The inherent queerness of farming games -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
I hate when people flat out refuse to play any Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon game prior to the Mineral Town remake because they can’t be gay in it. Rune Factory 5 looks awesome yet the only thing people care about is whether or not there will be gay marriage.

Besides the gay marriages in all the farming sim games that have it are playersexual anyways. I remember the creator of RF said he wanted to add same sex marriage where only specific characters are gay and the sjw crowd crucified him for it, claiming it was biphobic. If anything that is better gay representation than making all the marriage candidates ambiguously bi.

Well of course they did. If their favorite little cinnamon roll is straight then they just can't enjoy the game. :mad:

Seems all they care about is games where you can be gay. The rest of the content probably has little bearing on their decision to play. Sounds like they'd be happier with any of the awful western VNs and dating sims already available on itch.io.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Farming and in the same area, gardening is hard work. You work for hours in the hot sun, downpour or whatever, and you will be exhasuted when you get home. And then you will need to it the next day as well. There is nothing gay about it. All of these "queer" journalists" wouldn't last a day doing it.
To be fair, part of what inspired Tom of Finland was growing up ogling big, beefy farmhands wasn't it?

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Their idea of what's queer is seriously fucked up if they point to subsistence farming 100+ years ago as being more friendly to "queers" than it is today. No one's stopping them from leaving society to pull stone and teat out in the wilderness.

But if they did that where would they find the time to post articles about the inherent queerness of farming?

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, faggot. In America & Europe HARVEST MOON has been around since 1996. The series only changed its name in 2015 when Marvelous changed its distribution partner from Natsume to XSeed.

Johnny-come-lately basic bitch.
I was wondering how they could talk about farming games and not bring up Harvest Moon. Why did they change the name? I didn't even realize there had been a new game since the ps2.

Screw Danlon

Please Be Patient, I Have Doggo
kiwifarms.net
I was wondering how they could talk about farming games and not bring up Harvest Moon. Why did they change the name? I didn't even realize there had been a new game since the ps2.
There’s been about 6 Harvest Moon Rune Factory games, which was a fantasy spin-off, since then, and 3 main series.

The name got changed because XSeed is licensing them going forward, but Natsume still has the rights to distribute the older games, so they kept the name for that.

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There’s been about 6 Harvest Moon Rune Factory games, which was a fantasy spin-off, since then, and 3 main series.

The name got changed because XSeed is licensing them going forward, but Natsume still has the rights to distribute the older games, so they kept the name for that.
Oic, just looked it up. I forgot about the Gameboy games.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Heh, sit down nerds.. Your silly little 'tactical' games got a thriving eSports? Didn't think so.

1603985932543.png

That said, farming is an easy game genre and simply rewarding by nature. I can see why people enjoy it. I can't however, see why the fucking Germans love simulator games mimicking real work.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net

To be more precise, the name Harvest Moon was created by Natsume, and they can do whatever they want with it, but the developers of the original games changed publishers for the west, so Natsume hired other devs to make Story of Seasons bootlegs for them to publish.

Slav Power

Polski Moderator
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net
The only non-gay farming experience is the one in Farming Simulator, with outdated machinery in a piss poor Polish village.

paint huffing shaman

kiwifarms.net
I just don't get why city people think full on farming is quaint. It's damn hard work, and something always needs to be done. That said, there is nothing better than having 30qts of good sauce for the winter when you get an exceptional tomato haul.
its because they grow some flowers in a pot and maybe have an in ground bed that grows some carrot maybe, and of course if they can grow 1 bed it must be easy to grow an entire farm

TLDR:libtards live in citys, citys make you retarded

The only non-gay farming experience is the one in Farming Simulator, with outdated machinery in a piss poor Polish village.

is there a farming game that is pre industrial? like u and some friends can work together with hand tools and animals to eat, doest have to be with friends just playing with your self is ok to i guess

Last edited by a moderator: