The growing trend of “White Guilt” being a positive thing -

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn’t really know where to put this, just something I wanted to get off my chest. I acknowledge this is coming from the viewpoint of a white guy in America, and probably doesn’t accurately apply to the entire world.

So apparently this is currently trending on Twitter...

...which just made me think about how it’s becoming so common for white people to feel guilty about their skin color and be eagerly encouraged to do so, to the point that someone simply tweeting “it’s okay to be white” is seen as some sort of henious sin that must be corrected as soon as possible. I know people like to argue things like “white people enslaved black people and killed native Americans, ect ect” but like...how many white people currently living has actually done that? Why has it become such a popular practice to positively encourage people to hate the fact that they’re white, to diminish accomplishments or hardships simply because they’re Caucasian? Does depression somehow become less severe? Does a person who worked their ass off to succeed not deserve to feel good about themselves rather than be told “oh, it’s only because you’re white that you did that”? Like I understand preferencial treatment due to skin color does happen, but that’s not limited to only white people. And no one deserves to treated like shit because of their race, but these days that doesn’t seem to apply to white people.

I dunno, I know there’s people out there who might read this and consider me racist for saying all this, but I just don’t like the idea of people feeling bad about their race only for others to praise them for doing so and encouraging them to keep doing so. It seems like a dangerously slippery slope.

Sorry, I know I’m going in circles here. I just wanted to get that out.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There’s also the case of people seeming to have White Guilt so much they actively go out of their way to shit on anything white people like or just say things like “Kill all white men” and the like. I honestly can’t tell sometimes if they actually believe it or they’re just desperate not to be hated online by people.

Annie

Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl
kiwifarms.net
The people pushing this shit don't realize racism works both ways- you can't have the argument of "I want to stop racism" and then go calling people "privileged white males".

That's as bad as the racism you're trying to stop. Racism stops when everyone has an equal say on how it's stopped, not when one vocal minority takes the helm. It's about treating everyone equally, not treating differences like differences.

Racism isn't ending in my lifetime though lmao

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
There's a video where Beto O'Rourke apologizes for his "white privilege" and one of the black guys next to him just laughs uncontrollably as he spoke.

Now don't get me wrong. I agree white people have had better advantages than colored people and other minority groups throughout our country's history. But being guilty about your race and your ancestors is only counterproductive in my opinion. Like the video mentioned at top, or when Bernie Sanders rally was stopped by the two Black Lives Matters members, shows me that people apologizing for their white guilt don't have a backbone and are nothing more than floor mats to be walked on.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...which just made me think about how it’s becoming so common for white people to feel guilty about their skin color and be eagerly encouraged to do so
These people don't feel guilty. They prostrate themselves to protect themselves and to later use "white guilt" as a power play to put down others.

If they truly felt guilty, they would actually do something productive to help minority communities.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Call me cynical but I think it's all part of a brainwashing campaign. To break people down so they can build them back up as true believers of their ideology. Why else would this movement be so willing to dismiss the personal accomplishments of people? "Oh you were valedictorian and went to college on scholarship then you went started a business and developed a great career. Well, you're white and have privilege so yeah you can't be proud of that. It's all unearned. Now submit to me."

I get where the people being proud over shit they don't have any say over comes from. But they take this shit too far. They act like people have no control or agency over anything in their lives. That going along with their bullshit is the only way to absolve them of the sin of being white.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a video where Beto O'Rourke apologizes for his "white privilege" and one of the black guys next to him just laughs uncontrollably as he spoke.

Now don't get me wrong. I agree white people have had better advantages than colored people and other minority groups throughout our country's history. But being guilty about your race and your ancestors is only counterproductive in my opinion. Like the video mentioned at top, or when Bernie Sanders rally was stopped by the two Black Lives Matters members, shows me that people apologizing for their white guilt don't have a backbone and are nothing more than floor mats to be walked on.
I never understood the “guilt for the ancestors” things. My ancestors were a bunch of people I never met or even lived during the same time as them. Why should I be made to feel guilty over their actions? I had no control over their actions. Hell, I don’t even know what the actions were.

Last edited:

Vorhtbame

Dame Pumpernickel the Crusty
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes "white privilege" strikes me as some kind of humblebrag. It boils down to: "I am white, and therefore I'm wealthier, better educated, better positioned, healthier, and perceived as better-looking than brown people on average. Oh, it's a curse being born so privileged."

It's like white supremacy for cowards.

ETA: I hasten to note that the "advantages" I mentioned are ones they put forward as examples of their "shameful privilege". I question all "facts" asserted by SJWs.

RavenCrow

It's only gay if the balls touch.
kiwifarms.net
White guilt is bullshit. Treat people like people and you have nothing to feel guilty about.

For the most part I think it's just something that makes idiots feel better about themselves. They see themselves as super 'woke' for hating on other white people. Makes them feel superior I guess.

Rootbeer

Bubbly, cloying, and happy
kiwifarms.net
Does a person who worked their ass off to succeed not deserve to feel good about themselves rather than be told “oh, it’s only because you’re white that you did that”?
I think this a sword that cuts both ways as well.

You have someone like me who sees a minority in some executive position, or got into a really good college or whatever and think, "Did they get there because they deserved it? Or were they a diversity hire to make quota?" And I hate feeling that way, everyone should be where they are because of merit and effort.

I don't know how America fell away from MLK's teachings, but I really hope we go back to them, for everyone's well-being.

Good post by the way, I saw that trending on Twitter and hoped someone would make a thread about it.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve seen it both ways. There’s the ones who use it as a way to appear super “woke” and as a means to to feel morally superior to everyone, but I’ve also seen people try to belittle hardships by essentially going “shut up, you’re white. Others have it harder!” to people dealing with depression, poverty, severe illnesses, ect.

Either way, it’s a bunch of crap to try and shame someone like that.

You have someone like me who sees a minority in some executive position, or got into a really good college or whatever and think, "Did they get there because they deserved it? Or were they a diversity hire to make quota?" And I hate feeling that way, everyone should be where they are because of merit and effort.

I don't know how America fell away from MLK's teachings, but I really hope we go back to them, for everyone's well-being.

Good post by the way, I saw that trending on Twitter and hoped someone would make a thread about it.
That’s a really good point too. People are so desperate to draw lines in the sand and accuse the other side of being irredeemable villains, that hardly anyone ever tries to find some common ground. And those that do quickly have their own side turn on them.

It’s all a fucking mess.

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net

I have to confess, that this has happened to me a couple of times, recently. Five years ago, if I saw a black dude or, say, an asian woman in a position of authority or status, I wouldn't have assumed anything other than they probably earned that position through talent or hard work.

Now...it's the opposite. Unless I see evidence that they earned that post, I will just assume they got it by race baiting and white guilt.

Mr. A. L. Mao

Has the inclinations to...mount women
kiwifarms.net
I'm unable to even imagine having an iota of white guilt, it's so alien a concept.

White males have the highest suicide rate out of any race and gender, so I guess this propaganda's effective.
Mix propaganda, actual hardship, white people's penchant for foresight, and the male propensity to succeed at suicide, and it makes perfect sense.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
That’s a really good point too. People are so desperate to draw lines in the sand and accuse the other side of being irredeemable villains, that hardly anyone ever tries to find some common ground. And those that do quickly have their own side turn on them.

It’s all a fucking mess.
Defection cycles are like that.
White guilt is the blueprint for the "muh toxic fanbase" defense that we've seen corporations trot out when audiences don't want their #woke shit. It's a power play, as @eldri said: the Goodwhites asserting their moral superiority over the Badwhites, thereby justifying their treatment of said Badwhites. Don't like illegal immigrants fucking everything up? Cry more white tears, did you know that sixty years ago, a black person got lynched for whistling at a white woman? Check your privilege.

Whites are numerous but stratified, and it's in the interest of the top stratum to keep the lower ones divided, disorganized, and as powerless as possible, because if they ever closed ranks and asserted their prerogative as the majority in a democracy, they could outvote both the top stratum and their client groups in most places, and that can't be allowed to happen if the people on top want to stay on top. So it becomes imperative to propagandize the lower strata with shame, self-hatred, and threats of ostracism to get them to work against their own best interests, while at the same time stifling any attempt by them to organize. "White guilt" is a good way to do this, since attempts to push back against it can be stigmatized and dismissed as "racism," "white supremacy," and (in [the current year]) "literally Hitler." The top stratum already occupies the inside track, so any disadvantages they receive from generalized anti-white sentiment and/or policy is easily ameliorated by the advantages of wealth, status, and connections.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino