The inherent queerness of farming games -

Sir Bartleby Montclair

Richest and Sexiest Man Alive
kiwifarms.net
I'll never forgive Stardew Valley for ruining the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons fanbase. I swear people who played those games used to be somewhat normal. Then some fugly pixelshit indie game had to come in and ruin everything, as usual.

Since this article seems to want to brag about how woke and queer Story of Seasons is or whatever... here's some sperging for you.

The game the article mentioned, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral town, is the first game in the series that openly allows you to be gay — and only in the English localization. In SoS, you see a heart next to a marriage candidate's name that turns color as you boost their affection. This heart is invisible with the same sex candidates in the Japanese version. You can still marry them, but the feature isn't blatant.

As for Harvest Moon DS Cute... that game is just Harvest Moon DS with a female protagonist. The only reason you can marry the female candidates in DS Cute is because Marvelous was too fucking lazy to take the feature out. They just called it "best friends" instead. Also, this was removed from the English localization of the game, so I feel like that shouldn't really count.

All other Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon games do not allow you to marry within the same sex. So... not much to brag about except Xseed (the current localization team) cucking, and their translation of the game was so terrible, the gay marriage thing is the only almost positive thing you can say about it.

I don't know why kweers can't leave simulation games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon alone. They're just cute, relaxing games from Japan. They're not supposed to be political.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As I said before in this thread the only thing people care about in these games is gay marriage thanks to Stardew Valley. The majority of the replies to news of Rune Factory 5 is “won’t play if no gay marriage.” Stardew Valley isn’t even great lgbt representation either, the marriage candidates are playersexual and there are no visible lgbt non marriageable characters. If it weren’t for the fact you could marry anyone regardless of gender I would have never thought there was any “queerness” in the game.

Aaa0aaa0

internet sticker enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I totally agree with the article. Stardew Valley and Moon Harvest are games for fags. If you enjoy those games you're a fag.
Finally, they have to promote me to reddit mod now! *yawn*
As I said before in this thread the only thing people care about in these games is gay marriage thanks to Stardew Valley. The majority of the replies to news of Rune Factory 5 is “won’t play if no gay marriage.” Stardew Valley isn’t even great lgbt representation either, the marriage candidates are playersexual and there are no visible lgbt non marriageable characters. If it weren’t for the fact you could marry anyone regardless of gender I would have never thought there was any “queerness” in the game.
On one hand, not having any side characters or other npcs be definitely queer kinda nullifies its status as GAY game. On the other, it could have been super obnoxious if handled poorly. Since love is secondary to the player's goals of just getting all the things and general cartoony farmer siming, its not too big of a deal. There's only one character who doesn't like it if you gay marry his grandson, but he accepts times have changed and its not his call to make as long as his grandson is doing fine, and even that is a throwaway line. A world where the player can gay it up(tm) in peace like those damn dirty heteros is a good thing.

I personally like the approach of playersexual as it gives everyone the option of all characters. If the games about a cute cartoony fantasy where you can live the life you want and can get nearly anything, having playersexual characters is the best option.

Edit: Now I'm thinking about a game where you get the option to check whether or not you're trans(c) and then the gane has extra cutscenes and dialogue patting you on the ass for being stunning and brave and dabbing on the terfs and transphobes. *yawn* :drink:

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah you’re definitely right about that. I just find it annoying when Stardew Valley fans treat the game as a pinnacle of gay representation simply because of gay marriage and bash other farming games as “heteronormative” trash because you can’t gay marry a girl they head canon as a man hating lesbian.

Grumpy

A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be
kiwifarms.net
There's nothing gay about playing a time management simulator, but there's definitely something gay about not being able to play a time management simulator unless you can live out your shitty self insert gay fanfics. Marriage is a nice milestone and gives a sense of accomplishment, but it's not even necessary in most of these games. Raguna, the first harem anime protagonist of the Rune Factory series, is a canon confirmed bachelor despite having a dozen thirsty maidens per game he stars in.

I already deal with enough shit all day and just wanna water some virtual plants to relax after wrecking my body after another day in the dwarf mines. Just let people grow their pixelated turnips in peace. It's the same reason I like Minecraft, an open-ended, largely unstructured game with no long-term time limit and minimal pressure to speed through. It's just laid-back resource management, with inventory, money, and time being the three key resources.

tl;dr real life sucks and I just want to play video games without even more tranny jannies

Cheese-Loving Citizen

Remember to stay off the sand!
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who plays Stardew Valley for the relationships is gay and likely shoves door handles up their rectum.

The only romance option I like is a woman named Money, and the only way to please her is an entire farm's worth of kegs filled to the brim with the finest wine that I can sell by the hundreds, strangleholding the wine industry in only a few months.

PadThaiLover1

Will sell kidneys for Pad Thai
kiwifarms.net
Heh, sit down nerds.. Your silly little 'tactical' games got a thriving eSports? Didn't think so.

View attachment 1693974

That said, farming is an easy game genre and simply rewarding by nature. I can see why people enjoy it. I can't however, see why the fucking Germans love simulator games mimicking real work.
the germans are a soulless people driven by their need for work and industry. Since protestant beliefs began spreading from one of these soulless humans the need for work to define ones life has infested the german people and turned into a self sustaining zeitgeist the modern german gamer bro reflects this. That or they just like simulator games like Americans like first person shooters and Argentinians like pretending to be white.

PadThaiLover1

Will sell kidneys for Pad Thai
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy it once you get to the point where you can do a sermon to increase quality of bodies its basically over in terms of difficulty since you can easily make zombies, automate everything, and make your graveyard look swanky. I am happy there is no romance system and you are not playing a blank sheet character. I am disappointed that we didn't get an expansion that lets you rule the town or work as a grave yard keeper down there where zombies are rising from death due to the contract being breached, but hey maybe that's coming in the future. I like the morbid sense of humor as well as the fact that the religion of the actual god got supplanted by a new age hippy jesus look alike who has never once performed a miracle, and has done nothing other than introducing the idea of a welfare state to people who effectively had one because had their needs provided for them directly from god.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really have a problem with playing a gay character in games, I do however find the idealized perception of farming amusing as well as the delusion of escapism to the countryside.
Didn't this shit happen around the time Goethe wrote Werther and teenagers all over Germany killed themselves after reading it?

Zebedee

Lives under beds, feeding on fanta stains.
kiwifarms.net
The inherent heterosexuality of farming

Most farmers aren't rich. They can't afford to hire lots of hands, even third world slave labor illegally in the country. So they have kids to help them out. Homos can't procreate.

The end.
There's a reason rural settlements are all traditionalist down to the foundations.