companies with better ESG profiles are performing better than their peers, enjoying a “sustainability premium.” 5
It is clear that being connected to stakeholders – establishing trust with them and acting with purpose – enables a company to understand and respond to the changes happening in the world. Companies ignore stakeholders at their peril – companies that do not earn this trust will find it harder and harder to attract customers and talent, especially as young people increasingly expect companies to reflect their values. The more your company can show its purpose in delivering value to its customers, its employees, and its communities, the better able you will be to compete and deliver long-term, durable profits for shareholders.
I cannot recall a time where it has been more important for companies to respond to the needs of their stakeholders. We are at a moment of tremendous economic pain. We are also at a historic crossroads on the path to racial justice – one that cannot be solved without leadership from companies. A company that does not seek to benefit from the full spectrum of human talent is weaker for it – less likely to hire the best talent, less likely to reflect the needs of its customers and the communities where it operates, and less likely to outperform.
While issues of race and ethnicity vary greatly across the world, we expect companies in all countries to have a talent strategy that allows them to draw on the fullest set of talent possible. As you issue sustainability reports, we ask that your disclosures on talent strategy fully reflect your long-term plans to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion, as appropriate by region. We hold ourselves to this same standard.
Questions of racial justice, economic inequality, or community engagement are often classed as an “S” issue in ESG conversations. But it is misguided to draw such stark lines between these categories. For example, climate change is already having a disproportionate impact on low-income communities around the world – is that an E or an S issue? What matters is less the category we place these questions in, but the information we have to understand them and how they interact with each other. Improved data and disclosures will help us better understand the deep interdependence between environmental and social issues.
I am an optimist. I have seen how many companies are taking these challenges seriously – how they are embracing the demands of greater transparency, greater accountability to stakeholders, and better preparation for climate change. I am encouraged by what I have seen from businesses. And now, business leaders and boards will need to show great courage and commitment to their stakeholders. We need to move even faster – to create more jobs, more prosperity, and more inclusivity. I have great confidence in the ability of businesses to help move us out of this crisis and build a more inclusive capitalism.
Before 2020, vaccines typically took 10 to 15 years to develop. The fastest ever developed was for the mumps – it took four years. Today, we have multiple companies across the globe delivering vaccines that they developed in under a year. They are demonstrating the power of companies – the power of capitalism – to respond to human needs. As we move forward from the pandemic, facing tremendous economic pain and inequality, we need companies to embrace a form of capitalism that recognizes and serves all their stakeholders.
The vaccine is a first step. The world is still in crisis and will be for some time. We face a great challenge ahead. The companies that embrace this challenge – that seek to build long-term value for their stakeholders – will help deliver long-term returns to shareholders and build a brighter and more prosperous future for the world.
Sincerely,
Larry Fink Signature

Blast from the past (Oct 3, 2019)

How will central banks tackle the next downturn? We believe an unprecedented response is needed when monetary policy is exhausted and fiscal space is limited. That response could involve “going direct” – finding ways to get central bank money directly in the hands of public and private sector spenders.
Oh. Central Banks putting money directly into the economy? Hmm, wouldn't it be funny if they had like Digital Currency that is run by the Central Banks and possibly mediated by the BIS or IMF or whatever.

24:37 "the central bank will have absolute control on the rules and regulations that will determine the use of that expression of centralbank liability and also we will have the technology to enforce that"

You know... the world got so crazy in the last two years... I am like enjoying it again how absurd it is. The huge institutions and the powerful just livestream their plans and write about them openly. Nobody even cares or even know about these. I am not sure which is more autistic at this point: caring about this or just knowing about it?

Last edited:

ProtonMailManTheSequel

I AM THE LORD WHATTHESHIT'S GOD
kiwifarms.net

Yeah well that's where steak comes from, right??

I think yes. Imagine all jobs being gig economy jobs. You can replace the HR department with an app. Also, you can just have somebody in Bangladesh work from home.

etc. Also you mive less and be more reliant in social media to interact with people. It is easier to monitor and alter behavior if everything is going through public channels on corporate platforms. Also the workers have freedom to... watch netflix I guess, beside that you will have your webcam spying in you. lol Maybe some Indian will shout at you to work more.
Do they have webcams that can see through my electrical tape yet?

I'm surprised I haven't seen more vegan outcry on this but they usually only argue for the cute animals. Even with a bug genocide most of them would prefer it over even a single cow being harmed.
Arthropods are our ancient enemies and the stupid things literally don't even have memory. Everything they do is a stereoptype response to a present stimulus (much like my phallus, come to think of it). I say kill 'em all--God will know her own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
Net Zero Carbon Emissions is a nice dream, but try telling China and India to change their ways. Especially the former.
It is basically an excuse for the carbon trading market. Also its just about muh CO2, so hormones etc. being everywhere doesnt bother them. Why would it? It just makes the population more docile and less fertile.

China and India basically have a free go at industrialization, I mean all the investment money from the West ahould be a dead giveaway.

It is a pity that most people cant comprehend how little their wellbeing and life matters to the ones ruling over them. We dont have leaders, just managers.

Eggplant Wizard

kiwifarms.net
Notice how many steps there are in this process to the actual volume they're producing. Most insects will always be harder to produce in quantity than cattle. It's why their arguments about it being green are nonsense.
Funny enough, I could take all of these crickets, use it as feed for a crawfish pool, and come out of it with even more protein. Even better, I can feed a trout fishery, and have even more than the crawfish pool.

stares at error messages

kiwifarms.net
experiences
Because you can't return it to the store.

Let us, for a moment, direct the Eye of Sauron onto a new ringbearer.

View attachment 1699616

The Great Reset as an ideology got, as far as I can tell, its start innocently enough as a book published in 2010 in light of the 2008 recession, written by Richard Florida. Richard is an urban studies theorist, head and professor of Martin Prosperity Institute Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and distinguished fellow at NYU's school of professional studies. Richard Florida is known most of all for coining the term "creative class" and purporting an Atlas Shrugged narrative of talent migration from suburbs to major cities. He places an emphasis on focusing time on fostering talent rather than projects like sports stadiums, monuments or other city developments as the means to rebound a flailing economy, and he even came up with weird indexes that rate cities by a "Bohemian index," a "Gay index," and a "diversity index".

As you can probably guess, back when cancel culture wasn't as prevalent as it is now, Richard's theories came under scrutiny and criticism. Such criticism cites his theories to be massively political in nature and having no practical value, and noting that education quality is a better metric for determining lasting economic recovery.

The Great Reset is an accelerationist ideology that purports economic collapses to be the central driving force behind innovation, and that major cities, government districts and college towns will prosper in light of an economic collapse due to their attraction of the creative class, whereas industrial towns will die off. Richard also purports that because of this, most of the innovative developments will occur in big cities due to their scale economies. It's in part 3 of Richard's book that a key detail is revealed, where he alleges that Millennials dislike owning private property and would rather pay for experiences & social activities. Hmmm...

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea if Richard Florida's writings have any influence on the World Economic Forum or if the "Great Reset" namesake is some enormous coincidence, but I have doubts.

View attachment 1699614

The World Economic Forum is an international non-government organization founded in 1971 by Klaus Schwab in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland. The WEF's mission statement is "committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas". They've been criticized as being a shady cabal of wealthy elites coming together and passing information under the table for political gain, so much so it spawned the term "Davos Men", named for their annual meeting place in Davos Switzerland, a term coined to describe billionaires who have no loyalty to any nation and view borders as obstacles to further wealth consolidation.

Schwab seemed to have originally intended the World Economic Forum to become a vector for streamlining economic solutions and introducing American management practices to European manufacturers, but then the Bretton Woods exchange rate collapsed in 1973 and because of that the WEF also became focused on social issues and began inviting politicians, a move I'm sure no one will regret in the indeterminant future. The immediate outcomes was the aversion of a war, bribing the CEO and director of the WEF for $900,000 and somebody passing around "Boycott Israel" pamphlets during one of the meetings.

Even better is that Xi Jingping showed up to defend globalism, followed by portraying China as a leader in environmentalism. Yes, the king of smog came out and called himself an environmentalist. Naturally, Xi Jinping also criticized populism and tariffs because it fucked his bottom line and plans for world domination. Then Jair Bolsonaro, Brazilian president, came out to defend Brazil's treatment of the rain forest, calling his administration a protector of it and basically pulling a Xi Jingping. Basically, the WEF is the place where politicians go to vocally protect their interests.

It should also be noted that the WEF have declared US civil liberties to be obsolete forms of governance, noting China's digital totalitarianism as an example, and have praised China for their bungling of the Covid-19 during the early months of 2020, y'know, where they welded people into their apartments, shuffled people into gas vans, disappeared people in "quarantine zones", packed sick people like sardines into non-hospitals and potentially committed a holocaust against their own civilians and burned the bodies in a giant pile.

Then of course there's the Great Reset project announced late this year by the WEF and the Prince of Wales' Sustainable Markets Initiative. This is the shit we're concerned with, and the origin for the slogan "You will own nothing, and you will be happy." Apparently the Great Reset will be the topic of discussion in January 2021.

The general gist of the Great Reset seems to just be Accelerationist Globalist Socialism, where people forego personal belongings for experiences. I don't even get how these things are mutually exclusive but it disgusts me all the same. It appears that this shit has actually been a long time coming, where it truly started is anyone's guess, but if I were to put on a tinfoil hat, I'd say that Covid-19 was engineered in a lab, "accidentally" released, then passed off as a natural disease and use it as an excuse to artificially crash the economy for the sole purpose of artificially creating yet another Great Reset like that of 1870 to force people into signing away all of their civil liberties for debt forgiveness at which point they can implement a pure-experience "economy" where everything is rented. The catch and release policies of George Floyd riots by democrat governors is probably just one part of pressing the gas pedal to this massive dystopia.

Maybe the reason these WEF people want to own nothing is because they are old and starting to pick out nursing homes. I mean, if you're old, have no family because you waited until you and your wife were middle aged to have kids and now have no one to inherit your wealth, and are slowly lusing your freedom anyway to aging, this future doesn't seem that bad. If you're in 60s and don't have kids, then the idea that all your debts will be gone, so you don't have work, and all your stuff you don't really like anymore will be replace with people feeding you soup and reading you bed time stories, those are attractive experiences to old people waiting to die. If you replace Millennials with aging childless Gen-Xer, then the claim starts to make sense.

The idea that private citizens owning property is bad would just be a return to feudalism, where you have a king and lords who 'own' everything and peasants who have no rights. Which isn't that novel an idea, feudalism has existed since the earliest agrarian socialites in ever place humans have ever inhabited. Wealth comes from rent-seeking. Big surprise. If you invent some way to kite checks with extra steps you get rich fast. I'm guessing that owning a business would count as private property, so this just a transpanet attempt to solidify the WEF members monopoly on feudalistic wealth transfer. As the old saying goes, "Keep them poor."

Last edited by a moderator:

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
There's a interesting rant about the Great Reset who was worth to share.

The Great Reset is upon us…or at least the powers that be are trying to bring it out. What was once a fringe “conspiracy theory” is now on display plain as day for everyone to see. The economic, political, academic, and media elites around the world are leveraging the chaos, confusion, and restrictions on liberty from the COVID-19 lockdowns and using them to radically alter society around the world.

What will this change look like? The global elites want to create a society of renters who own nothing, while also pushing a social agenda that would be unpopular with the unwashed masses and difficult to implement in a society with a broad, ownership-based middle class. What this means is that you would rent not just your home, but also your phone, computer, car (though you probably will “carshare,” the term for renting a car when you need one for an extended period and summoning one when you need it for a ride), and even the pots and pans you cook with.

The flip side of this will be a radical transformation of the world economy. No longer will you have a job in the sense that it has traditionally been understood. Instead, you will work various and sundry "gigs," all of which place you in a precarious position at any given time. You will receive a fee for services performed, with no benefits, paid time off, healthcare, or anything else that the middle class in the West has become accustomed to.

To facilitate the Great Reset, rural populations will have to be coerced into more concentrated population centers since dispersed populations have too high a "carbon footprint." The suburbs will be a thing of the past as suburbs and exurbs become more like cities. Mixed-use housing, where you and 500 other people live in a mid-rise condo hive with shops and "workshare" spaces (the new version of an office – on your dime, not your employer's) in the same area.

The short version is that it's a total end to the American way of life, specifically the way of life of most of the Western middle class. The specifics, including the why, are a longer story that you're going to want to read if you want to be ready to fight against the Great Reset.

What is the Great Reset?​

Knowing what the Great Reset is can be difficult because official sources on the matter – World Economic Forum, the primary mover behind the Great Reset, and its affiliated organizations and individuals – cloak their aims in vague euphemisms like the main slogan for the Great Reset, "build back better."

We have discussed in our articles on Cultural Marxism, Critical Race Theory in public schools, and, George Soros how the enemies of freedom often use vague, non-specifically positive language for their projects. These are generally words that, when taken at face value, no one could possibly disagree with. Who would be against building back better?

These words mean something else and one should not accept at face value the idea that the Great Reset is simply "building back better" any more than one should accept at face value the claim that four out of five doctors smoke Camels.

So what is the Great Reset?

At its core, the Great Reset is an attempt to enforce socialism through private companies rather than only through the government. Think of it as "socialism with Amazon Prime characteristics." That being said, the government will certainly play a role in the Great Reset by angling for higher taxes, which the wealthy will be able to avoid using armies of lawyers and accountants; adding additional bureaucratic red tape, which the wealthy will avoid using the same armies of lawyers, connections, and special carveouts; and growing big government social programs a la the New Deal, which will disproportionately benefit the wealthy and preferred underclass who will be weaponized against the broad middle class. An excellent example of a Great Reset program in the United States is the proposed Green New Deal, which we will discuss in greater detail later.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
I got to thinking.

Konmari cleaning method, Swedish death cleaning, minimalism. Could it all have been being made popular in an attempt to get everyone used to the idea of not having stuff?

I shall continue to hoard like a dragon purely for spite.