The inherent queerness of farming games -

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
This is why people thought homosexuality was a mental illness. Because EVERYTHING is gay. EVERYTHING is queer. Straights don't even think like this. How obsessive do you have to be and insecure in your sexuality to think its 'queer'. Does EVERYTHING you do have to be gay? I know some straights go "I can't do this, this is gay!" (like literally gay, not the slang gay), but those are idiots typically. I assure you I don't. I just like what I do. I don't think of things in terms of straight or queer outside of sexual shit. It just is what it is. And I like what I like. Why this obsessive need to categorize everything under your sexuality?

These fucks just don't understand that an agrarian society doesn't leave much time for ANYTHING. Its really why human progress was bottle-necked for a very long time and only really saw an explosion after industrialization. When your society is agrarian, you don't have TIME to develop science, medicine and things like that. The amount of people who can do the grunt work is significantly reduced. You also don't have the money for it. You need most of your manpower working the fields. Shit, you don't even have time to do agricultural science and even if you do, you couldn't get word around fast enough for people to make use of your techniques. Things moved at the speed of shit.

They play "Stardew Valley" and go, "Oh, I can farm!" Or rich fucks buy a private island, thinking its self sustainable. Dumb ass, do you know how much fucking land you need to feed one goddamn family? A lot of fucking land. And a small ass island doesn't have enough.
Well that and the seemingly compulsive need to defend the most debased shit because it's "queer".

I really don't get why the "queer" community feels the need to be inclusive of every abnormal sexuality/fetish no matter how degenerate but it isn't doing them any favors.

gangweedfan

Anime is the next stage of evoltin. now yuo see...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Your character never speaks of your parents or the life you leave behind. Friends, lovers, student debt or shitty apartment leases—they all vanish. It’s a clean break, a physical manifestation of transition; you’re moving from living the life you were supposed to have to living the life you actually want. It’s diving headfirst into risk and starting a new life from scratch where people don’t know anything about you except that you’re new in town.
These queer interpretations always have things backwards. Just because video games are a form of escapism and so is being trans doesnt mean that video games are queer. By that logic I could write an article on the inherent farming simulation of queerness

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
This is why people thought homosexuality was a mental illness. Because EVERYTHING is gay. EVERYTHING is queer. Straights don't even think like this. How obsessive do you have to be and insecure in your sexuality to think its 'queer'. Does EVERYTHING you do have to be gay? I know some straights go "I can't do this, this is gay!" (like literally gay, not the slang gay), but those are idiots typically. I assure you I don't. I just like what I do. I don't think of things in terms of straight or queer outside of sexual shit. It just is what it is. And I like what I like. Why this obsessive need to categorize everything under your sexuality?
"Queer" is a meaningless purr word. It gets used to associate positive affect for the cultural group the swine of an author is trying to court.

Well that and the seemingly compulsive need to defend the most debased shit because it's "queer".

I really don't get why the "queer" community feels the need to be inclusive of every abnormal sexuality/fetish no matter how degenerate but it isn't doing them any favors.
The gay community has been seriously gentrified by the yuppie genderspecials looking for the new hip and trendy lifestyle that makes themselves feel good while pissing off their parents.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net

Everyone's afraid of drawing the line because as soon as someone puts one down, they're afraid new lines will be drawn that put them on the bad side.

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Intersectionality... .the biggest sociopolitical mistake humanity has made this young Century.

Jeffrey Epstein

Have your whites spayed or neutered pls
kiwifarms.net
Whenever I do any task in real life, it always ends up like rimworld personally. I beep boop at my research station for a little bit and then the magic bar is filled and suddenly my job is done! I AM MY OWN PAWN.
(oh and then a psychic ship comes and I get parkinsons and destroy an antigrain IED).

oh, and this article is offensive to hispanics I feel like.

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

These fucks just don't understand that an agrarian society doesn't leave much time for ANYTHING. Its really why human progress was bottle-necked for a very long time and only really saw an explosion after industrialization. When your society is agrarian, you don't have TIME to develop science, medicine and things like that. The amount of people who can do the grunt work is significantly reduced. You also don't have the money for it. You need most of your manpower working the fields. Shit, you don't even have time to do agricultural science and even if you do, you couldn't get word around fast enough for people to make use of your techniques. Things moved at the speed of shit.

They play "Stardew Valley" and go, "Oh, I can farm!" Or rich fucks buy a private island, thinking its self sustainable. Dumb ass, do you know how much fucking land you need to feed one goddamn family? A lot of fucking land. And a small ass island doesn't have enough.

Ugh, I hate the use of the word "queer". It's a slur for LGB people but the trannies and the woke gender speds adapted that word and use in the most pretentious and academic way.

No actual gay guy or bisexual uses the word "queer" unironically, at least not in the academic and political way that the Woke Left does and a lot of older ones are still offended by it. I'm also pretty sure that normie lesbians and TERF's also hate the word as well, but the only normie lesbians I know who got offended by it were older Gen X'ers as opposed to Millennials or Early Zoomers.

Queer is now a "purr word" for troons, trannies, gender speds/"non-binaries" and woke feminist lesbians who haven't gone full TERF just yet.

Also, I know this is a Cat Party bait thread but I'm honestly sick of hearing the word "queer" being thrown around for anyone who's not a straight "cisgender" person. It's literally a homophobic slur.

It'd be like if they used NPOC to describe blacks.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Until you've had to chase a chicken you've just freshly decapitated, you don't know what farming really is.

You missed the undertone in the opening paragraph. None of the farming activities listed had anything to do with meat raising or harvesting animals. I'd bet every seed in every farming game I've ever played that the author is a vegan and thinks "eating meat is anti-queer".

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It'd be like if they used NPOC to describe blacks.
Give it time... the "Shelf Life" of the latest "approved" way to identify minorities has been rapidly halving my entire life.

"African-American" lasted about 20 years

"POC" only lasted about 2

"BIPOC" is already passe' after less than 1.....

They're running out of euphemisms for "pet voter class" alarmingly fast.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This entire queer-fantasy-gaming theory is based on the stupidest idea possible, that cottagecore represents some gay blossoming of a rural revolution and farm games are a reflection of that "reality". But even that starting point is a lie.

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 7.01.40 PM.png

It's a fucking social media aesthetic. There's no authenticity behind it. There is no queer rural reality behind this entire ditzy analysis of puddle-deep comfy gameplay.

I'm too tired to do a full rant about the stupidity that is cottagecore, so have an article. And have the inevitable "de-colonizing cottagecore with rebellious Black womyn" article you already knew was out there.

These idiots just have to stick their stupid politics everywhere, even in their hyper-digitized faux nostalgia revival of baked bread and frog figurines.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Uh, isn't that exactly what being gay/lesbian/bisexual/queer is? It's just an orientation, not a lifestyle.
Not anymore it isn't. These people have such empty lives working at Starbucks/living off their trust fund and are so blatantly devoid in personality (except for the things they consoom, in this case farming games) that they treat their sexual orientation and gender as a lifestyle.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
And a small ass island doesn't have enough.
Not only that on islands you have to install all the internal workings like plumbing, sewage, and irrigation. This is even before getting to electricity and the issues of getting that to work reliably in a remote location. if you have mechanized equipment like tractors you're going to need a reserve of fuel and you need a place to store that and maintain it.

Most of these people buy islands, because islands themselves are cheap. You're looking at $50,000 for an entry level island with nothing on it that's cheaper than most luxury cars. So yeah people will jump at it and not realize it's going to cost millions to get everything shipped over and built.