The Kpop thread. - LEGGO

Witch Basil

reported for mass traitoring
kiwifarms.net
Twice released their new song (+album) yesterday. I don't usually follow them but the solo dance break shows off some really nice charms.

Witch Basil

kiwifarms.net
Isn't there already an autistic shitstorm quietly brewing away because of the MAMA nominations?
Forget the nominations, the actual award show caused such a massive saltfest amongst kpop fans that I'm so thoroughly entertained
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG
8.PNG
9.PNG
10.PNG

admiral

passionless bombast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fuckin love Zico. He acts like a badass in his videos, but he looks like a baby bunny and dresses like a white girl.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
We banned all autism and lolcows from Kpop many years ago. All that remains are well behaved and sensible fans.
Recently I fell into a youtube hole of watching K-Pop fans react. I can't believe some of them have the presence of mind to upload this stuff. If you ever needed proof NEETs that oogle the opposite sex and act like they have super autism is only a thing guys do then these videos prove them wrong.

Last edited:

Cooking Mama

Don't Worry, Mama Will Fix It
kiwifarms.net
Not to resurrect a dead thread (is it dead?), but I wanted to give my condolences to any Shinee fans. I’m not super into them, but I liked what I’ve heard and I loved watching them on Hello Baby. Jonghyun seemed like a sweetheart and it really sucks that he was battling with depression and felt that he had no other options.

I hope all Shinee fans on the farms are doing okay!

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm, didn't know the Farms had a K-Pop thread. Here goes...

I got super into K-Pop late in 2017 and mainly liked SM groups (SNSD, EXO, SJ, only got into SHINee after Jjong died) as well as some other groups from other companies. My enthusiasm for Kpop as a whole is beginning to bottom out, though. Some collected thoughts--

1. BTS are good, but I don't see how they are the greatest thing ever. I honestly think their popularity is purely happenstance signal amplification from social media. I LOLed at how they got a Grammy nod for some bullshit category (Best Cover design, I think) which confirms that Kpop, at least right now, is still not ready for the big times in the West.

2. I liked TWICE at first but once the novelty of a group with four Japs and a Chink wore off, I got bored with, then actively hated them. Nayeon looks geniunely crazy and reminds me of a young Asian Callista Gingrich. If they are the "Nation's girl group" then I am Brianna Wu.

3. Yes, BLACKPINK don't get promoted enough but then again they're really not that good.

4. I like a few NCT songs but the concept of the group itself is cancer and should die in a car fire.

5. I'm LOLing at this trend of trying to court the Latin American market. Dude, make sure the customers you're trying to reach actually have money. Or better yet, just stick to Japan as your primary market because every attempt at courting the West hasn't stuck.

6. Stan MAMAMOO

Darndirty

Just the kink.
kiwifarms.net
K pop hasn't been the same since 4 minute broke up and bigbang had to do their service. I miss hyuna and g dragon.

Witch Basil

kiwifarms.net
BTS are good, but I don't see how they are the greatest thing ever. I honestly think their popularity is purely happenstance signal amplification from social media. I LOLed at how they got a Grammy nod for some bullshit category (Best Cover design, I think) which confirms that Kpop, at least right now, is still not ready for the big times in the West.
They appeal to the woke crowd so much, which automatically makes them "relatable" to the throngs of youth with nothing better to do than to boost them on social media like a bunch of brain dead zombies. They've had some good releases, really, but some of their releases are kind of just rehashes of the same old arena hype song shit. (Which apparently is enough for people to say that it's good, but who am I to say that.)

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
2019 seems very competitive in the rookie girl groups area, we already have the huge pre-debut build up of Produce48/Izone, and Loona, as well as fromis_9. And they all seem to all have a lot of money behind them so there's probably some bops coming down the pipe.

Yellow Yam Scam

delicate shim cheong
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2019 seems very competitive in the rookie girl groups area, we already have the huge pre-debut build up of Produce48/Izone, and Loona, as well as fromis_9. And they all seem to all have a lot of money behind them so there's probably some bops coming down the pipe.

fromis_9 already dropped a late nominee for song of the year:

• Informative
Reactions: Medicated

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
I was wondering how much money IZONE had behind it. Here's a video that gives you an idea.

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
Not a fan of the genre, but I should note that K-pop's boybands are quite popular among some teenage girls here. As a result, a lot of guys on the Russian Internet like to hate these boybands because of the singers' "faggy" appearance. I suppose they're jealous that said girls would prefer some borderline effeminate South Korean dude with a shitload of make-up and plastic surgery instead of them.
It reminds me of the times when furiously hating emos and Tokio Hotel's lead singer used to be trendy.

• Informative
Reactions: L'Homme de la Lune

L'Homme de la Lune

kiwifarms.net
Not a fan of the genre, but I should note that K-pop's boybands are quite popular among some teenage girls here. As a result, a lot of guys on the Russian Internet like to hate these boybands because of the singers' "faggy" appearance. I suppose they're jealous that said girls would prefer some borderline effeminate South Korean dude with a shitload of make-up and plastic surgery instead of them.
It reminds me of the times when furiously hating emos and Tokio Hotel's lead singer used to be trendy.
I always wondered why gooks liked effeminate men. Teenage girls usually do in the West, but they grow out of it eventually.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino