The KLF reissue music for first time since 1992 -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

Pee Cola

Very good cola
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
[ original | archive ]

Rave-pop iconoclasts the KLF have released their greatest hits on to streaming services and YouTube for the first time, and have hinted at further music to follow later this year.

An eight-track collection entitled Solid State Logik 1 has been released today, including 1988 No 1 novelty single Doctorin’ the Tardis, 1991 UK No 1 dance anthem 3am Eternal, and the Top 5 hits Last Train to Trancentral and America: What Time is Love? also released that year.

Also included are It’s Grim Up North, their earlier hit version of What Time is Love, Tammy Wynette collaboration Justified & Ancient, and the studio version of the hardcore punk take on 3am Eternal that they infamously performed at the Brit awards with the band Extreme Noise Terror in 1992.

The group, featuring Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty plus guest musicians, split up in spectacular fashion later that year. After their Brits performance an announcer stated “the KLF have left the music business”, and they left a dead sheep on the steps of the afterparty with a note reading: “I died for you.” In May 1992, they deleted their entire catalogue and in 1994 they burned a million pounds they had earned with the group in a performance art happening on the Scottish island of Jura.

This is the first time their music has been officially available since in the UK; US listeners could previously access a compilation called The Works, though this has now been deleted.

Posters put up in London suggest that there will be a second part of the Solid State Logik release, as well as four other reissue releases, under the overall title Samplecity Thru Trancentral. The other four “non-consecutive chapters” are entitled Kick-Out D’Jams, Pure Trance Series, Come Down Dawn and Moody Boys Selected. The releases will feature material released under the names the KLF, the JAMs, the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, and the Timelords, and, it is promised, “there will be out-takes”.

The group released four studio albums and various compilations and singles during their lifetime, with Cauty concurrently making music in the Orb.

Drummond and Cauty focused on visual and performance art in the wake of the KLF, and occasionally collaborated on other projects. They returned to the richly imagined world of the KLF – full of numerology and mythic figures – in 2017 under the name Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, publishing a novel, 2023: A Trilogy, and staging a three-day festival of events and talks in Liverpool.

They also announced a new yearly tradition, Toxteth Day of the Dead, where bricks fired with the ashes of people who have died that year (and bought into the scheme) are built into a pyramid that will eventually number 34,592 bricks.

--

Hopefully they'll reissue The White Room. I had it on cassette back in the day but it was lost many years ago.

Pee Cola

Very good cola
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bruh. Did hell freeze over or what? Seriously, I never imagined this would ever happen.
Maybe Jimmy and Bill decided the world needed cheering up after the shitshow that was 2020. Maybe they need the money. Who knows. I'm not knocking it, but I'm also aware that there's a good chance they could change their minds again.

I can see myself buying quite a few KLF/JAMs/Justified Ancients of Mu Mu/Timelords CDs over the coming months...

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe Jimmy and Bill decided the world needed cheering up after the shitshow that was 2020. Maybe they need the money. Who knows. I'm not knocking it, but I'm also aware that there's a good chance they could change their minds again.

I can see myself buying quite a few KLF/JAMs/Justified Ancients of Mu Mu/Timelords CDs over the coming months...
As long as they don't do or say some stupid shit, I'll throw a ton of money Bill and Jimi's way. Especially if they dip into the vault for shit. Would love to get some of the rare singles on wax or cd. Especially the OG white room soundtrack or film.

I'm suspecting maybe Jimi and/or Bill needs money. I know Bill has talked about regretting doing some of the shit they pulled. Mostly the burning a million quid.

Pee Cola

Very good cola
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As long as they don't do or say some stupid shit, I'll throw a ton of money Bill and Jimi's way. Especially if they dip into the vault for shit. Would love to get some of the rare singles on wax or cd. Especially the OG white room soundtrack or film.
I'm not even sure if there will be a physical release. All the stuff online seems to point to the KLF's upcoming releases being streaming only.

From the KLF's official YouTube channel (archive):
KLF said:
KLF exist.

KLF have appropriated the work done between the
1st of January 1987 and 31st of December 1991 by
The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu,
The Timelords
The KLF

This appropriation was in order to tell a story in five chapters using the medium of streaming.

The name of the story is SAMPLECITY THRU TRANCENTRAL.

The five chapters are:

1. Kick Out The JAMs,
2. Pure Trance Series,
3. Come Down Dawn,
4. Moody Boys Selection
5. Solid State Logik (Parts 1 &2).

If you need to know more about the work done by The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, The Timelords or The KLF, you can find truths, rumours and half-truths scattered across the internet.

From these truths, rumours and half-truths, you can form your own opinions.

The actual facts were washed down a storm drain in Brixton some time in the late 20th century.

Further information can be found on a poster, fly posted under a railway bridge on the Kingsland Road in London on the 31st of December 2020.
Hopefully one of the truths, rumours and half-truths scattered across the internet turns out to be a truth about some physical releases. Maybe The Black Room will finally see the light of day? 🌈

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I hope there's a Greatest Hits CD eventually since I'm a poseur who only wants the hits.