The Great Star Wars Manosphere Chimpout of 2015-2016

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Look at all that bitter nerd rage in this rant and the comments. :lol:

Not much of a difference between these chumps and SJWs whining about "problematic" nonsense.

Just imagine living a life where you refuse to enjoy a film...

http://www.returnofkings.com/75991/...e-awakens-is-a-social-justice-propaganda-film
Shit son, at least problematic can be a reasonable thing to say about a film. Saying Birth of a Nation is problematic has some merit to it. They're losing their shit over a movie with space ships and giant talking dog-bears.

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good grief.

Rey's a prime example of feminism gone bad in entertainment--because they had to have a female character, and so they had to make her insanely over-powered, because how else would you have a "strong" female character?--but it's not like this is some kind of evil plot to marginalize white men. It's just a badly written sequel by a guy who's probably not into the fandom and a studio that makes billions of dollars by sticking to a formula.

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, but you see, having strong female and minority characters automatically means you're attacking white men, because I have autism and am literally incapable of empathizing with anyone who doesn't look like me and am also a whining manchild

Well, I have to disagree that Rey is a "strong female character"--she's not even really a character, just a vessel for girl powar and a token female--but you're right about the attitude in general by the manchildren. It wouldn't have gone over any better if Finn had been the Ultimate Hero of Destiny.

MarineTrainedTard

I'm the guy who wipes down the loads
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's true. I legit forget about Rey half the time because while she's OMG SUPER DUPER STRONG AND THE BESTEST she's completely overshadowed as a character by Finn (who a lot of them also seem to hate) and Poe.

But even if Rey had been an excellent character, they'd still be shitting their pants.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
I found this 'tard on youtube, he's uses so many complaints we saw in all the other manosphere rants that you could play bingo using this video.:

Striped shirt, headband, early Andy Samburg hair. Dude's points are invalid due to wackness alone.

Well, I have to disagree that Rey is a "strong female character"--she's not even really a character, just a vessel for girl powar and a token female--but you're right about the attitude in general by the manchildren. It wouldn't have gone over any better if Finn had been the Ultimate Hero of Destiny.
Because Star Wars was a beacon of great writing in the first place? Come on dogg, lets not act like shit wasn't a vessel for basic storytelling and fun effects in the first place. Her character is no better nor worse than Luke was.

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because Star Wars was a beacon of great writing in the first place? Come on dogg, lets not act like shit wasn't a vessel for basic storytelling and fun effects in the first place. Her character is no better nor worse than Luke was.

I didn't say it was great, homes. ;)

I could defend the position that Luke was a better character than Rey, but that'd go way the hell off-topic and anyway, these guys are hypersensitive idiots who need a nice warm bath and some chocolate. In substance, we agree!

DykesDykesChina

Human/Science
Deceased
kiwifarms.net
I found this 'tard on youtube, he's uses so many complaints we saw in all the other manosphere rants that you could play bingo using this video.:

Now I know what they mean by: "Get a life!"

BTW how come they didn't chimp out about "Kill Bill" and the Grindhouse double feature ("Death Proof" + "Planet Terror"), these movies were all about girl power and women being super-capable fighters.

VLAD

I may be but small, but I will die a colossus.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
BTW how come they didn't chimp out about "Kill Bill" and the Grindhouse double feature ("Death Proof" + "Planet Terror"), these movies were all about girl power and women being super-capable fighters.
That was like eight or nine years ago, dude. They were too young to get into the theater.

Krieger

kiwifarms.net

Somehow his manosphere rants combined with that outfit only makes me MORE convinced someone thawed out some idiot from the 1970s. I'd say he broke Poe's Law, but that assumes he wasn't serious.

Fraudius

kiwifarms.net
Explain to me why the fuck is this even a thing, considering there's been a strong female character since Leia (IMO).

Perhaps it's just the time. A lot of these guys are middle aged, so perhaps it's kind of the manchild's version of a midlife crisis. Think about how depressing it must feel to be approaching 40, and to look in the mirror every morning and seeing Davis Aurini staring back at you. Better to find a scapegoat to blame for your feelings of inadequacy, rather than facing the reality that you are just inadequate.

DykesDykesChina

Human/Science
Deceased
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps it's just the time. A lot of these guys are middle aged, so perhaps it's kind of the manchild's version of a midlife crisis. Think about how depressing it must feel to be approaching 40, and to look in the mirror every morning and seeing Davis Aurini staring back at you. Better to find a scapegoat to blame for your feelings of inadequacy, rather than facing the reality that you are just inadequate.

This dude isn't near 40 though. He's probably around 25 and dresses like a teenage character from an 80s college movie.

Admiral Piett

Transdiemensional Racist
kiwifarms.net
Are they already chimping at the new trailer? It has tough female main character, so it must be the nefarious work of the SJW conspiracy.
Yes there is my friend. The comments are filled with gems like these:
StarWarsSalt.png
StarWarsSalt2.png
StarWarsSalt3.png
StarWarsSalt4.png
StarWarsSalt5.png

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes there is my friend. The comments are filled with gems like these:

I have a theory at least half these idiots wouldn't even think twice if there weren't gloating internet news headlines about "... AND THE NEW LEAD IS A GIRL!" Like the articles are a giant honeypot for exceptional individuals.

Happy Buddha's kind of veering into some white supremacist territory with being upset about black people showing up in Empire, though.

Admiral Piett

Transdiemensional Racist
kiwifarms.net
These trailers, like the Ghostbusters* and Force Awakens, are just filled with cancerous comments like this one.

It makes me ashamed to be associated as a fan of Star Wars with all these arseholes posting sexist and racist things.

*To be fair though, the Ghostbusters trailer doesn't look good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.