• ”kiwifarms is nothing short of an embarrassment”

The Julays Second Annual Lolcow Awards 2016 (RESULTS ARE OUT!)Rolling the Red Carpets Again!

Discussion in 'Lolcow General' started by Alan Pardew, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Best Heavyweight Lolcow of 2016

Poll closed Mar 11, 2017.
  1. Christian Weston Chandler/CWC

18.2%
  2. Ahuviya Harel/ADF

13.6%
  3. Julie Terryberry

9.1%
  4. Greta Martela / Greta Gustav / Kjel Anderson

40.9%
  5. Brianna Wu/John Flynt

18.2%
  1. [​IMG]

Whether you think 2016 is a bad year or not, it still has some good lolcow moments. With 2016 finally over, why not we celebrate some great moments we've had and laughed at? :julay:

This event will last for about 2 weeks: First week for nomination and second week for voting. And yes, and nothing else unless you want to include the results which ends the event.

[​IMG]

In case you don't know about the last event, (The 1st Awards can be seen here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/the-julays-first-annual-lolcow-awards-2015-results-are-out.15055/ ) I might as well explain again:

So of course, you're wondering: What is this ceremony about?

You know the Academy Awards, where there's awards with different categories, with five nominees for each category? Well, this Lolcow Awards does the same thing, except it's Lolcow-related!

There will be different categories with me choosing the five nominees for each category, and I will put up the polls.

So who will be the winners for the categories? It's time to find out!

[​IMG]

With this being the 2nd Annual Lolcow Awards 2016, there will be changes to this ceremony compared with the previous one. Let's see the awards we have:

• Best Newcomer Lolcow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a thread here, and the thread must be started in the year 2016. If the lolcow has a second thread but the first one is started before 2016, it does not count.
    • Best Loveshy of 2016: The best loveshy who has a thread with the prefix Manosphere and must be last replied in 2016. This includes Thonis.
    • Best Tumblrina of 2016: The best Tumblrina who has a thread in the Tumblr subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Halal of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Halal prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Lolcow Group of 2016: The best lolcow group who have their thread in the Community Watch subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Artcow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Artcow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Careercow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Careercow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Dramacow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Dramacow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Horrorcow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Horrorcow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Skitzocow of 2016: The best lolcow who has a Skitzocow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best General Lolcow of 2016 (NEW!): The best lolcow who has a Lolcow prefix thread in the Lolcow subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Rat King Lolcow of 2016 (NEW!): The best lolcow who has a thread in the Rat Kings subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Beauty Parlour Lolcow of 2016 (NEW!): The best lolcow who has a thread in the Beauty Parlour subforum and must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Back From Obscurity Cow of 2016: The risen to glory lolcow who has his/her own thread here for 2016 after being obscure for a while. Best for lolcows who had their threads made before the year 2016 but had lots of activity in 2016. The thread must be last replied in 2016.
    • Best Lolcow Art of 2016: The best art made by a lolcow in the year 2016 who has his/her own thread here. You must post the link to the said art.
    • Best Lolcow Writing of 2016: The best fanfic/writing stuff made by a lolcow in the year 2016 who has his/her own thread here. You must post the link to the said writing stuff/fanfic.
    • Best Lolcow Video of 2016: The best video made by a lolcow in the year 2016 who has his/her own thread here. You must post the link to the said video.
    • Best Lolcow Post of 2016: The best kiwifarms.net post made by a member in the year 2016 who has the Verified tag here. You must provide the link to the post.
    • Best Lolcow Selfie of 2016: The best selfie pic made by a lolcow in the year 2016 who has his/her own thread here. You most post the link to the pic.
    • Best Lolcow FanWork of 2016: The best fanwork for lolcows made by members in the year 2016 . Can be fanart, or readings. You must post the link to them though.
    • Best Heavyweight Lolcow of 2016 (NEW!): The main event for this ceremony. CWC, ADF, the winner from the Lolcow of the Year 2016 and the winner from the Lolcow Summer Tournament 2016, and a certain wildcard will be the nominees for this award to see who will win this grand prize! You don't need to nominate any lolcow for this category btw.
    And with this being the 2nd Annual Awards, we're gonna have some special awards limited for this ceremony too! :julay:
    • Best Trump Chimpout of 2016: Even though the election is over, there's still some good moments we can laugh. The chimpout must be only applied to the content posted on the Donald Trump Victory Salt thread here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/donald-trump-victory-salt.25651/ Chimp outs from users here are illegible.
    • Best Rage Against Null of 2016: Applies to lolcows who tried to take action against Null but failed in hilarious ways.
    • Best Dogfucker of 2016: Why there's so many dogfuckers recently going on with people admitting it for some reason? Oh yeah, :autism:
    [​IMG]

Same as last event, To vote for the nomination round, you must PM me your votes (your votes will not be included if it's not in a PM) . No strawpolls, you have to PM me for it. You can only vote for one lolcow/event for each category. You don't need to vote for all the categories, you can choose the ones you want to. Once again, you do not need to nominate any lolcow for the Best Heavyweight Lolcow of 2016.

I will then collect the votes and choose the five nominees (at most) for each category. If there's some point I'm unable to get sufficient nominees for some categories, the category is cancelled. If your vote for some categories are invalid, you will receive a PM from me about it to fill in it again.

You can try clicking here to PM me your votes.

Example of a vote:

You can have this one as a base line:
    • Best Newcomer Lolcow of 2016:
    • Best Loveshy of 2016:
    • Best Tumblrina of 2016:
    • Best Halal of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Group of 2016:
    • Best Artcow of 2016:
    • Best Careercow of 2016:
    • Best Dramacow of 2016:
    • Best Horrorcow of 2016:
    • Best Skitzocow of 2016:
    • Best General Lolcow of 2016:
    • Best Rat King Lolcow of 2016:
    • Best Beauty Parlour Lolcow of 2016:
    • Best Back From Obscurity Cow of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Art of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Writing of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Video of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Post of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow Selfie of 2016:
    • Best Lolcow FanWork of 2016:
    • Best Trump Chimpout of 2016:
    • Best Rage Against Null of 2016:
    • Best Dogfucker of 2016:

Nominating will end at 10 January 2017, at 4:00 PM UTC, so get ready! :julay:

So how will I choose the nominations for each categories?

For individuals, the nominations are chosen by order of this priority:
    1. Number of votes
    2. Number of posts in said lolcow's thread
    3. Whether the lolcow has an active subforum (This is to ensure that it will give other lolcows chances to qualify since bigger lolcows which are ADF and CWC dominating the awards is really unfair.)

For works, the nominations are chosen by number of votes, then followed by my opinion of them. If a lolcow has more than 2 nominations for an award, only the top 2 are chosen for fairness (unless you want to see all 5 of his works being nominations)

Also, after I got the 5 nominations for each award, they're randomized so that there won't be any bias in voting, since if I left them unrandomized, the top nomination is the one that has the most votes which there will be a bias for it.

[​IMG]
    VOTING ENDS AT 11 March 2017 7 PM GST
    (REDACTED - VOTING IS OVER)

[​IMG]
    Click here!

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Alan Pardew, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Five-Percenter
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Already got a few nominations for a few categories, so please be sure to PM me to nominate your favorite lolcows for these awards! :julay:

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 3
    Alan Pardew

kiwifarms.net
  3. Skeealator

Skeealator Nyeh Heh Heh!

kiwifarms.net
  4. When is the voting period?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    hood LOLCOW

hood LOLCOW The Masketta Vet
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Me thinks a search party has to be sent out for the missing JULAYS.

• Agree Agree x 3
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy

kiwifarms.net
  6. Still sorting through the nomination ballots?

Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Gay Anime Cat

kiwifarms.net
  7. DynamiteNinja

DynamiteNinja It's-a me, Mar-Bee-O

kiwifarms.net
  8. Gonna have to go with shmorky for the fanworks thing.

Aquinas

Aquinas https://i.imgur.com/l3EkPBg.png
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Nominations extended to end of the month. Have fun! :julay:

1 February.

• Informative Informative x 4
    Alan Pardew

kiwifarms.net
  10. @Adamska, So since the Kiwi Farms is back, will you try and get the Julays going again, or are you just going to cancel it?

• Like Like x 1
    DynamiteNinja

kiwifarms.net
  11. @Adamska In the spirit of Oscar Night, I say start this back up and extend the voting period until the 15th of March (or at the very least do it tonight and get it over with).

• Winner Winner x 2
    DynamiteNinja

kiwifarms.net
  12. Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson Haven't changed my title in a while
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  13. Feline Darkmage

kiwifarms.net
  14. Since this is waiting long enough I'll put up all the strawpolls tomorrow. Needless to say keep in mind the nominations I got are pretty little so don't expect some good stuff tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Alan Pardew

kiwifarms.net
  15. AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  16. As did Donny Long

Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson Haven't changed my title in a while
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  17. STRAWPOLLS ARE OPEN NOW GET IN HERE, BE SURE TO VOTE FOR THE BEST HEAVYWEIGHT LOLCOW AT THE TOP!

VOTING ENDS AT 11 March 2017 7 PM GST SO HAVE FUN :julay:

(REDACTED - VOTING IS OVER)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #17 Alan Pardew, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Alan Pardew

kiwifarms.net
  18. I'm utterly stunned Solid Mario didn't get any a decent nomination. Well, maybe next year.

• Feels Feels x 4
    Lorento

Lorento Nick Clegg's biggest fan
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. Aids Skrillex fucked a dog? This ride ain't slowing down any time soon, I guess.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Oh Long Johnson

Oh Long Johnson Collecting your suffering when you die
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. His most recent mental breakdown was after the nominations were sent in, and also this current year as opposed to last current year.

Feline Darkmage

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.