The Great Twitter Meltdown of 2021 - Emulator creator Byuu bullied to death by HateSpeech™ forum, Twitter takes up arms

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Will This Be Of Any Consequence?

• Yes, Kiwi Farms terrorists will be publicly hanged

Votes: 599 14.6%
  • Yes, Kiwi Farms will be shut down

Votes: 87 2.1%
  • No, 41% the army has already taken 41% casualties

Votes: 1,416 34.5%
  • No, this backfires and MATI goes viral

Votes: 599 14.6%
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Votes: 1,409 34.3%

• Total voters

Chujkurwa

We got silk pussy.
kiwifarms.net
fukf.png

EDIT: FUCK shutterstock watermarks.

Last edited:

Exceptionally Exceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still find it hilarious that there is absolutely no proof he's even dead but it's just taken as gospel despite reeking of the gayest of gay ops.

Besides, if a 13 page thread that was more or less collecting dust for ages got the guy to kill himself then all I can say is: Good riddance to the weak little faggot, if it wasn't his thread he would have killed himself over an order of undercooked noodles or his favorite anime getting cancelled or some shit.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
For instance, that SaveWizard site is probably breaking US law. They are able to sign PS4 save files, and that means that they have circumvented the encryption and are selling it as a service. That's probably not legal in the US.
It's nominally illegal under the DMCA to circumvent copy-protection measures, with some poorly defined exceptions for reverse engineering, interoperability, security research, encryption research, and a couple others, which more or less nobody knows what they actually mean. So they're probably wise to keep their real names out of it unless they have nearly unlimited money to litigate against monsters like Sony and Nintendo.

lemmiwinks

кремлеботы
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's nominally illegal under the DMCA to circumvent copy-protection measures, with some poorly defined exceptions for reverse engineering, interoperability, security research, encryption research, and a couple others, which more or less nobody knows what they actually mean. So they're probably wise to keep their real names out of it unless they have nearly unlimited money to litigate against monsters like Sony and Nintendo.
The reason I mentioned the SaveWizard instance is that the DMCA has language expressly forbidding the sale of services to circumvent encryption. It does not benefit from the DMCA exemptions for reverse engineering or archival purposes.

All these guys are well aware of this. Some old timers (Max Lourn and Gary Bowser) from these grey market circles are currently being prosecuted for similar shit (See https://archive.ph/v5Nc3)
Trafficking in Circumvention Tools

Tools that Circumvent Access Controls
The DMCA’s ban on circumventing access control measures is supplemented by its prohibition on trafficking in certain products and services that in effect “aid and abet” those who would “break and enter,” i.e., circumvent access control measures. This rule prohibits trafficking in such tools by barring the manufacture, import, offering to the public, providing or otherwise trafficking in any technology, product, service, device, component or part that:

1. is “primarily designed or produced for the purpose of circumventing a technological measure” that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work,
  2. has “only limited commercially significant purpose or use other than to circumvent a technological measure” that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work, or
  3. is marketed for use in circumventing a technological measure that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work.
Tools that Circumvent Controls on Copying. The DMCA also implements a ban on trafficking in a second category of products and services: those that target the circumvention of copy controls and other technological measures that effectively protect the rights of a copyright owner under the Copyright Act. The rights of a copyright owner include the exclusive right to reproduce the work, to prepare derivative works, to distribute copies, to perform a work and to display a work. (In this Article the term “copying” is used as shorthand for the exercise of any of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner.) The DMCA’s formulation of this additional ban on trafficking in tools that circumvent copying controls is parallel to the prohibition described above on products that circumvent access controls. I.e., the prohibition on trafficking applies to tools that are primarily designed or marketed for the purpose of circumventing copy controls, or have only limited commercially significant purpose other than to circumvent copy controls.
The DMCA’s distinction between accessing a work and copying a work recognizes that one may have purchased the right to access a work, but yet remain subject to copy controls that limit or prevent copying of the work. The DMCA bars trafficking in tools that circumvent either access controls or copying controls. However, the DMCA does not ban the act itself of circumventing copying controls, although it does ban the act of circumventing access controls. Unauthorized copying (except as allowed by the fair use rules), making derivative works, distributing copies, etc. has long been prohibited by the Copyright Act, so apparently no new prohibition was felt necessary. In contrast, before the DMCA the act of circumventing access control technology was not itself unlawful.

The prohibition against trafficking in tools to circumvent access controls has been applied broadly by the courts. Since similar language is used in the statute, presumably the ban on trafficking in tools to circumvent copy controls would also be applied broadly . In Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Corley, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 2001 upheld a lower court injunction against the Internet Web site www.2600.com, which is affiliated with the magazine 2600: The Hacker Quarterly. The owners of the Web site had posted the computer program DeCSS, which can be used by purchasers of DVDs to access the encrypted movies by decrypting the encryption scheme used on all movie DVDs sold in the U.S. The unencrypted movies can then be played on any personal computer, copied and transmitted over the Internet. The injunction prohibited the owners of the Web site from posting the program DeCSS. The owners complied, but then posted links to other, foreign Web sites from which DeCSS could be downloaded. The final injunction was modified to prohibit the Web site owners from even posting the hypertext links to other sites from which DeCSS could be obtained. The Court of Appeals concluded that the defendants’ posting of links to other Web sites constituted, in the words of the statute, “trafficking” in DeCSS. The defendants’ challenges to the injunction on several grounds, including “fair use” and First Amendment bases, were completely rejected by the Court of Appeal.
Source (Archive)

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The reason I mentioned the SaveWizard instance is that the DMCA has language expressly forbidding the sale of services to circumvent encryption. It does not benefit from the DMCA exemptions for reverse engineering or archival purposes.

All these guys are well aware of this. Some old timers (Max Lourn and Gary Bowser) from these grey market circles are currently being prosecuted for similar shit (See https://archive.ph/v5Nc3)

Source (Archive)
People sell things including DeCSS to this day, which is purely an anti-circumvention software. The case law on it has been mixed but so far, it hasn't been found specifically to violate the DMCA anti-circumvention provisions. I think it's very unlikely this law could be interpreted the way the copy-protection goons want it to be against anything with substantial non-infringing uses.

Considering the DeCSS code itself was held to be protected speech, it didn't violate trade secret law. For some reason, they didn't press DMCA charges even though they would seem to be custom-made for such an issue.

They benefit more from the chilling effect of doubt and uncertainty about what the law actually is than resolving the issue, especially considering the issue could easily be resolved against them.

Absurdist Laughter

The Man Who Laughs
kiwifarms.net
If I recall correctly Byuu was going to give Null 120k, his life savings, according to the emails. I am inclined to believe that number is real as he had no kids, no other interests than sperging and emulation, and worked at least part-time. Some autists are surprisingly good at saving that way. So I think he was financially well off.

Not that it matters because this is all fake and he is clearly still alive. But it's kinda funny that these guys didn't put a little more money into their hoax.
The problem here is, like his death, he may have lied about having the cash for entrapment purposes.

Cavalier Cipolla

Водка плохо, Супер Нинтендо хорошо!
kiwifarms.net
Shit, looks like someone might be trying to DDoS again, though if true, it's probably some Walmart botnet. Looked for CIA Nigger's thread some time ago to see how active is it, and I got an SSL Handshake error. And now the site was loading a bit slower than usual.
Maybe it's something else, something random, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, in case it turns out to be true, and some more premium Chink, Pajeet or Russian botnet ends up to be used.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Shit, looks like someone might be trying to DDoS again, though if true, it's probably some Walmart botnet. Looked for CIA Nigger's thread some time ago to see how active is it, and I got an SSL Handshake error. And now the site was loading a bit slower than usual.
Maybe it's something else, something random, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, in case it turns out to be true, and some more premium Chink, Pajeet or Russian botnet ends up to be used.
Before that it seems it was coordinated with Youtube actually blocking video embeds from the site on any kiwi farms domain. Something's fucky.

Joe Swanson

Famed Tv Cripple
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're on a VPN with a kill switch there's a good chance it just shat the bed for a second and booted you offline

centaursTesticle [CT]

I'm not like other guys, I have a pussy.
kiwifarms.net
I think it is Paracord from the picture in the email sent to Null. See it's tied to the door handle, just like in the "An Hero's Guide to Winning". This is high-grade memetics, many layers.
Wait I'm sorry I tried looking it up myself but got no answers. Why would someone tie the cord to a door handle to kill themselves? Is it an alternative for if they dont have anywhere on the ceiling or high enough to hang themselves from, and if so is it used like a pulley? Or do they just kinda sit down below the door and choke. And wouldnt the thing slip off the handle anyways? Or is it some rube goldberg thing where the handle is supposed to slip and turns the cord ect?
I know I probably sound actually retarded for asking this, sorry in advance.