The JCaesar Senate - a/k/a board meta thread

Empresa

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Appreciate the shout-out rick, but I'm from the ip2 threads, I barely post in this board other than the occasional meme/clip , I just like talking to people. I'm disappointed Null had to erase the chat and my backup cozy chat [AT]
instead of locking all the chats behind a threshold so socks couldn't spam in them immediately . but this is our reality now ,bumping threads with one word replies , super. 😒

RickestRickCriminal

marshmallow midget
kiwifarms.net
The quoting is now shorter, my bad.
The only semblance to Discord was you could post messages.
Ralph and gator are so asshurt at the idea of a live chat on the Kiwi Farms they can read, never in my life I've seen two grown ass men this buck broken at anything. Gamergate, his own livestream chat, 8chan and any iteration of Plate Gang never got them this desperate.

Opticana

hello fellow goyim
kiwifarms.net
Most of what I'd want to say has already been said. The current distribution of chats of makes no sense. There's five dedicated lolcow cult boards, but a chat for only one of them (DSP). BP gets its own chat but not A&H now. Squeezing the rest of the site into GC is a bad move. It's a strange setup, and most actual users of the chat seem to be unhappy with the closings. I joke about Null actively working to make the site unfun, but I really don't see a good reason for getting rid of a liked feature other than being contrarian. As an example: posting about how he was going to lock the Gunt board if he got prison time. Great, but then why not do the same with the Chris Chan board? It's kind of obvious at this point that Null thinks that pretending to not be into things he's clearly into is cool . There are ways to deal with spammers, as people have pointed out. Also, Null wants a "community" and for people to make posts in threads? Really? Give me a break. He was perfectly happy to come into chat whenever he noticed everyone reacting to something especially outrageous from Ralph.

Last edited:

HONKHONKTIME69

kiwifarms.net
Most of what I'd want to say has already been said. The current distribution of chats of makes no sense. There's five dedicated lolcow cult boards, but a chat for only one of them (DSP). BP gets its own chat but not A&H now. Squeezing the rest of the site into GC is a bad move. It's a strange setup, and most actual users of the chat seem to be unhappy with the closings. I joke about Null actively working to make the site unfun, but I really don't see a good reason for getting rid of a liked feature other than being contrarian. As an example: posting about how he was going to lock the Gunt board if he got prison time. Great, but then why not do the same with the Chris Chan board? It's kind of obvious at this point that Null thinks that pretending to not be into things he's clearly into is cool . There are ways to deal with spammers, as people have pointed out. Also, Null wants a "community" and for people to make posts in threads? Really? Give me a break. He was perfectly happy to come into chat whenever he noticed everyone reacting to something especially outrageous from Ralph.
I cannot figure out the function of this behavior. Well actually I can. Socially mediated: negative (also known as escape). Which contradicts josh's stated reason for yeeting the channels.
All this has done is created more scrutiny for him. Not less.

verifymejoshuaconnormoon

NOW is your chance gator. FREE YOURSELF🐊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
there’s good points on both sides but honestly @Empresa suggestion of accounts having certain requirements to post in chat is the best idea put out so far. at least it’ll fix the sock problem

regular posters gayopping in chat can be dealt with case by case but it just seems so much more difficult to weed them out without the chat. they’ll all just scatter off to discord servers. at least with the chat here you know who’s posting what.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
locking all the chats behind a threshold
They are. The people unhappy about the forum are creating accounts sometimes weeks in advance. There is no boundary I can create which will be a sufficient deterrent while also allowing regular users to join.

On that note, the chats are much less popular than the forum. So they're creating problems, encouraging recurrent nuisance behavior, discouraging archiving, and providing nothing but a place for maybe a dozen active users to talk to each other on-site when they apparently all participate in Discord groups together anyways.

It also is insulating these people from forum culture. They do not talk to anyone outside their bubble and care less about the community as a result. The site, their account, and everything on it is disposable.

I tried really hard to be nice and get people on the same page and same team but all that effort has been fruitless. It really sucks because I actually liked those people and I liked the chat but it's just a headache that the actual forum and the other rooms don't create.

verifymejoshuaconnormoon

NOW is your chance gator. FREE YOURSELF🐊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are. The people unhappy about the forum are creating accounts sometimes weeks in advance. There is no boundary I can create which will be a sufficient deterrent while also allowing regular users to join.
can’t you just make it so anyone below a certain reaction score can’t post in chat? i doubt someone with many sock accounts has the time to post regularly and up their reaction score across all of them

thisighuf

kiwifarms.net
Most of what I'd want to say has already been said. The current distribution of chats of makes no sense. There's five dedicated lolcow cult boards, but a chat for only one of them (DSP). BP gets its own chat but not A&H now.
Thing is, nobody really used the Thunderdome chat from what I saw and there were days at a time where nobody posted a thing there so it seemed vastly abandoned and just floating around. One of the only times I saw it active was when @player#21498112 was shitting it up which I assume was somebody's sock.

Empresa

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When was RichardRape banned, my memory needs to be jogged? And why was he banned. He was one of the more active people on this board. Was he involved in the discord gay ops?
Maybe a month or two ago, he posted an edited image of josh in the chat , and said he looked handsome. [I miss him as well.]
903728063815221249.png

ANiggaNamedElmo

It's your boy TriggerMeElmo.
kiwifarms.net
When was RichardRape banned, my memory needs to be jogged? And why was he banned. He was one of the more active people on this board. Was he involved in the discord gay ops?
Maybe a month or two ago, he posted an edited image of josh in the chat , and said he looked handsome. [I miss him as well.]
If memory also serves he was having a slapfight with @AltisticRight so that just amplified things.