The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Aurora

kiwifarms.net
Yes because killing everyone's favorite character and protagonist of the last game and blue-balling you on gutting the tranny that does it because "MUH ART" would make for a good game.
I know you only come to this thread for 'leftist reee tranny ree fucking sjws rah rah rah' but at least try to read what people are saying to you.

The game would have been objectively better without any of the sequences where you play as Abby. I didn't say it'd be good. Just better.

The game would have objectively better without any of the sequencers where you play as Abby. I didn't say it'd be good. Just better.
And it would still be a bad game, TLOU gameplay was mediocre stealth gunplay that was nothing new and this game Improved on it in exactly zero ways, the entirety of the franchise was predicated on the fact that people liked Joel and Ellie.

Removing the Abby gameplay would be a marginal increase in "quality" because the franchise started as a fucking mediocre "The Walking Dead" Simulator.

bricked

kiwifarms.net
Those games are underrated. It gives you freedom on what you do and how you do it, but has consequences.

If you only take out your targets and minimize casualties, the enemy starts to look at you in a better light. Especially if you leave downed-but alive or disarmed enemies alive.

But if you go in slaughter everyone, even your allies start to get disgusted by you.

Meanwhile, IT'S MA'AM has ass-kiss allies that spit on the helpless victims she murders.
Plus the stealth and non-lethal approach is more difficult and time consuming, so doing the correct thing requires more effort instead of just selecting some dialogue choices.
i don't know that they were underrated, pretty much everyone i've talked to loved dishonored. dishonored 2 got a worse reception but i've been enjoying it well enough in my extremely drawn out playthrough. though, the obvious difficulty of making a branching narrative is that you have to double or triple up on your work, and ND's already got such a fucked work environment there probably would have been staff deaths.

And it would still be a bad game, TLOU gameplay was mediocre stealth gunplay that was nothing new and this game Improved on it in exactly zero ways, the entirety of the franchise was predicated on the fact that people liked Joel and Ellie.

Removing the Abby gameplay would be a marginal increase in "quality" because the franchise started as a fucking mediocre "The Walking Dead" Simulator.
has ND ever really made an objectively good game? even the bandicoot series only really got by because platformers were fucking huge in its time and it was on the playstation, which didn't have much competition there. it was never close to the same level as mario, and everything they've made since uncharted has just been glorified movie games. i guess i have no point of reference for the jak series, so those could be mindblowingly good or whatever.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
i don't know that they were underrated, pretty much everyone i've talked to loved dishonored. dishonored 2 got a worse reception but i've been enjoying it well enough in my extremely drawn out playthrough. though, the obvious difficulty of making a branching narrative is that you have to double or triple up on your work, and ND's already got such a fucked work environment there probably would have been staff deaths.

has ND ever really made an objectively good game? even the bandicoot series only really got by because platformers were fucking huge in its time and it was on the playstation, which didn't have much competition there. it was never close to the same level as mario, and everything they've made since uncharted has just been glorified movie games. i guess i have no point of reference for the jak series, so those could be mindblowingly good or whatever.
Crash Team Racing, Jak Trilogy, Jak X Racing

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
fair enough. crash 1 and the uncharted games were godawful and those and voyeurism on TLoU are all i really have to base my opinion of them on.
Uncharted 1 was generally bad because it revolved around killing X amount of enemies before allowing you to progress. I really did not like the uncharted series as a whole. No real freedom a ton of scripted shit. Level design was mostly corridors of some form.

The formula got better, but by other studios God of War 2018 did a ton of open world shit, the Tomb Raider games even did exploration better than Uncharted.

I dunno, I tried Jak and Crash and couldn't get into them, and Uncharted just looked like "Dur Hur Generic (((REALISTIC)))) Shootery Shoot" shit so I never looked at it and TLOUS looked to have the exact issues I have with The Walking Dead past season 3, I honestly Don't care about Naughty Dog as a developer..I am just here to laugh as TLOUS 2 falls apart. It was never going to be good because in the end there is only one plot line the series could ever go on.

"Everything is fucked, it is eternally fucked and it can't ever get unfucked, nothing the Main Characters do remotely matters because they are doomed from the outset because the writers can't actually have the protagonists have long term, lasting victories."

Say what you want about Kingdom Hearts storyline being a fucking mess (and holy shit it is) but at least in the course of two games you liberated One god damn section of the setting from the badguys, which is more that can be said for the Plot Treadmill that was The Last of Us.

If @Aurora wants to eliminate "padding" from the second game, Everything except Joel's teaching Ellie guitar, Abby Killing Joel, Ellie fighting with Abby at the end, and the Last scene could be cut with almost no effect on anything. There is your 60 Dollar game, 4 fucking Cut Scenes.

bricked

kiwifarms.net
Uncharted 1 was generally bad because it revolved around killing X amount of enemies before allowing you to progress. I really did not like the uncharted series as a whole. No real freedom a ton of scripted shit. Level design was mostly corridors of some form.
essentially my problem with uncharted 1-3, my existence as a player felt unnecessary outside of headshotting a few goons occasionally. i've never felt my participation was pointless like that even with say, the MGS games, which are also strong competitors for "more cutscene than gameplay." though i haven't played UC4 or MGS1 so i don't have a perfect knowledge of both series.

I am just here to laugh as TLOUS 2 falls apart.
same, at the end of the day i'm just amazed that ND is so revered in the industry.

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
I really did not like the uncharted series as a whole. No real freedom a ton of scripted shit. Level design was mostly corridors of some form.
Weirdly the PS1 kinda set naughty dog's design philosophy up, the reason Crash is like that is due to the background loading of the engine. alot of their later games do the whole "work around the hardware limits for the best results". it's probably why TLoU and uncharted rely so heavily on scripted segments, it's a carry over.

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
Voodoo Vince was unironically better than Crash purely due to the OST and Billy Hatcher was better just due to it's gameplay.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I generally liked ND's output up until The Last of Us. The first Jak game was my first PS2 game, and I was real young when I played it so I have a lot of nostalgia for it. The Jak sequels were fine, I was never a big fan of them because I felt the first one had more charm to it, but beyond that I find myself revisiting Crash and Uncharted every few years. Crash 1 and 2 are two of my favorite platformers ever, and Uncharted was always a stand-out series for me and was, in my eyes, one of the big reasons to own a PS3. I can definitely understand why people don't like Uncharted because it did lead to the unfortunate "cinematic gaming" cancer that's spread throughout the current game industry, but Uncharted never took itself too seriously; it was about emulating summer blockbusters than shitty art cinema, and for their time they were technologically impressive. As someone who dislikes cinematic gaming, I give Uncharted a pass because at the very least it's focused on spectacle and blow-out action setpieces than tedious walking sections where people do nothing but talk. I even started replaying Uncharted 1 and it's night and day from TLOU 2; it's more concerned with having fun than making everyone miserable.

Really, I think TLOU 1 was the first Naughty Dog game I genuinely didn't like because it wasn't fun. It traded Uncharted's explosions for slow, boring, unskippable walking sequences. I never cared much for the story or characters either so the game's slow pacing drove me away from it.

Last edited:

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
You know what was never good, Magna Carta 1 and 2.
Don't even know what that is but it's probably some gay shit seeing as it's named after something made by Brits and a brief search says it's some kinda asian game made by someone not named Itagaki, Swery, or Capcom.

HomerSimpson

Bigger are better
kiwifarms.net
The Woke-Off continued on Twitter yesterday, as ND's favorite critic made a comment and Troy Baker got triggered.

View attachment 1415718

View attachment 1415719

View attachment 1415720

tweet / archive / tweet / archive
Imagine being someone who gets paid to write about video games. Now imagine you hate the customer, and the product. Now imagine that you aren't even good at it and want everything to be movie length because don't want to actually spend your time doing your job. That's who these people are. Gamergate should've never happened because these people should've never existed in the first place.

Tags
None