The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

UnclePhil

Deliberating from a screened-in porch.
kiwifarms.net
"Heavenly Creatures without the murder"

...So, a super-obsessive and unhealthy relationship between two girls that resulted in them shutting out all other emotional connections and becoming deeply, dangerously entrenched in a fantasy world that they eventually ended up projecting onto reality?

I've never played Gone Home, but if the lesbian relationship in the game shares any significant commonalities to the relationship between Juliet Hulme and Pauline Parker, it would be fucked up for the devs to portray it as healthy, romantic, or positive. Even if the murder hadn't happened those girls were waaaaay too codependent on one another.
It's been a while since I've seen Heavenly Creatures and I have put a lot of Gone Home behind me, so take my recollection with appropriate salt regimens. That said.

Everything you learn about the family, lesbian little sis and older black lover cadet is told epistolary style through letters, journals, homework assignments and newspaper articles you find (conveniently) scattered through the house. Little sis is an aspiring writer, and her general mindset is a kind of hipster/riot grrl style fantasy quirkiness. When you follow the bread crumb paper trail to the lesbian relationship growing there's a sense of her and the ROTC lover rebounding a twee Juno-ish correspondence back and forth to each other. You know, the kind of relationship that will burn to ash when they get caught and the honeymoon is over.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
So remember how I was talking about Sony begging to get Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin back, on their hands and knees, to come back for a Naughty Dog project? Well take this with a massive grain of salt because it's 4chan, but given around 3 years ago, the voice actor for Jak came back to help Naughty Dog with an undisclosed project and the next thing Naughty Dog was set to be working on after TLoU2 was an "undisclosed third-person sci-fi/adventure game" for a third party, there may be some smidgen of truth behind this.

View attachment 1309796
View attachment 1309800
Gee, I hope this is all true.

Chickenfoot

kiwifarms.net
So remember how I was talking about Sony begging to get Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin back, on their hands and knees, to come back for a Naughty Dog project? Well take this with a massive grain of salt because it's 4chan, but given around 3 years ago, the voice actor for Jak came back to help Naughty Dog with an undisclosed project and the next thing Naughty Dog was set to be working on after TLoU2 was an "undisclosed third-person sci-fi/adventure game" for a third party, there may be some smidgen of truth behind this.

View attachment 1309796
View attachment 1309800
Okay even though it came from 4Chan. I hope this is true as it would bank Sony a lot of money if they release the Re-Trilogy of Jak & Daxter as a PS5 launch title if they played their cards right. And them trying to connect all three games into one canon storyline will fore much better compare to when folks play the first three games and get confused on which storyline is which.

That's amazing. Bravo Naughty Dog. Bravo
View attachment 1310176
And these Tumblr Rejects wonder why freedom of speech is dead? This is literally safe space but on Twitter. Yikes! Can't wait for Twitter to go under fast.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1310176
On the plus side, no dickriders talking about how the game will be the greatest masterpiece to be created since the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel got done. Maybe if Michelangelo painted a lesbian couple being beat to death, TLOU2 wouldn't outrank his art.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
>Instead of the whole town

What the actual fuck is wrong with that game? Why would that even be presented as a real option?!‽?
Jesus Christ it's a fucking video game. Can't believe people are whining about a game they never even played. Also the game leaves it to the player to symphathize with Chloe or not. You can save her or let her die. She is a troubled person and she is way more than just "tumblr". The game shows how her fathers death impacted her. She was normal before this.

Screenshot_2020-05-22-01-50-03.png

"Hurr durr look a chick with blue hair!1 Tumblr!1" Not everything is black & white.

Last edited:

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Jesus Christ it's a fucking video game. Can't believe people are whining about a game they never even played. Also the game leaves it to the player to symphathize with Chloe or not. You can save her or let her die. She is a troubled person and she is way more than just "tumblr". The game shows how her fathers death impacted her. She was normal before this.

View attachment 1310399

"Hurr durr look a chick with blue hair!1 Tumblr!1" Not everything is black & white.
Bro, I played the game, and Before the Storm. I know Chloe's story.

She's still a spoiled, self-centered cunt, and the way she behaves towards Max regardless of how you play is still shitty, idgaf how much trauma she has.

UnclePhil

Deliberating from a screened-in porch.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1310176
Pick up where you could have just made up your own ending, which was kind of the idea anyway.

Joel faces an ironic tragedy. He gets his new daughter back and lies to her. She knows he's lying and may or may not ever trust him again or forgive him. What will happen next? You decide!

Just kidding. We decided for you. It's a fucking mess.

Tags
None