The Greatest Youtube Videos -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Of remote and niche interest, footage from a Chicago-based hospital closed-circuit TV broadcast of BINGO!

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Of some mild interest, 17 minutes of a home video recording from 1972(?). I always get a kick out of these things as they are a snapshot of a world that was and the people who lived it.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
A forgotten Nickelodeon series from 1980!
As I'm largely unfamiliar with Nickelodeon outside of what it looked like between the '90s and early 2000s, seeing stuff like this is pretty fascinating. Kinda interesting how the channel used to be more adventurous and experimental than Cartoon Network despite being quite a bit older.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As I'm largely unfamiliar with Nickelodeon outside of what it looked like between the '90s and early 2000s, seeing stuff like this is pretty fascinating. Kinda interesting how the channel used to be more adventurous and experimental than Cartoon Network despite being quite a bit older.
Yes, this was the Nick I grew up on. Probably helped that cable was still a new concept in America and the sort of rules weren't nailed down completely. Nick during the time this show was made was often touted as "PBS you paid for" given its educational content. It was also commercial-free.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Yes, this was the Nick I grew up on. Probably helped that cable was still a new concept in America and the sort of rules weren't nailed down completely. Nick during the time this show was made was often touted as "PBS you paid for" given its educational content. It was also commercial-free.
Sounds awesome! As much as I love stuff like the old Transformers or GI Joe cartoons out of nostalgia, it's nice to see not all '80s children's programs were so hellbent on just selling toys.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby
Tags
None