The Great Reset - lol we're all screwed

will you submit yourself to this new world order

• Total voters

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's funny really. As much as I would love to believe that this horrifying future everyone is talking about won't come to pass, I can't deny the fact that many people have in fact abandoned God. It feels like many people have replaced him with people like political candidates, corporations, social media stars, ect. And I see nothing but misery there.

Growing up, I was always a bit skeptical about his existence, but I don't know, nowadays, I've been moving further and further towards believing in him. There's just something that feels... right about the whole thing.

Maybe it is a form of coping, but based on what I mentioned above, human beings have a natural desire to look upon someone or something in power for guidance and peace of mind.

The problem with everything that isn't God is that they all demand something of you. Your vote, your subscription, your donation, ect.

God doesn't seem to demand anything but your faith in him. And that you try your best and be good to your fellow man.

Even if things end up going topside, as long as we stay true to ourselves and not give in to this false version of reality these people push on us, everything will work out somehow. As you said, "freedom to suffer".
If by this point in time it isn't clear that belief in God is better than the alternative then I don't know what to tell you, just look around you at the world today.

We see now what a society that turns it's back on God looks like and it's nothing good, it creates a power vacuum where something far worse is going to fill it, we get chaos, we get insanity, we get people who insist "reality is whatever I say it is", we don't get a more logical, rational society, that's now as much a fantasy as what the atheists accuse belief in God of being, a rational secular society is a fairy tale.

Human beings simply aren't rational creatures, belief in God helps structure our minds and our civilizations into something that works, the alternative simply doesn't work, we've tried it, it's had it's day and it only took about a decade for it to fail, it simply doesn't work, it's actually hilarious how little time it took for things to start going south.

That's all the proof of the existence of God one needs.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
If by this point in time it isn't clear that belief in God is better than the alternative then I don't know what to tell you, just look around you at the world today.
I think the empirical evidence paints an opposite picture. Data on religiosity by country tends to correlate negatively with the data on happiness, conflict, prosperity, education, and freedom by country.

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the empirical evidence paints an opposite picture. Data on religiosity by country tends to correlate negatively with the data on happiness, conflict, prosperity, education, and freedom by country.
The weird thing about data on happiness is that the supposed happiest countries also have the highest use of anti-depressants. Not uncommonly above 10% of the population.

So are we really measuring happiness or degree of drug haze?

Possibly the least religious country is China, and it certainly doesn't have any of this happiness or freedom, and barely the education. They do have plenty of conflict. They recently armed their soldiers with poleaxes / halberds, for the area where they agreed with india to not have guns, so they're well set for conflict. Occassional skirmishes with handfuls of deaths.

Prosperity? The relationship seems inverse to me, where poor people are more likely drawn to religion. And rich people more likely to stray from religion.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
The weird thing about data on happiness is that the supposed happiest countries also have the highest use of anti-depressants. Not uncommonly above 10% of the population.
I've only been able to find data on OECD countries, although there doesn't seem to be much of a correlation from what I've seen. The Netherlands is consistently ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world, for example, and it is also at the lower end of the list when it comes to antidepressant use. If we look at the data on religiosity, the correlation is even weaker: Estonia is one of the least religious countries in the world, and is also ranked 4th lowest for antidepressant consumption behind Hungary, South Korea, and Latvia.
Prosperity? The relationship seems inverse to me, where poor people are more likely drawn to religion. And rich people more likely to stray from religion.
The relationship is inverse. Religiosity correlates negatively with personal wealth and economic development in most cases.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Netherlands is consistently ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world, for example, and it is also at the lower end of the list when it comes to antidepressant use
Lowest antidepressant usage?

1 in 9 of 75+ yo

1.1 million out of 17.4 million people used antidepressants in 2017

Wemay not quite be at american levels but we're getting pretty close.

antidepressant_chart_pp9b2.jpg

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
Lowest antidepressant usage?

1 in 9 of 75+ yo

1.1 million out of 17.4 million people used antidepressants in 2017

Wemay not quite be at american levels but we're getting pretty close.

View attachment 1804019
It's among the lowest in the OECD countries, and the 1 in 9 figure only concerns the over 75s demographic. For the total population, the OECD data paints a different picture:
OECD antidepressant usage.jpg

42 out of 1000 people is considerably less than 1 in 9, and it's a lot less than the level in the United States, which is both more religious, and reports lower levels of overall happiness.

I simply don't find the idea that increased religiosity necessarily leads to a more functional society to be at all compelling. Where is the hard evidence to support such a claim?

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
42 out of 1000 people is considerably less than 1 in 9,
Yes and inaccurate.

1.1 million out of 17.4 million is higher than 42 out of 1000.

What are those? Year 2002 numbers?

I simply don't find the idea that increased religiosity necessarily leads to a more functional society to be at all compelling. Where is the hard evidence to support such a claim?
You were making the inverse claim, tho.

I'm not convinced about either claim.

Brazil is certainly both religious and happy. Czech republic is non-religious and happy. US is kinda religious and happy. China is non-religious and not so happy. African countries are typically religious and not so happy.

Not that happiness is the be all of how well things are going, but I don't see a clear relationship between the two in either direction.

And I find happiness stats kinda suspect with the degrees that that happiness is coming from pills in certain countries.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
What are those? Year 2002 numbers?
2013:
Yes and inaccurate.
Why is it inaccurate?
1.1 million out of 17.4 million is higher than 42 out of 1000.
The 1.1 million figure was based upon the number of people who used antidepressants at any point in a given year. It was not the figure of the number of people using antidepressants at any given time.

Even so, 1.1 million out of 17.3 millions amounts to 63 out of 1000 people, so still considerably less than the United States.
You were making the inverse claim, tho.

I'm not convinced about either claim.
My claim was one of correlation, not causation. I don't believe that increased religiosity automatically makes societies less functional, I simply observe that less functional societies tend to be more religious, which I believe adequately rebuts the claim that increased religiosity produces better societies. Even within the United States, the less religious parts of the country tend to be better places to live.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2013:

Why is it inaccurate?

The 1.1 million figure was based upon the number of people who used antidepressants at any point in a given year. It was not the figure of the number of people using antidepressants at any given time.

Even so, 1.1 million out of 17.3 millions amounts to 63 out of 1000 people, so still considerably less than the United States.

My claim was one of correlation, not causation. I don't believe that increased religiosity automatically makes societies less functional, I simply observe that less functional societies tend to be more religious, which I believe adequately rebuts the claim that increased religiosity produces better societies. Even within the United States, the less religious parts of the country tend to be better places to live.

The experiment is still running. This idea of a godless society is only 40 years old at this point. It really was only in the 1980s that the urban elite stopped worshipping god and started worshipping themselves. In would argue the negative attributes of not having religion are starting to manifest, starting with increased permissiveness of socially destructive practices and an influx of dangerous new dogmas to replace the old one.

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm pretty doubtful on self-driving vehicles too largely because not every vehicle is self-driving. Let's assume the self-driving vehicle obeys all traffic laws. That doesn't mean the vehicles around them do. How often do you see people fuck up a lane change? How many people change lanes at the last second despite being warned of construction well in advance? How many drivers cut across lanes to get to the off-ramp? How many times do you see illegal U-turns? How many times does traffic inexplicably stop?

And how about pedestrians? Every fucking pedestrian I've ever seen is an oblivious moo-cow. They don't even have to be looking at their phones to be completely oblivious to their surroundings. A working robo-car's got to stop for them. It can't navigate around them because their movements are potentially erratic. As long as human beings are ambulatory, a good robo-car has to be able to account for chaotic actions.

I think I have sympathy for Skynet now.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net

We see now what a society that turns it's back on God looks like and it's nothing good, it creates a power vacuum where something far worse is going to fill it, we get chaos, we get insanity, we get people who insist "reality is whatever I say it is", we don't get a more logical, rational society, that's now as much a fantasy as what the atheists accuse belief in God of being, a rational secular society is a fairy tale.

Human beings simply aren't rational creatures, belief in God helps structure our minds and our civilizations into something that works, the alternative simply doesn't work, we've tried it, it's had it's day and it only took about a decade for it to fail, it simply doesn't work, it's actually hilarious how little time it took for things to start going south.

That's all the proof of the existence of God one needs.
I think those Buddhists, Christians, Pagans, etc. have a point.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
There will never be a godless society, what we been seeing for the last half century is how as culture takes a shit on established religions people just move into another religion, they don't become true atheists, many remain "spiritual" and shit

Even apparently atheists movements degenerate into religion-like dogmatic bullshit, there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that current lefty wokeism isn't practically a religion. These crazies are almost anti-science in how they pick and choose what results to believe and which they dont, bring a study they dont like and you get the galileo experience of getting a bunch of crazy fundies trying to end you

Wokeism its basically jesuit liberation theology from latin america sans the christianity. Coincidentally that bullshit is what turned what used to be also-ran countries like Argentina and Brazil into the shitholes we know today, because much like wokes they believed in what they wanted to believe and fuck reality

The great reset was coming a long time ago, its what happens when you get 2 billion chinese and indians moving from being dirt-poor to be able to have some nice things. The planet just cant handle all this shit, it was barely able to handle the 1 billion burgers and yuros living large for 50 years. In the last 20-30 years since china went from shithole to where it is now the extinction of species went into overdrive, emissions are gone to shit and plastic pollution its off the scale, tho indians have more to do with that last one

Shit's about to collapse, so basically the richfags way up top have to make a choice: either they take a real hit in their jet-set, mega-yatch, multiple mansion lifestyle..........or everybody else's quality of life goes down big time

Guess which option they went with?

If the great reset gets applied globally it will be a disaster for some and a godsend for others. If you live in any country thats above subsaharan levels you're fucked, and if you live in a first-world country you're reaaaaaally fucked, like worse than your great grandparents in the 1930s. But if you're zambo living in the congo having to walk 4 miles for water while pushing one of those chukudu wood-bikes, going from that to living in a rented pod with a rented electric scooter and eating bug burgers its a massive upgrade. There's around 1 billion people living more or less like zambo, those will likely support becoming rentoids for life

Theres no big illuminati conspiracy here, its simply what happens when so few people own so much and are so powerful they get to do whatever the fuck they want like censoring the president of the biggest country in the world. I see boston dynamics robots and I see the future armies that will protect this status quo, so its not like you can expect a military coup to change things around. And even if that happened the military are more likely to simply replace the billionaires and keep things as usual, or worse and we all become literal serfs to a new military nobility which is basically what the middle ages were

So unless you can become a billionaire in the next 5-10 years you're fucked, better get used to live in a tiny house and eat those cricket candy bars because when this reset shit goes live that will be the upper-middle class life compared to everybody else living in a pod or a closet-apartment like the ones in china

Last edited:

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net
Someone please tell me line by line what the great reset is?
I tried reading it on the website and all I got was empty corp speak

As for the god thing?
Consider the following:
A person as an individual is very vulnerable. We live in a world that will kill you.
Belief in religion is an act of defiance against the ruthless tyranny of natures laws.

Last edited:

thriphhole

kiwifarms.net

As for the god thing?
Consider the following:
A person as an individual is very vulnerable. We live in a world that will kill you.
Belief in religion is an act of defiance against the ruthless tyranny of natures laws.
Start by reading about agenda 21. It has been around for a while. They are ahead of schedule, NWO.

cybertoaster

kiwifarms.net

As for the god thing?
Consider the following:
I just wrote what it is, read nigga READ!

Bussyking7

kiwifarms.net
There will never be a godless society, what we been seeing for the last half century is how as culture takes a shit on established religions people just move into another religion, they don't become true atheists, many remain "spiritual" and shit

Even apparently atheists movements degenerate into religion-like dogmatic bullshit, there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that current lefty wokeism isn't practically a religion. These crazies are almost anti-science in how they pick and choose what results to believe and which they dont, bring a study they dont like and you get the galileo experience of getting a bunch of crazy fundies trying to end you

Wokeism its basically jesuit liberation theology from latin america sans the christianity. Coincidentally that bullshit is what turned what used to be also-ran countries like Argentina and Brazil into the shitholes we know today, because much like wokes they believed in what they wanted to believe and fuck reality

The great reset was coming a long time ago, its what happens when you get 2 billion chinese and indians moving from being dirt-poor to be able to have some nice things. The planet just cant handle all this shit, it was barely able to handle the 1 billion burgers and yuros living large for 50 years. In the last 20-30 years since china went from shithole to where it is now the extinction of species went into overdrive, emissions are gone to shit and plastic pollution its off the scale, tho indians have more to do with that last one

Shit's about to collapse, so basically the richfags way up top have to make a choice: either they take a real hit in their jet-set, mega-yatch, multiple mansion lifestyle..........or everybody else's quality of life goes down big time

Guess which option they went with?

If the great reset gets applied globally it will be a disaster for some and a godsend for others. If you live in any country thats above subsaharan levels you're fucked, and if you live in a first-world country you're reaaaaaally fucked, like worse than your great grandparents in the 1930s. But if you're zambo living in the congo having to walk 4 miles for water while pushing one of those chukudu wood-bikes, going from that to living in a rented pod with a rented electric scooter and eating bug burgers its a massive upgrade. There's around 1 billion people living more or less like zambo, those will likely support becoming rentoids for life

Theres no big illuminati conspiracy here, its simply what happens when so few people own so much and are so powerful they get to do whatever the fuck they want like censoring the president of the biggest country in the world. I see boston dynamics robots and I see the future armies that will protect this status quo, so its not like you can expect a military coup to change things around. And even if that happened the military are more likely to simply replace the billionaires and keep things as usual, or worse and we all become literal serfs to a new military nobility which is basically what the middle ages were

So unless you can become a billionaire in the next 5-10 years you're fucked, better get used to live in a tiny house and eat those cricket candy bars because when this reset shit goes live that will be the upper-middle class life compared to everybody else living in a pod or a closet-apartment like the ones in china
Words words words words words. We live in the greatest period of human history, Malthus was disproven a long time ago, and this whole great reset thing is a bunch of mongoloids smelling their own farts. Who takes the WEF seriously.

cybertoaster

kiwifarms.net
Haha do you even know what malthusian economics is? if that were the case there wouldnt even be bugs or pods, they would leave you to die, mulch your body and use the fat to make diesel

And before you ask: yes, you can make diesel with people, its been tried, no biggie