The Hitman Fanbase - ft. Hitman Forums, r/Hitman

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I love the Hitman franchise and I actually could explain some of the lore if you're really wanting to get into sperg-cifics about it.

But yeah, one of the reasons why I probably love the franchise is because I keep a safe distance between me and the fandom.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Alright I had to bring this thread back from the dead because some priceless shit has went down recently.

First off, White's back with a hilarious wall of text about how she doesn't like Hitman anymore because of a fish:
whitesperging.png

Link (archive).
She just can't take Hitman seriously anymore guys. All the dignity has been sucked out of it.
mysides.jpg

Ahem.

The Forums have become r/RickandMorty, with fans complaining about the new levels not having rain in them. Yes, rain is somehow important to have in these exotic locations like Miami. Another funny thing happening was this guy talking about how deep the jokes about the South are in one of the Hitman games:
lerickandmorty.png

Link (archive).
Some salt got spilled on the reddit page because some guy posted about the new Hitman only having a limited number of locations in it.
lolcow.png

Turns out the guy's also a massive sperg.
lolcontinued.png

Link (archive).
In other news, Kotti got invited by IO Interactive to play the new Hitman, and suspiciously had nothing really bad to say about it:
Then he went back to ranting about how "muh headturning makes the game too hard".

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of the game, I remembered when Io Interactive was going to replace Agent 47's original voice actor, David Bateson, with William Mapother, in Hitman: Absolution. The community then raised a HUGE stink about it, to the point that Bateson was brought back to do voiceovers as 47 again. It still didn't save that game from being Absolute-Shit though.

Exactly how bad was the ruckus from the community regarding that fiasco? And did other communities had similar reactions when the voice actors for their roles were replaced or announced to be replaced?

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of the game, I remembered when Io Interactive was going to replace Agent 47's original voice actor, David Bateson, with William Mapother, in Hitman: Absolution. The community then raised a HUGE stink about it, to the point that Bateson was brought back to do voiceovers as 47 again. It still didn't save that game from being Absolute-Shit though.

Exactly how bad was the ruckus from the community regarding that fiasco? And did other communities had similar reactions when the voice actors for their roles were replaced or announced to be replaced?

Basically the exact same thing happened when David Hayter got replaced for MGSV. Some people tried to maintain order, saying that there was probably some crazy Kojima plot twist involving it, but in the end, there wasn't anything of the sort.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
So the new Hitman game came out, it's got an 84 or something on Metacritic and people really praised the level design. What are HMF doing? Sperging about animations!
spergA.png spergB.png spergC.png spergD.png spergE.png spergF.png
This is just a small sample, archive here, but there's lots of in-fighting and salt over an animation in a video game not being long enough.

Thiletonomics

kiwifarms.net
So the new Hitman game came out, it's got an 84 or something on Metacritic and people really praised the level design. What are HMF doing? Sperging about animations!
This is just a small sample, archive here, but there's lots of in-fighting and salt over an animation in a video game not being long enough.

What I don't get is why some fans of the game are obsessed with the cinematics being downgraded compared to the 2016 game, albeit it was due to IO's break-up from Square Enix, so they don't have access to SE's fancy cinematics team anymore. Come to think of it, why are people so fascinated with cinematics in video games to begin with, even though you'll probably only watch it once while playing a game, and then skip if you decide to re-play it or it comes up again, or people just ignore the cinematics completely by skipping them.

Last edited:

Gangster Talk

kiwifarms.net
Revisiting this franchise I've forgotten the genuine autism it attracts. In addition to the obsession over minutia like glove textures and rifle unpacking animations, every comment section has about a hundred avatars of Agent 47 looking edgy with screennames like "47VenomKiller47". Without fail these guys are the ones who are sperging out the most aggressively. It's like a Shadow the Hedgehog fanbase in some corners. I guess in conjunction with the gameplay that rewards memorizing large levels and AI paths it's easy for autists to connect with an emotionless robot protagonist.

Skeletor

Premeditated Worder
kiwifarms.net
Man, I’m a huge Hitman sperg who’s played almost all these games and I can’t fathom caring about the “lore” of the franchise. The story is always half-assed and unnecessary, and I’m pretty sure the lore has been retconned over and over. The last game was like “oh, 47 has a brother we never told you about till just now.”

Absolution was the only one that tried to have a proper story line running through it, and that game kinda sucked.

Last edited:

A Random

I'm going to kill them for their asses
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Basically the exact same thing happened when David Hayter got replaced for MGSV. Some people tried to maintain order, saying that there was probably some crazy Kojima plot twist involving it, but in the end, there wasn't anything of the sort.
Isn't the whole deal with Venom Snake a good justification why there'd be no Hayter voice?

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hitman is a collection of "short stories" involving a segued timeline, Absolution is just a wannabe bitch Max Payne knockoff with its Nolanverse edginess. Contracts is the longest segue for just one chapter given the flashbacks.

Last edited:

KookiesNKreem

There is nothing but Luck inside your bag!
kiwifarms.net
Give it a few more games- we might be looking at reaching Sonic levels of autism. Seems promising.

Thiletonomics

kiwifarms.net
Give it a few more games- we might be looking at reaching Sonic levels of autism. Seems promising.

The Hitman series probably wouldn't reach Sonic levels of autism, given how the series is much more niche compared to other popular game titles, the violent nature of the games means that kids probably aren't playing it compared to Sonic games, and there's a lot less media for the series outside of the games besides Sonic. IIRC, there were two movies based on the series, at least one novel, with one that mentions takes place before Absolution, and a lame "origins" comic, which is peanuts compared all of the outside media Sonic has.

People trying to dissect every single aspect of the games and series (as some people do already) to a T does have some autism potential though.

Last edited:

Gutes Zeug

"hello brother!" - Some dead muslim
kiwifarms.net
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/the-politics-of-hitman/30417
It amazes me how people feel the need to discuss politics in a fucking game forum.
Some of them praise it, mostly because "the developer agrees with me so I want more"

A bit late with the archive, since I'm not used to it, over 300 posts have been deleted.
There are some interesting individuals on the thread, Quinn had a couple of exceptional comments, but most have been deleted I think.

Attachments

• screencapture-hitmanforum-t-the-politics-of-hitman-30417-164-2018-12-31-01_10_40.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:

Gangster Talk

kiwifarms.net
Keep in mind this same game has left wing radical militias as villains and once did a target based visually on Hilary Clinton.
This is what's most baffling about that entire thread, in all the arguing about how they should shoot up a college campus, not a single person seemed to even mentioned that the main antagonists in the last game were literal commies and the Colorado level was basically a fanfic about what a competent ANTIFA would look like. I see that someone mentioned Gamergate by the end of the thread for some reason though, because of course