The Horrific War Crimes of Japan, never acknowledged, never atoned for, or apologized for. - Kawaii culture used as propaganda to make Japan look better after killing millions of people.

Will the world ever openly condemn Japan, and will Japan ever accept its history, or just bury it?

• They will never apologize and keep brainwashing their people.

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • They will apologize after another nuke.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • It's actually Trump's fault, Japan Dindu nuffin.

Votes: 46 43.4%

• Total voters

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Everything would be better if america didn't force japan to not become isolationist and none of this would be even spoken about.
Even if they didn't something had to change, Japan was behind the times technologically. Even the Dutch gave them warnings, when Chandler Bing Matthew Perry showed up, and they saw how advanced the ship and weaponry were, this vindicated what the Dutch said. If it wasn't America, someone else would have done it. The other problem about their isolationism is that it made them think they were the Center of the World in Asia that they were better than the rest and that is just one of the things that pissed off other Asian nations, especially the ones they captured during the Sino-Japanese and Russian-Japanese Wars respectively.

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
They are never going to acknowledge it. As well as being taught an alternate history in schools, Japanese people are very naïve. They have very little time off from work and all at the same time so it’s too expensive to travel. When they do save up, they go on a group tour and do the whole of Europe in 3 days. No one speaks anything but Japansese so they all parrot the same misunderstandings about the world to each other. Japanese people seem themselves are some kind of superior race and don’t realise that nearly every country gets lots of tourism and that Japan is the weirdo country.

There's a lot of scummy shit that many contries have done during the 20th century and most of them are playing dumb. E.g:

The Falkland Islands, as some might argue.
Not sure which side you mean here but the Falklands were attacked by Argentina when it was under military rule. No one wanted it to happen. The people living there don’t want to be Argentine.

Kalishnakov

kiwifarms.net
I really like the worldview of "Why won't they apologize, maybe they'll apologize if we nuke their citizens again!?"

When will you apologize for nuking citizens?

Oh says the american, but that was a necessity... many more people would have died if we weren't as brutal as possible to counter the brutality of the Japanese.

What makes your self-justifying realpolitik more right than that of the japanese?

I don't think you can really claim a moral high ground.

I'll go one step further. I think the difference between how germany and japan have dealt with this, shows that japan's method is far better for future success, looking at the severity of the social problems in germany. I know the OP admitted that Germany's way is going too far, but can you really stop the path to becoming Germany once you open the door to that? I'm not too certain one can. Maybe the propaganda and lies by the Japanese government in minimizing their crimes are comparable to what the United States government does in regards to theirs, particularly exemplary in the 2013 repeal of ban on government propaganda against its own people over news networks.

At the end of the movie Memento a point is made about how we all lie to ourselves and distort our history to suit ourselves and help ourselves and certainly in politics nothing is more true and effective.

Shit, for someone who puts the value of truth above almost everything, I've made a pretty compelling argument for deceit and lies in this post. You've caused me to think about some dark shit @Poiseon

Personally ... I prefer the truth, no matter how ugly it is, or whom it hurts.
In the Assange thread, some people are calling him a piece of shit...for what?
He let the truth out of the bag that their political party was full of shiesters?
Facts/ truth are irrelevant with regards to which side is preferred, but at least at that point you know what you are working with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemmingwise

Zersetzung

popular twitch speedrunner edward snowden
kiwifarms.net
Even if they didn't something had to change, Japan was behind the times technologically. Even the Dutch gave them warnings, when Chandler Bing Matthew Perry showed up, and they saw how advanced the ship and weaponry were, this vindicated what the Dutch said. If it wasn't America, someone else would have done it. The other problem about their isolationism is that it made them think they were the Center of the World in Asia that they were better than the rest and that is just one of the things that pissed off other Asian nations, especially the ones they captured during the Sino-Japanese and Russian-Japanese Wars respectively.
It's a consistent theme of colonial-era bullshit that we were justifying our shit by insisting that everyone hates each other and are constantly at war anyway so when we stick our dicks in other regions that's valid because of the right of conquest, or whatever. If it wasn't us, it'd be someone else, so why let ethics complicate anything?

It's a really convenient narrative, especially when you're going a step further with economic warfare, propaganda, and amplifying racial grudges in any way you can think of in order to keep that pot stirred. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if a state of peace occurred in some way other than as a result and justification of state power? Fuck Kant perpetually.

I believed all the bullshit they feed us about Asia when I first went to live there, and it took me a while to realise it made me a tool and was a barrier to really understanding people in the region. Not that I think I do now, but it's a complex veil of bullshit that's only confused by swallowing that simplistic shit.

it's just a fact a lot of shit was exaggerated to make japan look bad. as a comparison, most european empires were worse. I genuinely think the main purpose of the japanese empire was to prevent asia from just becoming a continent that would bow to anyone. They definitely thought they were fighting for good things, justice, whatever.
I have a weird theory that Japan's Sengoku period was actually a Confucian eugenics programme designed to turn Japan into a kind of emulation of European warfare, so that it could serve as a shield against the West. One of the problems with believing Western ideas about everyone in Asia hating one another is the fact that they all share a writing system (yes, Korea uses hanja too, shut up) and historical academic/political tradition... one of the cultural centres of which was Pyongyang if you're looking for interesting alternative explanations for why the US was so intent on bombing everything.

Last edited:

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I believed all the bullshit they feed us about Asia when I first went to live there, and it took me a while to realise it made me a tool and was a barrier to really understanding people in the region. Not that I think I do now, but it's a complex veil of bullshit that's only confused by swallowing that simplistic shit.
What part of Asia?

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was similar to Baathism when it started out. It was originally made to counter the Imperialism of the West by having a racially united bloc, this was a time when the USA was literally having in their newspapers by people such as Jack London that all of Asia should be gassed. The thing is though whenever you have an ethnostate made up of various sub-groups there is one that always takes over. Which then well, leads to them lording over others, and committing crimes against the others.

Last edited:

Cacau

kiwifarms.net
True, Dr. Mengele's crew had medical scruples Unit 731 didn't.
americans just used unit 731 stuff anyways. who gives a fuck if youre gonna criticize someone for something you do LOL. unit 731 was just used as something to disable an entire country.
can you explain why anything had to change apart from that they were vulnerable for invasion? the tokugawa shogunate was not bad. btw the tokugawa shogunate was long gone by the time of the russian and chinese wars. I don't how they could complain when they forced japan out of that spot and got shocked when it actually became equal to european powers.

Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

Cacau

kiwifarms.net
Ordinarily I'd feel guilty about such a low-effort post, but I'll make an exception.

@Cacau is a contemptible exceptional individual. If I had a time machine, I'd dump the braindead weeb in an Imperial POW camp with the cannibal overseers.
it'd be funny when they'd do nothing to me then. why do you type about things on the internet you saw at one lesson in high school then act like that's the gospel? i would probably get killed in the 1700s for saying anything positive about amerindians though :))

Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
americans just used unit 731 stuff anyways. who gives a fuck if youre gonna criticize someone for something you do LOL. unit 731 was just used as something to disable an entire country.

can you explain why anything had to change apart from that they were vulnerable for invasion? the tokugawa shogunate was not bad. btw the tokugawa shogunate was long gone by the time of the russian and chinese wars. I don't how they could complain when they forced japan out of that spot and got shocked when it actually became equal to european powers.
Being vulnerable to invasion is a pretty damn good reason for requiring change. It should also be noted that while the US is hardly a bastion of morality and altruism, its overall strategic goals are far better for the countries that can't fight it then other past imperial powers. America wants to be able to trade, do business, and not have to worry about anyone messing with its ability to trade or do business. The only time we ever experimented with direct Imperial adventures have been fiascos. First in the Philippines and then in Iraq. There have been only three instances of outright annexation in US history, and all in the 19th century. Mexican War, Spanish War, and the annexation of hawaii by the Dole Fruit Company.

(No seriously, look up the history of Dole. They are the most evil corporation in American history. And they STILL are conducting shenanigans).

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
it doesn't compare to gassing 6 million gypsies
Dropping plague and chemical weapons on cities is kinda similar.... of course, wholesale mongol-style massacres are bad too...

the red army commited horrible rapes and destruction across germany (eastern europe in general) but no, germans did most of those things too.
Dunno, the Germans ordered it while the Soviets simply couldn't stop their vengeful soldiers.

it's just a fact a lot of shit was exaggerated to make japan look bad. as a comparison, most european empires were worse. I genuinely think the main purpose of the japanese empire was to prevent asia from just becoming a continent that would bow to anyone. They definitely thought they were fighting for good things, justice, whatever. Everything would be better if america didn't force japan to not become isolationist and none of this would be even spoken about. Anyways, i'm not saying that the japanese military dindu nuffin i'm saying a lot has been lied about to keep japan from having a military and not massive bases on its soil again.
Japan is the most powerful "military" in the region.

it would be funny if they did, but they didn't. the japanese empire wasn't racist btw. you are literally assigning the term ''nazi'' to something you don't understand
They were pretty racist. Kinda why they set up race based class systems and committed mass murder without any scruples.

The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was similar to Baathism when it started out. It was originally made to counter the Imperialism of the West by having a racially united bloc, this was a time when the USA was literally having in their newspapers by people such as Jack London that all of Asia should be gassed. The thing is though whenever you have an ethnostate made up of various sub-groups there is one that always takes over. Which then well, leads to them lording over others, and committing crimes against the others.
That was the facade but it was obviously meant to be just Japan colonizing everything. The union was to have the Japanese at the top with the other races learning Japanese and abandoning their primitive cultures. The whole thing was also designed to feed the Japanese industry more than anything else.

Using something is not the same as inventing it.

The Tokugawa government was corrupt and inefficient. There was annual famines and the warlords acquiring too much influence.

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The union was to have the Japanese at the top with the other races learning Japanese and abandoning their primitive cultures.
That's similar to other plans such as Baathism which Arabizes minorities, the Nazis were gonna Germanize people, Italian Fascists making everyone Italian, and so on and so on.

Cacau

kiwifarms.net
Dropping plague and chemical weapons on cities is kinda similar.... of course, wholesale mongol-style massacres are bad too...

Dunno, the Germans ordered it while the Soviets simply couldn't stop their vengeful soldiers.
Japan is the most powerful "military" in the region.
They were pretty racist. Kinda why they set up race based class systems and committed mass murder without any scruples.
That was the facade but it was obviously meant to be just Japan colonizing everything. The union was to have the Japanese at the top with the other races learning Japanese and abandoning their primitive cultures. The whole thing was also designed to feed the Japanese industry more than anything else.
Using something is not the same as inventing it.
The Tokugawa government was corrupt and inefficient. There was annual famines and the warlords acquiring too much influence.
Every military does that, some just hide it more. Either insult everyone or no one.

''simply wouldn't stop' you mean. they didn't care.

Lol if you believe japan's military is more equipped than china or even south korea. North korea alone poses a massive threat to japan.

No, they weren't racist. They never had any racial laws or real ethnic cleansing like germany did. America and britain commited more mass murder, again. Britain starved india which lead to millions dying and americans didn't do anything. They considered japanese culture above foreign culture obviously, like every country. They let peoples as different as papuans mix with japanese people and society.

Japan adopted european technology and culture for a reason, as well as keeping its kanji system - this alone destroys your point of view. Did your school make you this pigshit for brains on purpose? As an added point, they weren't really colonizing indochina and the philippines either. And that argument makes no sense, who gives a fuck who made it when you use it anyways? The tokugawa shogunate ruled over japan for a long time and would've kept doing so if the american ship didn't sail. Annual famines happened in almost every country but the tokugawa shogunate had a net growth in population for a reason. I have no idea where you got this from.

Cacau

kiwifarms.net
Being vulnerable to invasion is a pretty damn good reason for requiring change. It should also be noted that while the US is hardly a bastion of morality and altruism, its overall strategic goals are far better for the countries that can't fight it then other past imperial powers. America wants to be able to trade, do business, and not have to worry about anyone messing with its ability to trade or do business. The only time we ever experimented with direct Imperial adventures have been fiascos. First in the Philippines and then in Iraq. There have been only three instances of outright annexation in US history, and all in the 19th century. Mexican War, Spanish War, and the annexation of hawaii by the Dole Fruit Company.
It was going to change anyways, but it wasn't in real danger from its neighbours. Another reason is that westerners were just greedy. ''wants to be able to trade, do business, and not have to worry about anyone messing with its ability to trade or do business.'' this is not a good justification for massacring children and reverting already developing countries in hardships to the stone age. In the philippines, they just made moros mad and gave power to corrupt people, then in iraq they just created isis.

Foxxo

Mistakes were made.
kiwifarms.net
This is actually a very interesting topic, especially since a lot of Japanese anime (notably Attack on Titan) dwells on the deep-seated fear that Japan at some point will be targeted by the reparations crowd.

Chexxchunk

Take it off the rack, if it's wack put it back
kiwifarms.net
Should the Native Americans apologize for the countless human sacrifices they made to Quetzlcoatl?

Van Darkholme

DEEP ♂DARK ♂FANTASIES
kiwifarms.net
They should never apologize for it. Look what happend to Germany, a whole country pressured into generation-wide guilt tripping by the Allies, now mass importing third-world savages from the most backwards-ass shitholes on this planet, just so they can feel better about themselves and the crimes people who aren't even alive anymore committed almost 80 years ago. We're the good guys now, r-right? We swear we aren't nazis anymore, just look at our wonderful diversity!
They start teaching you about those 12 years starting in elementary school now, gonna start the tripping as soon as possible.

Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino