The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

John Merston

the return and dislike
kiwifarms.net
It's interesting how a lot of people are unfazed seeing fictional (or even actual) people being brutalized or killed, but completely lose their shit at the sight of an animal being abused or killed.

It probably has to do with animals being viewed as generally "innocent," with even bad behavior being excusable because of illness, injury and instinct, where human beings are notorious for their willful nastiness. A person trying to kill you is a shithead. A dog trying to kill you is either hungry and desperate, or well-trained and obeying a command. It's easier to feel bad for the dog if he dies.
It's funny because the game tries to portray Abby's dad as this super-good person who didn't deserve to be killed by Joel by having him save a zebra's life in a flashback. This is the same guy who was willing to cut open a 14-year-old girl's brain because it might hold the key to a vaccine for the cordyceps plague.

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
It's funny because the game tries to portray Abby's dad as this super-good person who didn't deserve to be killed by Joel by having him save a zebra's life in a flashback. This is the same guy who was willing to cut open a 14-year-old girl's brain because it might hold the key to a vaccine for the cordyceps plague.
Who also was, at the very least, a part of the murder of 25 other people (who we don't know if they consented or not) so that the fireflies could have a cure. Not the world. The fireflies.

TruthSeekingDaimon

kiwifarms.net
This is the same guy who was willing to cut open a 14-year-old girl's brain because it might hold the key to a vaccine for the cordyceps plague.
Wouldt a better idea be have sex with Ellie so that she might give birth to immune kids?
Use Ellie as this breeder to make more immune people. If someone dies in childbirth, you can do your stuff with their brain anyway.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Well, it's the fastest selling first party Sony title ever so it probably feels pretty comfortable. Unless you are the story guy and have to hear everyone mock your shitty narrative.
I was referring only to the story/cultural impact part, not the financial success. If you, a AAA game team, were to get outsold by an indie game you won't be able to leave the industry in shame, because you'll be violently ejected from it. The story and contrived morals is what the writers focus on and made a big deal about being disserved with the leaks, so managing to convey it worse than the indie game basically made for children is pretty sad.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
They've been trying this shit forever, and it will never, ever work. It repulses nearly the entire whole of men. TLOU 2 got an 80% drop-off in its second week. Its not a wonder why.
I heard this game needs to move maybe 20 million units in order to be profitable. We know it reached 4 million in 'record time' but does it have a shot of reaching 16 million more or are sales going to go from record breaking highs to a complete bomb in the long run?

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They've been trying this shit forever, and it will never, ever work. It repulses nearly the entire whole of men. TLOU 2 got an 80% drop-off in its second week. Its not a wonder why.
And a whole bunch of women, too. Wanting good human aesthetics isn't reliant on it being a sexual attraction.

And as an aside, all I really know about Uncharted is watching the video of the Crash Easter Egg from Uncharted 4 that was posted a while back. Which I thought was really cute, and made me curious about the two characters, but wasn't anything to do with its gameplay.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I heard this game needs to move maybe 20 million units in order to be profitable. We know it reached 4 million in 'record time' but does it have a shot of reaching 16 million more or are sales going to go from record breaking highs to a complete bomb in the long run?
Dubious. Drop offs don't usually recover. they just keep going until they plateau out. They can fudge the numbers for the general public by putting it with bundles but all in all, selling 16 million units is going to be a feat for a completely linear game with no replay value, little gameplay and no multiplayer that has bad word of mouth.

If it had a good multiplayer mode, it'd have a decent chance of making its money back. But it doesn't, and its just going to come too late. Once Ghosts hits, people are eventually going to move on.

And a whole bunch of women, too. Wanting good human aesthetics isn't reliant on it being a sexual attraction.

And as an aside, all I really know about Uncharted is watching the video of the Crash Easter Egg from Uncharted 4 that was posted a while back. Which I thought was really cute, and made me curious about the two characters, but wasn't anything to do with its gameplay.
Well, what feminists and soy boys don't seem to understand is nobody wants to look at fucking ugly people. Men don't want to look at ugly men and women don't want to look at ugly women. You're basically going against humanity and you're going to lose every time.

TheLastJoestar

kiwifarms.net
Can we stop pretending like high sales means anything? Sonic 06 was the exact same thing High sales and nearly nuked the franchise. the difference is, Sonic team didn't act like dick heads on twitter paying media to call haters of their game anthro-phobes and pretending they made a modern masterpiece.

Name recognition carried the game. Infamy will kill it.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Can we stop pretending like high sales means anything? Sonic 06 was the exact same thing High sales and nearly nuked the franchise. the difference is, Sonic team didn't act like dick heads on twitter paying media to call haters of their game anthro-phobes and pretending they made a modern masterpiece.

Oh, high sales means fucking nothing, I just want the hard proof. There's some other people I know of who are sucking Neil's dick and think he's untouchable with how successful the game is.

I want the silver bullet that proves that, no, TLOU2 is a massive failure in the end.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
This might have already been posted, but there's too many pages in this thread to scroll through and I'll be damned to let this masterwork be forgotten to time.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, THE END OF CHOKEPOSTING.

EDIT: Uploaded full version with better quality.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net

The Uncharteds are fun, no they're not the deepest games around but the characters are very likable and the set pieces and overall tone are fun.

It does a great job capturing the vibe of the classic adventure genre and updating it for both present day setting and modern gaming.

Last edited:

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lara Croft is so much better than that damned Uncharted series. But they are fun if I'm being honest. At least the first three are. I do not consider anything after that to be canon. Especially not with Thing 1 and Thing 2 voicing characters and the whole brother shit.

Lara Croft is more realistic now yeah, but Camilla Ludington really gave it her all in each one. Props to her. The story is meh. Still cool. Keeley Hawes is still number one though. *clutches dark horse omnibuses*

Drakonnan

I'm working on it.
kiwifarms.net
Oh, high sales means fucking nothing, I just want the hard proof. There's some other people I know of who are sucking Neil's dick and think he's untouchable with how successful the game is.

I want the silver bullet that proves that, no, TLOU2 is a massive failure in the end.
Sony will do everything in their power to hide that TLOU2 was a failure. Just like Disney and the starwars sequel trilogy

bricked

kiwifarms.net
you know, watching a playthrough of this shit now, joel saves abby from imminent death, he and tommy get her ass to safety from a massive fucking horde, and she still roid rages and kills joel? that just makes ellie's change of heart at the end seem even more bullshit. drekguy can fuck off, honestly.

Hangula Hungui

Please don’t push me, mummy packed me yoghurt
kiwifarms.net

DDB9E801-2B1D-4CAB-A717-8B28C5FAD471.jpeg

in the end, all that matters to cooperations like Sony is if the money they invested was made back and then some.
It took the first game several years and another console generation to hit 17 million copies (as of 2018 ). What’s more important is the fact that the first game almost definitely didn’t have as high of a budget than the second one had.
17 million copies vs a budget of 50 to 100 million dollars is okay.

Like I said before, we need to wait and see if the game is a financial failure (because marketing wise, it’s doing worse than the first game).

The Silver Shroud

"I am the Silver Shroud, a champion of justice!"
kiwifarms.net
Lara Croft is so much better than that damned Uncharted series. But they are fun if I'm being honest. At least the first three are. I do not consider anything after that to be canon. Especially not with Thing 1 and Thing 2 voicing characters and the whole brother shit.

Lara Croft is more realistic now yeah, but Camilla Ludington really gave it her all in each one. Props to her. The story is meh. Still cool. Keeley Hawes is still number one though. *clutches dark horse omnibuses*
If someone merged the fun characters, writing and set pieces of Uncharted with the superior gameplay and exploration of new Tomb Raider I would be a happy woman.

Tags
None