The Great Star Wars Manosphere Chimpout of 2015-2016

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL99

Healers Love Me
kiwifarms.net
@trombonista mentioned we could probably have a whole thread dedicated to the (equally) hysterical and impotent reactions the Manosphere had to The Force Awakens, and after doing some digging I'm inclined to agree. Here are a few choice nuggets of rage I've found, feel free to add your own.

"The Rational Male" has probably the most long-winded tl;dr condemnation of TFA for "serving the Feminine Imperative" or something like that: https://archive.md/wZVxy Also see the comments for some hilarious infighting about spoilers that I screencapped in another thread.

According to Vox Day, the movie is yet more proof that Women Ruin Everything: https://archive.md/rQaRY

From the Davis Aurini thread, the movie is proof that Hollywood Hates White Men! https://archive.md/tHWda

The MGTOW, predictably, hate Rey: https://archive.md/vC8YX

Also see https://archive.md/zckS1 for "Spank the Misandrists" claiming women don't "really" like Star Wars.

The Christian Taliban also don't seem to like the movie too much, judging from Dalrock's blog:

https://archive.md/b9dGk - With The Force Awakens, feminists have taken away yet another element of Manly Pride!

https://archive.md/h7Jeh - Haha! Feminists disagree on whether or not Rey is a Mary Sue! Truly proving that Feminism is doomed to implode on itself and that their nefarious plots will fail in the long run.

And, of course, a collection like this wouldn't be complete without some magnificant self-delusion from Return of Kings, also mentioned in the other Star Wars thread in Events and News.

The Ultimate Social Justice Film: https://archive.md/08Dvy According to the author, we must all boycott it! Of course, it doesn't seem like the boycott did much good, but that hasn't stopped Roosh:

https://archive.md/zqlGv

Looking through all this splenetic ranting, there's one thing in particular that amuses me: Pretty much all of these manosphere goofs are some brand of libertarian, occasionally even veering into Ayn Randism with their claims of "going Galt." It goes without saying they're big fans of capitalism. Yet when a "feminist" film (so they say) makes more money than literally anything ever fair and square in the free market, they whine their heads off about the injustice and the unfairness of it all. Guess the 'invisible hand' hasn't treated them so well.

Oglooger

One of few based™ oldfags
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one liked Rei. she was boring and somehow knew how to force and shit. at least that's what I got when discussing it with others.
I still don't get why these mirror SJWs are saying this is cuck propaganda. it was just a reboot of episode VII.

Lorento

Nick Clegg's biggest fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From the Return of kings article.

"Captain Phasma is given command of the First Order’s elite stormtroopers but she has the same biology as in our world, where no woman has ever passed the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course."

Literally the first words on screen are,

"A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away"

I feel he's reaching ever so slightly for a character with barely any screentime.

ChuckSlaughter

You mean I got about 200 bitcoins
kiwifarms.net

"Captain Phasma is given command of the First Order’s elite stormtroopers but she has the same biology as in our world, where no woman has ever passed the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course."

Literally the first words on screen are,

"A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away"

I feel he's reaching ever so slightly for a character with barely any screentime.
All these idiots are the same as wu... overthinking a movie that never wanted to be taken seriously and exists only to allow disney to make other movies.
No one liked Rei. she was boring and somehow knew how to force and shit.
I liked rei actually.
The thing I didn't like was random people meeting up with each other after decades across a whole galaxy as well as like you mentioned.. rei all of a sudden getting the force, knowing how to use it, and stuff like that.

As long as I suspended my disbelief as hard as I could the movie was actually very enjoyable but I hope that's all out of the way and disney won't force me to avoid thinking about the plot next time around.

OT Edit: Also the props and clothes were way too clean sometimes, darth whatever's mask shouldn't be bashed and battle worn the way it was he's a military leader... some random background extra's clothes in a backwards shithole planet should at least not look straight off the hanger they could have sprayed them with bleach or acid, or cellulase and ran them through some washers or driers or made them out of harvested fabric from goodwill or something I just hate that crisp clothes in sci-fi shit it's so sci-fi channel miniseries and has no place in star wars where shit's supposed to be gritty.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obviously having a female sci-fi/action/thriller/whatever lead is going to unravel the very fabric of masculinity itself. I mean, it's not as if there are literally thousands of male main characters in popular, mainstream media or anything!

I hate it when radfems giggle and gloat about "male tears" and how incredibly fragile masculinity is, but it's kind of hard to not agree with them when you look at shit like this. Obviously tons of men have absolutely no issue with feminine elements coming into mainstream media (I think the enormous critical and commercial success of films like Fury Road and the Force Awakens proves this), but I do think some men (namely dateless, whiny loveshies) have an extremely fragile view of their own masculinity. Anything that's even remotely feminine or female-positive is seen as a threat to the very concept of masculinity itself (never mind the fact that most men don't give a shit).

GL99

Healers Love Me
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what the reaction would have been if the internet existed when the "Alien" franchise came out.

One of the guys in the linked articles, "Anonymous Reader" already started complaining about how Alien kicked off the invasion of feminism into scifi movies. I say it's only a matter of time before they call Tolkien a "mangina" for having Eowyn deal the killing blow to that evil phantom in Return of the King.

AnOminous

Go Speed Racer Go!
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ultimate Social Justice Film: https://archive.md/08Dvy According to the author, we must all boycott it! Of course, it doesn't seem like the boycott did much good, but that hasn't stopped Roosh:

Do these morons realize that if they actually get people to associate the hugest movie success in all of fucking history with "social justice," they are actually popularizing social justice?

Lorento

Nick Clegg's biggest fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I say it's only a matter of time before they call Tolkien a "mangina" for having Eowyn deal the killing blow to that evil phantom in Return of the King.
Don't forget that other shit, like Luthien in the Silmarillion sending Morgoth to sleep in order to steal a Silmaril from his crown. What a complete :cuck:, Beren should've done it all by himself. It's genetics don'tcha know?

Skeletor

Premeditated Worder
kiwifarms.net

"Captain Phasma is given command of the First Order’s elite stormtroopers but she has the same biology as in our world, where no woman has ever passed the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course.".

A. We have women in the military today who are 4-star generals.

B. Aren't the stormtroopers grown in a lab? GTFO with this "same biology" nonsense. Cpt. Phasma could be some cyber-roided Rhonda Rousey monstrosity for all we know.

C. My phone wants to autocorrect "Captain Phasma" to "Captain Aphasia." I find that amusing.

Last edited:

supdup

my sins are not quite seven
kiwifarms.net
A. We have women in the military today who are 4-star generals.

The experiment the marines are doing with the Infantry Officer Course has some very suspect data. Historically the course has a 25% attrition rate, but during the experiment where females were involved, only 9 men out of 90 passed the course. Something isn't adding up.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
B. Aren't the stormtroopers grown in a lab? GTFO with this "same biology" nonsense. Cpt. Phasma could be some cyber-roided Rhonda Rousey monstrosity for all we know.
In the expanded universe (which is no longer canon but they are probably not changing this detail) the stormtroopers were originally all clones of Jango Fett but his DNA degraded so they started allowing new enlistments and would clone the best stormtroopers

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net
Whenever people freak out about Rey or there being a black Stormtrooper I honestly wonder if they know shit is fake. Like do they think Chewie is a suppression of white people as well since he's brown?

Nah he's a beacon of crushing the patriarchy because you see Chewie is actually a tall human woman who refuses to shave. His real name is Brianna Wu.

Lorento

Nick Clegg's biggest fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait. I thought about this for a few seconds and I realised something

So the issue is apparently that Rey is just Luke Skywalker but a girl right? So they want it to be a guy because then it's not feminist propaganda. And Episode 7 is just Episode 4 but with better graphics.

So what they're saying is that they just want Episode 4 again.

Autism. Pure, unadulterated, 100% freshly squeezed atismu.

K>C

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget that other shit, like Luthien in the Silmarillion sending Morgoth to sleep in order to steal a Silmaril from his crown. What a complete :cuck:, Beren should've done it all by himself. It's genetics don'tcha know?

Tolkien is a beta cuck- somewhere in the manosphere 2016. Luthien was Tolkien's wife insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.