The Kpop thread. - LEGGO

FadeIntoBolivian

kiwifarms.net
Only thing gayer than Kpop superfans is ultra Kpop haters. Imagine being moved to anger and disgust over what amounts to glossy pop music.

That said, superfan checking in here. Got into the fandom via Red Velvet a few years ago. Went to Korea, an M Countdown taping, saw Shinee when they came to North America and again in Japan, etc.

The new Twice song is fantastic. Perfect way to nudge their concept a little more mature to match their age while still keeping their trademark fun factor. Black Eyed Pilseung have really been on a crazy run re: production credits lately, seems like everything they touch goes to #1 or top 10 at minimum.

Conversely, I like Blackpink good enough but man, if YG wants to cover his ass in the ongoing Seungri shitstorm, was the best they could do really a song that sounded like it was salvaged from deep in Teddy's hard drive in a folder called "\2NE1\DEMO2015"? I get what they're doing by making a splashy hard hitting trap beat song that gets people hype and putting a shit ton of english in it to advance what seems to be their attempt to make the group a for-real thing in the USA... but idk, this isn't my idea of K-Pop reaching a greater potential.

Favorite rookie song lately might be this. Feels like a more laid-back Orange Caramel type of sound/concept.

Kataomoi00

Your Token Optimist
kiwifarms.net
Oh a kpop thread! Was thinking of making one a while back, but wasn’t sure if enough members liked kpop. :oops:
I’ve been listening to Park Bom’s new single and I honestly like it better than Spring. I just like the dreamy sound of it I guess.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net

I heard this lovely mashup back in 2015ish in one of Jim's older streams (I think it was the one he did on Twitch support trolling). Good times.

Bringing up my love for the K/DA music video might be redundant on my part at this point, though I do more than appreciate this mashup.

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
Not really Kpop, but some random YT suggestions led me to this chick, which sent me down a deep Korean house/trap rabbithole.

Kataomoi00

Your Token Optimist
kiwifarms.net
Anda’s work with Primary is pretty underrated in my opinion. Too bad she won’t get attention since she’s under YG Entertainment...

• Winner
Reactions: heathercho
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino