The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Drakonnan

I'm working on it.
kiwifarms.net
Oh, high sales means fucking nothing, I just want the hard proof. There's some other people I know of who are sucking Neil's dick and think he's untouchable with how successful the game is.

I want the silver bullet that proves that, no, TLOU2 is a massive failure in the end.
Sony will do everything in their power to hide that TLOU2 was a failure. Just like Disney and the starwars sequel trilogy

bricked

kiwifarms.net
you know, watching a playthrough of this shit now, joel saves abby from imminent death, he and tommy get her ass to safety from a massive fucking horde, and she still roid rages and kills joel? that just makes ellie's change of heart at the end seem even more bullshit. drekguy can fuck off, honestly.

Hangula Hungui

Please don’t push me, mummy packed me yoghurt
kiwifarms.net
Can we stop pretending like high sales means anything? Sonic 06 was the exact same thing High sales and nearly nuked the franchise. the difference is, Sonic team didn't act like dick heads on twitter paying media to call haters of their game anthro-phobes and pretending they made a modern masterpiece.

Name recognition carried the game. Infamy will kill it.
DDB9E801-2B1D-4CAB-A717-8B28C5FAD471.jpeg

in the end, all that matters to cooperations like Sony is if the money they invested was made back and then some.
It took the first game several years and another console generation to hit 17 million copies (as of 2018 ). What’s more important is the fact that the first game almost definitely didn’t have as high of a budget than the second one had.
17 million copies vs a budget of 50 to 100 million dollars is okay.

Like I said before, we need to wait and see if the game is a financial failure (because marketing wise, it’s doing worse than the first game).

The Silver Shroud

"I am the Silver Shroud, a champion of justice!"
kiwifarms.net
Lara Croft is so much better than that damned Uncharted series. But they are fun if I'm being honest. At least the first three are. I do not consider anything after that to be canon. Especially not with Thing 1 and Thing 2 voicing characters and the whole brother shit.

Lara Croft is more realistic now yeah, but Camilla Ludington really gave it her all in each one. Props to her. The story is meh. Still cool. Keeley Hawes is still number one though. *clutches dark horse omnibuses*
If someone merged the fun characters, writing and set pieces of Uncharted with the superior gameplay and exploration of new Tomb Raider I would be a happy woman.

stupid moron

REALLY, REALLY, dumb
kiwifarms.net
So I've been playing through the game and I actually kind of like the first half despite Dina being stupid as fuck. I had fun exploring and killing bandits. But now the game has me playing as Abby and I just do not give a fuck. She is so boring. Her and Owen are so boring i want to quit the game.

Seriously why couldnt they just make a normal revenge plot, why do we need to explore these boring characters that we hate?

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I heard this game needs to move maybe 20 million units in order to be profitable. We know it reached 4 million in 'record time' but does it have a shot of reaching 16 million more or are sales going to go from record breaking highs to a complete bomb in the long run?
Well, let's look at it this way.

Any "drop off" in a second week of 50% or more is seen as an utter disaster in most industries. OK, games tend to have a shorter shelf life as people rush to buy, but the fact it's tanked 80% from 4 million? Means 4 million in the first week, and just 800,000 in the second.

Its DOA.

Anya15

kiwifarms.net

Any "drop off" in a second week of 50% or more is seen as an utter disaster in most industries. OK, games tend to have a shorter shelf life as people rush to buy, but the fact it's tanked 80% from 4 million? Means 4 million in the first week, and just 800,000 in the second.

Its DOA.
The 80% thing is only in the uk.

• Informative
Reactions: FuckedUp

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The 80% thing is only in the uk.
And? The UK Games market is fucking huge. It's worth $13.5bn a year. About 1/3 of the size of the US's of $36.9 when we have significantly less population.

If a game's doing badly over here and isn't meant to be niche? It's going to tank. We know its tanking in Japan, its tanking in the UK, which means we'll probably laugh when the figures come out for the USA too.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
And? The UK Games market is fucking huge. It's worth $13.5bn a year. About 1/3 of the size of the US's of $36.9 when we have significantly less population.

If a game's doing badly over here and isn't meant to be niche? It's going to tank. We know its tanking in Japan, its tanking in the UK, which means we'll probably laugh when the figures come out for the USA too.
Why is our games market so huge? Why are British such consoomers>?

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
TV's shit, innit mate? So you get Darren n Bazza round, both ledges and you have a cheeky dominos n carling while you play FIFA or COD.
Fifa is the big gay, but COD is bangin.

That and Rockstar's British.
Yeah, I had no idea the UK's had a 'silicon valley' sort of thing going on around the Midlands, we produce shitloads of games and programs that I was just completely oblivious to. Weird.

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I had no idea the UK's had a 'silicon valley' sort of thing going on around the Midlands, we produce shitloads of games and programs that I was just completely oblivious to. Weird.
Office space is cheap in the Midlands, sometimes hilariously so. So it's no surprise a largely flew into the whole region. Increasingly business estates and such will fall over at getting a games company in.

I know of one such business park place that was happily knocking walls out for one company.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TV's shit, innit mate? So you get Darren n Bazza round, both ledges and you have a cheeky dominos n carling while you play FIFA or COD.

That and Rockstar's British.
Scottish, actually, but we won't hold that against them. They used to be called DMA Design and the got big with Lemmings back in the day. Which in turn started life as a thought experiment to see what the smallest sprite they could make with recognisable features and animation was.

Fifa is the big gay, but COD is bangin.

Yep. Creative Assembly (developer of Total War), Eidos, Core Design (developed original Tomb Raider), Rareware (Donkey Kong Country etc), Frontier Developments (Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo), etc. It all goes back, I've heard, to the 1980s. While you burgers were rabidly consooming the NES, we were kicking about with our Speccies and C64s and later Atari STs and Amigas, none of which had Mario or any of the cool Nintendo games, but which you didn't have to fork over a huge sum to same to develop on. Now, the advantage of tape and disk based systems over cartridge systems is that being open platforms, what started with teenaged nerds autodidacting themselves assembly language and later C and other high level languages so they could make their own shitty games ended up with them learning how to make actually good games and then moving to the PC in the mid 1990s just in time for the big boom in PC gaming of that time.

Its DOA.
Hmmmm. The sources I've seen referring to the drop off of 80% as "normal" for such big games. They also refer to Uncharted 4 having a 78% drop off. That smells like spin to me.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, high sales means fucking nothing, I just want the hard proof. There's some other people I know of who are sucking Neil's dick and think he's untouchable with how successful the game is.

I want the silver bullet that proves that, no, TLOU2 is a massive failure in the end.
In games it's often the successor sales that proves how good the previous game was.

This might have already been posted, but there's too many pages in this thread to scroll through and I'll be damned to let this masterwork be forgotten to time.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, THE END OF CHOKEPOSTING.

View attachment 1417805

0:34 for kiwifarms choke

Hazel Motes

"I can smell the sin on your breath"
kiwifarms.net
It took me years to realise I live next to a Ubisoft until I saw them hiring.

Reactions: Parthenos

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget some of the now defunct studios! Psygnosis (Destruction Derby) were Scousers, Ocean (Micro Machines) were Mancs and Bullfrog (Theme Park and Theme Hospital) were from Guildford.

Hell, the Theme Hospital successors studio, 2Point is located in Farnham.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget some of the now defunct studios! Psygnosis (Destruction Derby) were Scousers, Ocean (Micro Machines) were Mancs and Bullfrog (Theme Park and Theme Hospital) were from Guildford.

Hell, the Theme Hospital successors studio, 2Point is located in Farnham.
Psygnosis - eaten by Sony. Bullfrog - eaten by EA. Ocean, well, I don't know what happened to them. I think they merged with Infogrames of France, then faded into the aether. No great loss.

Then again, there was a reason that back in the Atari ST days, "standard Ocean platformer" was a meme. Though they did do some good stuff; their port of the Robocop arcade game was fairly faithful with a nice chiptune rendition of Basil Poledouris's soundtrack and added a discrete shooting the rapist in the dick level.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
I've tried reasoning with Abby's body, regardless of the fact they made it larger between tease and release, and the fact she's larger than a professional current-day athlete. But in the end, I realize it's because I've seen more realistic and thoroughly defined bodies in Second Life.

Her body looks like a body not meant for that size boosted to 180% on each size slider. It's not meant to work at that size, yet that's what they did. Her triceps aren't at all defined at any point. It's like she's both ripped and fat, and on top of all of that, her head is just not the correct size.

I only really watched the ending and some "funny" moments, and honestly, I can see how Ellie let her go in a fit of "what's the fucking point anymore". But that's something I conjured from my own limited view of the game, and not the what, 20-30 hours meant to flesh her out.

Tags
None