The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

TheyCallItNPD

kiwifarms.net
Abby's body double is this person:
yr26wic7a8411.jpg

Her face double is apparently this person:
34174435.jpg

I don't really know why they chose to design Abby the way they did. One theory I heard was that Abby buffed herself up to make herself a killing machine so that she could fulfil her revenge. I wish her body type wasn't so distracting... but I guess it reveals how challenged guys feel when there's a woman on the screen who denies you the enjoyment of female attractiveness.

Prester John

kiwifarms.net
"Currently, Naughty Dog is developing The Last of Us Part II, the much-anticipated sequel to 2013's The Last of Us. Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment located in Santa Monica, California.
Parent: SIE Worldwide Studios, Sony Interactive ..."
Well true, in that sense, I guess Sony fronts all the costs and reaps all the profits, in the end. The original quote I was responding to made it seem like this was the industry standard, not just an idiosyncrasy of this particular case where Sony happens to own Naughty Dog:

Ok, so let's look at the whole games price thing.

Games have not been subject to inflation. Still being $60 a pop some 10 years on.

Of the $60, Sony gets $27 on physical sales, and rises to the full $60 on digital sales. (Hence all the consoles and publishers trying, and failing, to make their own platforms a few years ago).
My apologies to Ponderous Pillock if I misunderstood his point.

• Feels
Reactions: Aurora

Iodised Ant

Gacha nigger
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1419748

View attachment 1419749

I don't really know why they chose to design Abby the way they did. One theory I heard was that Abby buffed herself up to make herself a killing machine so that she could fulfil her revenge. I wish her body type wasn't so distracting... but I guess it reveals how challenged guys feel when there's a woman on the screen who denies you the enjoyment of female attractiveness.
Okay, first of all we see this monster naked, in a impromptu sex scene, people are justified in being upset about her appearance, but barring that, look at the logics of Abby's build. She is one of the most muscular characters in the game bigger than all of the men, the only people girthier than her thus far are the strong fat enemies. Get as built as she is requires a lot of food and steroids, not just a gym, and her settlement only has like 4 cattle, and are going through a food shortage. So if Abby did get buff just for revenge that means that her personal revenge was a heavy investment for her entire settlement, and she didn't even know if she'd even find Joel.

bricked

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1419748

View attachment 1419749

no wonder she looks so awful, they frankensteined her together. should've just stuck with one or the other.

also watching combat in this game, hardened survivors stand out in the open during a gun battle to reload? like, sure, muh gameplay, but this is supposedly on hard.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KiA is jerking themselves off hardcore about "THE GAME DROPPING OFF THE (UK) CHARTS! THEY DID GO BROKE!", and then just ignoring the same article said Uncharted 4 had the same drop off.

Uncharted 4 would go on to sell 16 million copies. Uncharted 4 also had a similarly "woke" release. Gimme those delicious Autistic ratings, but this shit ain't gonna just stop selling after this week.
Uncharted 4 also didn’t have the daughter of some random mook you killed on the last games beat Drake’s head in with a golf club an hour in and then become one of the main playable characters.

Not denying your logic, just saying it’s a bit more complicated than that.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KiA is jerking themselves off hardcore about "THE GAME DROPPING OFF THE (UK) CHARTS! THEY DID GO BROKE!", and then just ignoring the same article said Uncharted 4 had the same drop off.

Uncharted 4 would go on to sell 16 million copies. Uncharted 4 also had a similarly "woke" release. Gimme those delicious Autistic ratings, but this shit ain't gonna just stop selling after this week.
Uncharted 4 didn't have as bad of word of mouth. Its general tenor was "Dissapointing" where as this one is "Fucking Awful".

I still expect this game to make a tidy profit, though much less than expected and any third installment to be DoA.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Uncharted 4 didn't have as bad of word of mouth. Its general tenor was "Dissapointing" where as this one is "Fucking Awful".

I still expect this game to make a tidy profit, though much less than expected and any third installment to be DoA.
And Cuckman's career is in the toilet. Nobody's going to let him be in charge of anything ever again.

stuffandthings

Inflammatory Metacommentary
kiwifarms.net
I'm giving this guy massive props for not shitting all over this game, even though everyone both expected and wanted him too. He said what he really thought about it, being both very critical of parts, but honest about what he thought was good. I think the game sounds like a dreary nightmare of annoying feels and I'm loving everyone hating on it. But I gotta respect honesty.

The Silver Shroud

"I am the Silver Shroud, a champion of justice!"
kiwifarms.net
Uncharted 4 also had the decency to give Drake and co. a nice sendoff that left most satisfied even if they found the overall story disappointing. It also had good multiplayer which probably helped its legs in the long run. TLOU2 does not have that same luxury at the moment, and I can't imagine its pacing will lend well to replays.
It’s almost hilarious how completely different the endings of U4 and TLOU2 are.

Drake ends up with everything he really needed and then some. His backstory started with a broken family trying to fulfil the legacy of their mother by finding the treasure she sought, but ends with him finding what really matters in a legacy, a hard built, strong family.
Ellie never learns her lesson and loses everything in a torturous ride of pointless disgusting misery.

One of these endings is satisfying.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net

The circumstances of Uncharted are different, also that game did not literally kill the franchise, same as my last example of AC Unity it sold like hotcakes, it was garbage but did not kill AC, and like someone pointed me before, the first week they count the sales of preorders and digital purchases but dont count refunds or people disappointed with their physical copy and selling it for peanuts on ebay

Sales are not a standard of quality, because sales can be boosted by promotion, the only reason TLOU 2 is moving 4 millions by now is by sony blowing money and expecting something out of it

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
Okay, first of all we see this monster naked, in a impromptu sex scene, people are justified in being upset about her appearance, but barring that, look at the logics of Abby's build. She is one of the most muscular characters in the game bigger than all of the men, the only people girthier than her thus far are the strong fat enemies. Get as built as she is requires a lot of food and steroids, not just a gym, and her settlement only has like 4 cattle, and are going through a food shortage. So if Abby did get buff just for revenge that means that her personal revenge was a heavy investment for her entire settlement, and she didn't even know if she'd even find Joel.
I think we are supposed to look at the gym and jut assume Abby has a severe workout routine. But without enough calories she would be passing out. I know it's just a game but it's so weird to think about given the circumstances.

Even if she was The Chosen One who could save the world with a Joel in One somehow... Well in most games, even when it's been eastablished that MC is the hero who will save humanity, they don't get all their gear for free. Link should be hearing "your rupees are no good here" at every shop. But that's not how it usually works. Random NPC #145 needs to make a living too. Even if the hero is the only reason he will live to make a living in the future. NPCs seldom sacrifice their wellbeing just so you can kill things easier.

I guess it all makes a lot more sense if you think of the NPCs as individuals with their own problems.

Abby isn't a hero anyway. Her revenge is 100% personal and she even tries to kill the girl that her father thought could save humanity. Not for medical reasons. It's out of pure hatred. No one is going to give Abby a side of beef and whatever supplements exist/are still usable. No one is going to sacrifice very finite resources they are already running out of to fuel Abby's desire to lower her score with Joel's head.

Abby's appearance is both disgusting and hilarious at the same time. She is a frankencharacter. Literally. She looks like a troon and I can barely consider her female. It would be better if Abby were officially trans. Then her manly appearance would not be so damn jarring.

and like someone pointed me before, the first week they count the sales of preorders and digital purchases but dont count refunds or people disappointed with their physical copy and selling it for peanuts on ebay

Sales are not a standard of quality, because sales can be boosted by promotion, the only reason TLOU 2 is moving 4 millions by now is by sony blowing money and expecting something out of it
Plus there's the question of how much a copy was sold for. That's one of the other things that makes tracking this sort of thing difficult from the outside. If TLOU2 sells 10-15 million copies, that'll sound impressive, but contain no information about how many of those copies were sold at a discount. If millions of copies are sold during various 25%-50% off sales, or at steep discounts in bargain bins if stocks sit on shelves for too long, that's not nearly as impressive. Obviously we're nowhere near that point, but it's something to keep in mind for the long term.

Tags
None