The Great Reset - lol we're all screwed

• Conducting some maintenance.

will you submit yourself to this new world order

• Total voters

_giantmeteor2024_

kiwifarms.net

This is where we currently are with autonomous vehicles. The service has gone live in a small part of the world and it's pretty damn impressive already. Just imagine how much better it will be in 10 to 20 years time and be certain it will have reached everywhere important.

I do agree on the software thing replacing white collar jobs at a greater rate than blue collar jobs - the latter requiring expensive hardware - it's just that as examples machines make more impact than algorithms. But either way the point remains valid that tens of millions will be losing their jobs, and there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon that would absorb that labour. The upcoming technologies are VR, AR, and autonomous vehicles. They will all create some jobs but they certainly won't be for the low skilled. I'm white collar and not young, they're unlikely to even be for me.

What is the solution to a world in which tens of millions are made unemployed and their age and technology means they have little chance of being employed again? What is the solution to a world where ever fewer young people have to support the pensions, social care, and health needs of an ever larger number of old people? How is government debt to be repaid or inflated away with both of those things in play? Either aging reversal tech is developed in the next few decades, or the state intervenes and radically changes how things work - a Great Reset you could say - or people start burning shit down and stabbing each other.
Why develop "age reversal tech" if people become superfluous, unemployed, impoverished? Are people going to stop having children? If not, reversing ages will wind up swelling the population in terms of unemployable people.
Lets be honest, not everyone is capable of STEM jobs, and not everyone is welcome into STEM fields. What is the "Master Plan" for them?

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
Why develop "age reversal tech" if people become superfluous, unemployed, impoverished? Are people going to stop having children? If not, reversing ages will wind up swelling the population in terms of unemployable people.
Lets be honest, not everyone is capable of STEM jobs, and not everyone is welcome into STEM fields. What is the "Master Plan" for them?

Because lands settled by geriatrics are vulnerable to violent and non-violent takeover by peoples from lands with an excess of young, as many developing nations have and will continue to have for decades more. By 2050 it is estimated that over 30% of the developed worlds population will be aged 60+. Think about that for a second. Thirty years away, 1 in every 3 people, fragile, forgetful, fatigued. Can such nations be defended? Can they turn back waves of illegal immigration? There is a quote on economics by Paul Krugman that I think is appropriate here. He stated, "Productivity isn't everything, but in the long run it's almost everything." I would add to that any say fertility isn't everything, but in the long run it's almost everything.

As for what we would do with age-reversed unemployable people, border guards and infantry might be suitable occupations. Cameras can tell you about people crossing borders, but to actually do something about it I imagine you would still need boots on the ground.

_giantmeteor2024_

kiwifarms.net
Because lands settled by geriatrics are vulnerable to violent and non-violent takeover by peoples from lands with an excess of young, as many developing nations have and will continue to have for decades more. By 2050 it is estimated that over 30% of the developed worlds population will be aged 60+. Think about that for a second. Thirty years away, 1 in every 3 people, fragile, forgetful, fatigued. Can such nations be defended? Can they turn back waves of illegal immigration? There is a quote on economics by Paul Krugman that I think is appropriate here. He stated, "Productivity isn't everything, but in the long run it's almost everything." I would add to that any say fertility isn't everything, but in the long run it's almost everything.

As for what we would do with age-reversed unemployable people, border guards and infantry might be suitable occupations. Cameras can tell you about people crossing borders, but to actually do something about it I imagine you would still need boots on the ground.
It won't matter if those elderly people are provided with longevity treatments. Any young people we DO have will be docile or infertile from troon hormone treatments. Pushing fertility is pointless if your government eradicates parental rights and allows Big Tech to groom your children with pro-trans and pro-sterilization propaganda. Many "first world" countries are enacting legislation as we speak that prevents parents from blocking children who seek to transition into another "gender", which will undoubtably lead to children being considered "independent" from their parents in every conceivable way. Who would want to have children only to be too poor to feed them or to have them taken over by the state?

I also have a feeling the Great Reset planners want all the Serfs to have equally shitty accommodations, so they won't give a s--t if the dregs of society from one side of the globe fight people on the other side over resources...It's about "equality", meaning everyone lives in the same shitty pod eating the same meager food. The wealthy will be in their private bunkers, have protection from their private security guards, or be able to whisk their families away to safety in their private jets. If there are any benefits from transhumanistic human experimentation, only the wealthy will be able to afford it. Any benefits of the Great Reset will be for those at the top of the food chain. The rest of us will be the "guinea pigs", "organ donors", "breeders", "sex providers", "support humans", "life unworthy of living".

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
It won't matter if those elderly people are provided with longevity treatments. Any young people we DO have will be docile or infertile from troon hormone treatments. Pushing fertility is pointless if your government eradicates parental rights and allows Big Tech to groom your children with pro-trans and pro-sterilization propaganda. Many "first world" countries are enacting legislation as we speak that prevents parents from blocking children who seek to transition into another "gender", which will undoubtably lead to children being considered "independent" from their parents in every conceivable way. Who would want to have children only to be too poor to feed them or to have them taken over by the state?

I also have a feeling the Great Reset planners want all the Serfs to have equally shitty accommodations, so they won't give a s--t if the dregs of society from one side of the globe fight people on the other side over resources...It's about "equality", meaning everyone lives in the same shitty pod eating the same meager food. The wealthy will be in their private bunkers, have protection from their private security guards, or be able to whisk their families away to safety in their private jets. If there are any benefits from transhumanistic human experimentation, only the wealthy will be able to afford it. Any benefits of the Great Reset will be for those at the top of the food chain. The rest of us will be the "guinea pigs", "organ donors", "breeders", "sex providers", "support humans", "life unworthy of living".

I'm not disagreeing with you in any significant way. I'm simply asking, is there actually any solution here other than accepting we must eat the bugs and drink the soy? Let's forget about anti-aging tech for a moment, let's say it won't come quickly enough to save us any; in thirty years time the developed world will be old, with huge amounts of unemployment, crippling debt, and relatively fewer young people to cover costs and power growth. There's going to be social and economic breakdown. Social and economic breakdown lead to political and military weakness. And political and military weakness lead to violent or non-violent takeover. What is the answer to this problem?

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
So only about 95% of low skill workers are going to be replaced? That's the optimistic forecasts I always hear from people who don't believe in our new robot overlords.

I don't know what new industry people will magically invent to retrain people in, it would pretty much have to be entertainment or creativity based. There are already huge swathes of Canada/America where there's no major industry.

The thing is that a certain point a robot is more expensive than a person, companies like toyota which went into robots before others are now going back to people because its cheaper in some cases, so many of their new factories have less robots and more people than factories from 30 years ago

One change in a car and you have to rebuild the entire line of robots working on it, but with people? not a problem

What I was saying is that office jobs are far easier and thus more likely to be automated than labor jobs

This is where we currently are with autonomous vehicles. The service has gone live in a small part of the world and it's pretty damn impressive already. Just imagine how much better it will be in 10 to 20 years time and be certain it will have reached everywhere important.

I do agree on the software thing replacing white collar jobs at a greater rate than blue collar jobs - the latter requiring expensive hardware - it's just that as examples machines make more impact than algorithms. But either way the point remains valid that tens of millions will be losing their jobs, and there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon that would absorb that labour. The upcoming technologies are VR, AR, and autonomous vehicles. They will all create some jobs but they certainly won't be for the low skilled. I'm white collar and not young, they're unlikely to even be for me.

What is the solution to a world in which tens of millions are made unemployed and their age and technology means they have little chance of being employed again? What is the solution to a world where ever fewer young people have to support the pensions, social care, and health needs of an ever larger number of old people? How is government debt to be repaid or inflated away with both of those things in play? Either aging reversal tech is developed in the next few decades, or the state intervenes and radically changes how things work - a Great Reset you could say - or people start burning shit down and stabbing each other.

The problem with autonomous cars is both technical and legal, like if it crashes who has to pay? the owner? the insurance company? the car company? the company they bought the AI system from? they will all be pointing fingers at each other

Many truck companies, the real big market for automation, are considering the fact that even with fully autonomous trucks they will still have the driver behind the wheel "just in case" so basically they have to pay for a really expensive new truck that still needs meat behind the wheel, see the problem?

As for the pension thing thats less about robots and more about population going down, and yeah we're fucked

But do you know what does automate really well? Middle Management. Specifically, shitty middle managers that like to micromanage.

Programs that sit in the background and monitor how many emails you send, how long you're away from your desk, how much you participate in chat, "help" after hours etc. etc.

White collar jobs are going to go full wage cage in the next 10 years as this shit replaces all the boomer middle managers retire.

Yep no doubt about it

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
Unionize?

Unionize against those who would wish to automate away labour? Trouble is it's a multi-polar world. Automation without a doubt increases overall productivity so someone somewhere will achieve it. And as stated by Krugman, in economics productivity may not be everything but in the long run it's almost everything. By winning the war against automation on our home turf in the short term, we shoot ourselves in the feet over the long term.

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
The problem with autonomous cars is both technical and legal, like if it crashes who has to pay? the owner? the insurance company? the car company? the company they bought the AI system from? they will all be pointing fingers at each other

Many truck companies, the real big market for automation, are considering the fact that even with fully autonomous trucks they will still have the driver behind the wheel "just in case" so basically they have to pay for a really expensive new truck that still needs meat behind the wheel, see the problem?

The legal / insurance aspect is definitely a problem, but I think in time it will be resolved by the software becoming 'in-house' as Tesla's is. That is to say, the people who make the vehicles will also put their own software in there and come up with some sort of deal with insurance companies themselves. Or, insurance will be factored into the cost of the manufacturer's software purchase. As an owner of a car, you yourself may never have to upfront-pay insurance again, as it very likely will be factored into the cost of the vehicle itself.

How much does a truck driver cost a year? Google tells me $40K+ on average. If you pay even half his wage to the insurance company per year, you're very likely to come out financially ahead. That's a HUGE incentive to do away with the meat behind the wheel.

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Automation without a doubt increases overall productivity so someone somewhere will achieve it.
"Productivity" is a neoliberal myth. There is no measure of productivity in the market, only prices. That's why China can run highly inefficient industries with near slave labor and still beat out the most efficient in the west.

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
"Productivity" is a neoliberal myth. There is no measure of productivity in the market, only prices. That's why China can run highly inefficient industries with near slave labor and still beat out the most efficient in the west.

If the price of two workers is the same, and one produces 100 paperclips per hour and the other 200 paperclips per hour does the second not possess double the productivity of the first?

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Take this article with a pinch of salt and stay cautious about this. It might be too good to be true.

Authored by Brandon Smith via Alt-Market.us,

One aspect of narcopaths (narcissistic sociopaths) that is important to remember is that they live in their own little world in which their desires and bizarre dysfunctions are normalized. They believe themselves superior to most people because they are predatory, and don’t suffer from annoying hang-ups like empathy and conscience. They generally tend to believe they have pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes the majority of the time. They think that you are a submissive idiot, and that when they bark an order, you will simply jump to attention because you “believe”.

Almost every aspect of the globalists and their behavior indicates they are a club or cult of narcopaths. Their obsessive need to control as well as to corrupt and destroy in order to get what they want is not an extension of mere greed, it is a deep-seated aspect of who they are as beings. It is a defining mechanism at the core of their character. They are real world monsters, like vampires attempting to blend into an unsuspecting population.

In their arrogance, then tend to expect they can drain the public dry at will without being resisted or exposed. The problem is, as soon as they start to feed and destroy they draw attention to themselves. Eventually, they will attract the suspicions of the public, along with some vampire hunters. Unless they find a way to hide a stake through the heart is inevitable.

I have been writing about the threats of globalism and the “reset” for many years now, and I have noted for some time two separate quandaries; one affecting the liberty movement and the other affecting the globalists:

1)
First, criminals tend to brag about their crimes when they think that it’s too late for anyone to do anything about them. I predicted the globalists would be very open in revealing their agenda the moment they believed themselves “untouchable”. For the freedom loving public this suggests that in 2020 going into 2021 that the elites must think there is nothing that can be done to stop the machine; they are so blatant in their calls for the global “reset”, a cashless society, totalitarian lockdowns and a surveillance state that no one in their right mind can claim these notions are “conspiracy theory” anymore.
The fact is, the “conspiracy theorists” were RIGHT ALL ALONG, and now there is nothing anyone can say about it.
2) Second, I have also argued in the past that the globalist push for a “new world order” is a double edged sword that could very well end up annihilating them. As they attempt to initiate their reset agenda, they become more and more exposed; they can no longer lurk in the safety of the shadows and there is no going back once the process is started. Once the globalists become widely known, they must either swiftly take control through engineered chaos and collapse, or face retribution that could eliminate a cabal that took them centuries to build. Vampires must make the rest of the world a dark place before leaving the shadows, or they risk dying in the light of day.
There are two schools of thought in the liberty movement; one suggesting that the globalist agenda is fixed and unstoppable and that the best anyone can do is survive. The second suggests that the reset can be stopped and the globalists can be brought to justice. I stand in both camps.

There are aspects of the reset that are indeed fixed and that cannot be undone. For example, numerous national economies including the US are in the midst of a stagflationary collapse and there is nothing that can be done to reverse it. Perhaps a decade ago we could have changed course, but now it is too late. The pain can be reduced if people quickly end their dependency on the system and create localized trade networks of their own, but the economy as we know it right now is dead and it is not coming back anytime soon.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
An interesting thing here in the new TrashRats Podcast episode where they talk about the Great Reset about halfway through it (I forget the actual time stamp, but they discuss the Great Reset, Covid, and the election too):

Rusty Cage seems normal and level headed, Reactor [Tim Pool's brother] tries to talk about what the Great Reset is, and Mumkey Jones acts like a Twitter libtard arguing with Reactor. It's crazy how much Mumkey's changed in the past year since the sex tape. He still tries to act edgy, but he occasionally spergs out like a normie Democrat. This video really highlights it.

Meriasek

kiwifarms.net
Nothing. They don't matter. They get UBI and get to consoom. The Great Reset it all about the educated middle class, and how to keep them in line permanently.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
I want to get people's take on this and its relevancy to "The Great Reset".

I saw this video the other day and it prompted me to read a little on "Modern Monetary Theory".

This seems to be an economic theory gaining in popularity in some quarters. I don't know economics well enough to understand it completely. But I am of the opinion that Western national debts have produced a situation where there has to be some sort of drastic correction and there must be plans to do something about it. Is this potentially part of that? Reading the Wikipedia pages there's a lot about the state controlling how banks can lend to each other, about taxes being removed directly from private accounts, that under MMT "trade defecits need not be unsustainable" and a lot of references to "Full Employment" as well as references to books like "Full Employment Abandoned" and "achieving full employment can be administered via a federally funded job guarantee".

I'm taking all of this from Wikipedia.

I don't understand all this but it's referencing enough red flag topics for me that it feels like an Academic dressing up of something I wouldn't like.

Any armchair economist on have come across this?

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Service guarantees citizenship. If we ever invent something as horrific as age reversal, the only way it could be socially useful is if the people who take it devote their new life utterly to the defense of the State. But you just know this is not how things will shake out.

Our idiot leaders have lost the plot. Before the 20th century the aristocracy at the most still believed in a god that would judge them for how they ruled the world. Now they fear no god. The only thing they fear is the people they rule, and every action they are taking is one done in response to that fear of the people supposedly in their care. And since doing the right thing by the people is anathema, the only thing they can do is adopt the Chinese model. Sham elections, the State owns everything and you WILL be happy with it. Or else.

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
Service guarantees citizenship. If we ever invent something as horrific as age reversal, the only way it could be socially useful is if the people who take it devote their new life utterly to the defense of the State. But you just know this is not how things will shake out.

Our idiot leaders have lost the plot. Before the 20th century the aristocracy at the most still believed in a god that would judge them for how they ruled the world. Now they fear no god. The only thing they fear is the people they rule, and every action they are taking is one done in response to that fear of the people supposedly in their care. And since doing the right thing by the people is anathema, the only thing they can do is adopt the Chinese model. Sham elections, the State owns everything and you WILL be happy with it. Or else.

Aging reversal at any prior point in history would have been horrific, I agree. But at the present time it's possibly the only thing that can save the developed world. Women are simply not going to start having 3 or 4 children each. We will become old, while large sections of Africa and Asia will remain young for some time. We will again start to import them as labour in order to provide us with social care, nursing, and other services and goods. We will need them as taxpayers to cover those ever higher costs. By 2100 then, the native populations will in all likelihood be a minority.

The alternative is to suffer and die. And while it's easy in relative youth to say one would rather suffer and die than be replaced, when your body and mind is failing you, when you cannot do basic things such as shop, dress, or clean yourself properly, when your bones seize up in the cold weather, when you soil yourself at night, when you are lonely and feel abandoned to your core, when 'your' young people see you as an annoying burden... ones perspective might be altered. Assistance, companionship, and kindness may mean more to you than national ethnic purity.

With regards to the belief in a god, I very much agree. There used to be a cosmic thread that bound us all together in life and beyond, which no longer exists. Eternal and inescapable consequences. The king knew he would answer to his god for how he treated the peasantry, and vice versa. As cruel as the pre-modern period was, it would have been far worse without religion. What are we bound by now? Ethnicity, or culture, or nation, or language. And while these things can hold people to an extent, they're weak as compared to that which used to connect us past death even. Ultimately, if people believe themselves no more than animals, whose only function is survival and reproduction, they will act as though the consequences they suffer are limited and may even be avoided entirely with a little luck.

Strangely, aging reversal might actually get us to care more for others instead of act the stereotype of callous immortal. We will know we are bound to each other and must see the consequences of our actions 'eternally'

Last edited:

Saint Alphonsus

Doctor zelantissimus
kiwifarms.net
The alternative is to suffer and die.
The impetus of the technological age was a hope to cheat the inescapable realities of suffering and death. Look at where it has taken us.

Freedom ultimately means freedom to choose your suffering. You can choose to suffer throughout life for the hope of a blessed eternity, or put off necessary suffering for all of your mortal existence (which is the capital vice of sloth) and suffer eternally.

Because the technocrats deny God, they feel compelled to try to make up for what they consider are deficiencies in the natural order. Hence the fantasies of sci-fi and transhumanism. Yet the attempt to control all things leads to an increasingly irrational neurosis, because human beings aren't I/O devices, but creatures with rational souls--which means that even the base and the stupid can perceive that those with power over them act out of malice. This is why drug culture and entertainment have gotten a massive push in the past several years; the former robs the use of intellect and the latter blurs perception of reality. This double whammy placates the masses, who won't question why they're forced to live in the pod and eat the bugs because at least the pod has Netflix an UHD porn and and endless supply of designer dope.

Thus one possible way the technocrats can get you to sign off on their evil agenda is to avoid suffering by turning into a mindless dopamine zombie.

But IF you are willing to use your "freedom to suffer," you will be cast out of the technocrats sleek shiny sci-fi vision of reality. You will be mocked and scorned. You will face material deprivations and possibly starve. If you are enough of a nuisance, you will even be killed. But if you know that this fake vision of reality is false and will lead to greater sufferings in the hereafter, you will achieve true peace, if you persevere to the end.

John 16:33 .

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
The legal / insurance aspect is definitely a problem, but I think in time it will be resolved by the software becoming 'in-house' as Tesla's is. That is to say, the people who make the vehicles will also put their own software in there and come up with some sort of deal with insurance companies themselves. Or, insurance will be factored into the cost of the manufacturer's software purchase. As an owner of a car, you yourself may never have to upfront-pay insurance again, as it very likely will be factored into the cost of the vehicle itself.

How much does a truck driver cost a year? Google tells me $40K+ on average. If you pay even half his wage to the insurance company per year, you're very likely to come out financially ahead. That's a HUGE incentive to do away with the meat behind the wheel.

Nah the software is 90% of the problem, I can buy a LIDAR, wave-sonar and a bunch of other parts including SoCs made for autonomous system and putting that shit together is nothing compared even to how make the software recognize traffic lights which btw is really fucking hard, no kidding

Anyone can put the parts together, I only know about 4 companies that can deal with the software and none is close to a fully autonomous solution yet

Legal is HUGE, we could've had ipods in the 90s but we didnt because lawyers got their panties in a bunch with stuff as stupid as minidiscs being recordable, they literally killed that format because of it. Everybody forgets how lawyers wanted to ban cassettes for the same reason

Insurance companies basically dictate how cars are made now, if the IIHS (funded by insurers) gives your new car model a shit crash rating no insurance company is going to touch it, meaning it cant be insured and nobody will buy it, why you think all cars are the same boring shape now?. They do the same crap to fully-autonomous cars then you wont be seeing one outside of private roads, right next to golf carts

Slave labor is just one part of the china story, the other is that you can build whatever shit you want without any redtape, specially regarding the environment

You can literally put melamine in powdered milk and the government wont do shit until babies start dying en masse, which actually happened btw, they were getting away with it for years but got greedy and put more melamine than milk in the cans

An interesting thing here in the new TrashRats Podcast episode where they talk about the Great Reset about halfway through it (I forget the actual time stamp, but they discuss the Great Reset, Covid, and the election too):

Rusty Cage seems normal and level headed, Reactor [Tim Pool's brother] tries to talk about what the Great Reset is, and Mumkey Jones acts like a Twitter libtard arguing with Reactor. It's crazy how much Mumkey's changed in the past year since the sex tape. He still tries to act edgy, but he occasionally spergs out like a normie Democrat. This video really highlights it.

Man mumkey gone to shit, was his depression bullshit even real?

In the old days being nobility meant that the plebs could break into your castle, rape your wife/kids to death and behead you, then rape your head

Nowadays, when was the last time a western leader got killed? jfk? the swedish guy like 40 years ago? the plebs are sedated af now, too busy browsing instagram and shit to care if the new nobility is fucking them over

Last edited:

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But IF you are willing to use your "freedom to suffer," you will be cast out of the technocrats sleek shiny sci-fi vision of reality. You will be mocked and scorned. You will face material deprivations and possibly starve. If you are enough of a nuisance, you will even be killed. But if you know that this fake vision of reality is false and will lead to greater sufferings in the hereafter, you will achieve true peace, if you persevere to the end.

John 16:33 .

It's funny really. As much as I would love to believe that this horrifying future everyone is talking about won't come to pass, I can't deny the fact that many people have in fact abandoned God. It feels like many people have replaced him with people like political candidates, corporations, social media stars, ect. And I see nothing but misery there.

Growing up, I was always a bit skeptical about his existence, but I don't know, nowadays, I've been moving further and further towards believing in him. There's just something that feels... right about the whole thing.

Maybe it is a form of coping, but based on what I mentioned above, human beings have a natural desire to look upon someone or something in power for guidance and peace of mind.

The problem with everything that isn't God is that they all demand something of you. Your vote, your subscription, your donation, ect.

God doesn't seem to demand anything but your faith in him. And that you try your best and be good to your fellow man.

Even if things end up going topside, as long as we stay true to ourselves and not give in to this false version of reality these people push on us, everything will work out somehow. As you said, "freedom to suffer".